Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why? If a person spends their time on the classifieds and doesn’t dive into the other forums that’s zero reason to suspect anyone. If all of their classified posts have poor feedback that’s one thing, but just using the site different than you use it isn’t cause for concern by itself.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought a Leupold from him (that cost more than either of those rifles) and all was fine....Tom

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Why? If a person spends their time on the classifieds and doesn’t dive into the other forums that’s zero reason to suspect anyone. If all of their classified posts have poor feedback that’s one thing, but just using the site different than you use it isn’t cause for concern by itself.

The seller has 4,200 posts - apparently all of them in the classifieds. He should have enough experience to know the importance of using greater detail in his post.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

👍 +1

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement! 🥴
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OlRufus

👍 +1
Agree. Have done business with him in the past. Zero issues.

In the future, worth asking about function/condition if it isn't listed in the ad...

IC B2

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'm not here to DIS anyone, but so what, I spend a good deal of my time on here in the classifieds! Do I make comments else where, sure, but, im always looking here. I spose what I have to wonder is, the op posted this, but has not responded to any thoughts. Maybe busy, maybe not, I dunno. I guess I just struggle with the fact that the ad stated he didn't know anything about them and was just looking to unload them. Ya get what ya get I guess. Would I have cycled the Mossberg and pulled the the trigger, probably. Would I have done what the op did to make it work, yep! Would I have taken the Steven's out and shot it, no, I wouldn't have if I had no interest and wanted to move it, it was described as he knew it imho, purchased were two utilitarian guns that needed a little work, big deal

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is the actual ad:

I have a couple guns that were left when my wife’s grandfather passed away a few months back. Just looking to part with them. I honestly don’t know what they are worth so if my prices are to high please let me know through a pm. No need to blow up the post. Just looking to sell them and get what they might be worth.
#1 A break action 12 gauge made by Springfield J Stevens Company. Gun is in ok shape asking $165.00 shipped
#2 A 12 gauge pump shotgun.500k Mossburg takes 2 3/4. Not in bad shape. Asking $235.00 shipped.
If anyone wants pictures please pm me. If anyone know about these and me price is high please pm me

He stated he didn't know their worth.
He stated the break open was in ok shape.
He stated the pump was not in bad shape.
He never stated he didn't know about the guns. He just didn't know about the pricing.

Is there anyone here who does not check out a new to them firearm? We know the guns are in need of TLC. The pump is up and running. Sounds like the Stevens may need the chamber cleaned out and the extractor oiled up and freed if stuck. Maybe the extractor will work then.

There is no way I would have sold these guns without mentioning these problems and now he is ignoring the OP. Not a good way to run your business.

Jim

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good afternoon Everyone,
I’m. Not here to try and defend myself in anyway, or comment on anything written about me . The gentleman that purchase the shotguns is going to return the stevens and get his money back.
I will text him a copy off the ffl.

Thank you

Scott

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why did it take this thread to get you to do the right thing?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Says the Classified Cowboy.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ask him one more time nicely to resolve the issue privately. If he refuses, then post his name and the whole ordeal right here.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You couldn't have paid me $300.00 to take those POS.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by NVhntr

I have a full time job. I don’t live on the forums. Any more questions you wants answered?

Last edited by winchester88; 09/08/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally, I'd try to work out a small refund 20-30+- bucks? Or? Rather than another 30-40 bucks in shipping on a 100.00+- gun.
Seem reasonable?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Says the Classified Cowboy.

Again, tell me the problem with that? I’ll happily admit I spend all my time in the classifieds here. The straight talk sections of the forum tend to be nothing but whining and crying drivel, so why would I spend time over there?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by winchester88

I have a full time job. I don’t live on the forums. Any more questions you wants answered?

BS, you’ve posted over 60 times since this sale but you couldn’t make it right till you were called out here.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

BS answer. You’ve got 4k posts in the classifieds, so you know how things work. OP says you won’t return messages and removed yourself from the PM conversation. You should have made this right without arm twisting.

Last edited by WMR; 09/08/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WMR

BS answer. You’ve got 4k posts in the classifieds, so you know how things work. OP says you won’t return messages and removed yourself from the PM conversation. You should have made this right without arm twisting.

You all don't know the whole story here or the entire timeline. You would be well served to drop it. Winchester88 is handling it and doesn't deserve to be skewered here by anyone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Says the other Classified Cowboy

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WMR

Agreed, very bad form, and a pathetic excuse. Not anyone I ever care to do business with, and I hope nobody else does either. To ignore we go.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10ring1, 163bc, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,991
Posts18,499,927
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.