Hop To
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Late 1950s Husqvarna 1640 Small ring 30-06 Sporter FS

Here is a super nice all original Husqvarna model 1640 rifle I have for sale. This is the model made on Husqvarna's light weight "improved" Mauser action that combines the best features of both the small ring m96 and large ring m98 rifles.The rifle is the full sized sporter version with the 24" barrel chambered in 30-06. The rifle is great condition with almost 100% bluing and stock finish. The only evidence of age is some light storage dings in the stock . The gun was made around 1957--58 based on the serial number range and in great shape for being 65 years old. This rifle was likely brought back by an Individual or Service member from Europe as there are no importers markings anywhere on the gun - just the factory Husqvarna markings.

The bolt is serial numbered to the action and the bolt face almost looks new. The stock is a nice well laid out piece of quarter sawn European walnut and while the pics don't show it , there is a bit of curl in the butt portion. The fit and finish of these rifles is very nice . The stock has no cracks and the action is almost perfectly fitted to the stock. The bore is like new and I have taken this rifle to the range and it shot well when scoped - about 1-1.5" for three quick shots with 150g factory ammo. I will include a set of steel Weaver style Warne scope bases with the gun.

The rifle weighs 6lbs 10 oz and the LOP is 13.75" over the factory plate.

My price on this rifle is $645 plus $35 shipping and insurance to an FFL that will accept shipments from individuals. I will only ship this rifle to an FFL - no FTF transactions.

Not interested in any trades or low ball offers.

US Postal Money order as payment please.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by jk16; 09/08/23.
GB1

J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
It has been brought to my attention I made a typo on the weight. It is 6 lbs, 10 oz....

The text has been corrected to reflect that.

My apologies .

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pretty cherry!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nice

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Great rifle in a great caliber.

Intentionally left blank.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
These rifles stocks almost always split at the rear of the tang .I see some one pillar bedded the rear action screw to avoid this from happening . Good move on their part .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Huntz
These rifles stocks almost always split at the rear of the tang .I see some one pillar bedded the rear action screw to avoid this from happening . Good move on their part .

The rifle is 100% original.

That steel pillar at the rear is factory. The original Mauser 98 stocks had a rear steel pillar as well. They also had the interlocking front stock bolt shrouds machined into the action and bottom metal that acts like a pillar on the front action screw. This rifle has the same feature. I have owned enough of these older Husqvarna's to know that.

The later 1960s era Husqvarnas may have left off those features, but the 1950s Husqies that I have examined all had them.

Last edited by jk16; 09/08/23.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
TAG

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jk16

That steel pillar at the rear is factory. The original Mauser 98 stocks had a rear steel pillar as well. They also had the interlocking front stock bolt shrouds machined into the action and bottom metal that acts like a pillar on the front action screw. This rifle has the same feature. I have owned enough of these older Husqvarna's to know that.

The later 1960s era Husqvarnas may have left off those features, but the 1950s Husqies that I have examined all had them.
Yes,I had a couple Husqies with the aluminum floor plate and trigger guard that did not have that feature .Both split the stock in the tang area .I had to bed them both to correct that problem . They sure are sweet rifles .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jk16

Yes,I had a couple Husqies with the aluminum floor plate and trigger guard that did not have that feature .Both split the stock in the tang area .I had to bed them both to correct that problem . They sure are sweet rifles .

Sorry to hear that about your guns.

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
That's pretty. Almost looks like a lightweight version with the Schnabel forend.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very Nice. - T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As per our pm

I will take this please

Thanks
John

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Angus1895
As per our pm

I will take this please

Thanks
John

I have set it back for you.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Heck of a deal, have a custom rifle built on that action.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As I learned last spring, with just a little inletting work, a Timney will fit in these if you want one. Nice snag.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.