Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'm wondering if the buyer ever asked if the were functional? Doesn't some responsibility to do 'due diligence' fall on the buyer as well?

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Says the other Classified Cowboy
Go cry in you're beer. I comment where I want and when I want. And I do so in and out of the classifieds.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Technoman26
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by winchester88
Why did it take this thread to get you to do the right thing?

I have a full time job. I don’t live on the forums. Any more questions you wants answered?

BS answer. You’ve got 4k posts in the classifieds, so you know how things work. OP says you won’t return messages and removed yourself from the PM conversation. You should have made this right without arm twisting.

You all don't know the whole story here or the entire timeline. You would be well served to drop it. Winchester88 is handling it and doesn't deserve to be skewered here by anyone.

Clue us in on “the whole story” and “the timeline”. Enlighten us. His BS explanation doesn’t hold water so why don’t you clarify the situation for all of us?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If the seller does not assist in a win/win resolution, I would post his name so the rest of us can make an informed decision about dealing with him. While these don’t appear to be premium guns, they’re not in operating order and the seller should have stated that. His not knowing that they were defective is an BS excuse, that I would not believe.
I’ve bought and sold here quite a bit and never saw the need to state when selling or ask when buying “does it function.”

Last edited by dale06; 09/08/23.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Technoman26
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by winchester88
Why did it take this thread to get you to do the right thing?

I have a full time job. I don’t live on the forums. Any more questions you wants answered?

BS answer. You’ve got 4k posts in the classifieds, so you know how things work. OP says you won’t return messages and removed yourself from the PM conversation. You should have made this right without arm twisting.

You all don't know the whole story here or the entire timeline. You would be well served to drop it. Winchester88 is handling it and doesn't deserve to be skewered here by anyone.

Clue us in on “The whole story”. Enlighten us. His BS explanation doesn’t hold water so why don’t you clarify the situation for all of us?

Perhaps you should address the OP. He appears to be online now. I say this is between him and Winchester88. I don't owe you an explanation. But I can assure you you don't know everything.

IC B2

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Holy [bleep], you'd think with 4000 posts all you classified detectives would know he was a crooked SOB!!!. Someone handed me two guns that I had no interest in id have stuck them in the corner and sold them. Frankly, I wouldn't have even wasted my time with shipping them on the fire. I'd have found someone in my little home town and sold them there. I got no dog in this fight, but this is plucking stupid. I don't think the Steven's was an ejector, it was an extractor, but who cares??? You ain't that much faster either way. Soak the chamber, run a brush and see what happens. Looks like 88 is willing to take it back, but for say 40 bucks in shipping and the pia of boxing it up?? I have better schitt to do with my time over a buck and a quarter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put a lot more trust in someone who has over 4000 posts in the Classifieds than I do the trolls up in the Hunters Campfire who only post there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
For fugks sake, it’s Friday. It’s a couple ole beater guns. OP should do a more thorough job and possibly buyer may ask questions next time.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I put a lot more trust in someone who has over 4000 posts in the Classifieds than I do the trolls up in the Hunters Campfire who only post there.

Agreed. The guys who sit on the campfire all day just seem to be cancerous whenever they leave the fire for a different subforum

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I would say the seller was disingenuous. He did state a condition but made no mention of a mechanical issue. If it was oversight on his part he should have been communicating to make things right. Unfortunately it took being called out here for him to respond to the buyer.
Its a sad day when you cant trust someone with thousands of posts.

Last edited by gdc2; 09/08/23.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
PM sent

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by gdc2
I would say the seller was disingenuous. He did state a condition but made no mention of a mechanical issue. If it was oversight on his part he should have been communicating to make things right. Unfortunately it took being called out here for him to respond to the buyer.
Its a sad day when you cant trust someone with thousands of posts.

I do understand communicating, don't get me wrong. I try to describe as best as I can, and I've always been told its better than expected, but... I'm not gonna waste my time running out and shooting two guns that were sitting in a closet for 50 years, or however long, that have no interest to me. Around here, you can buy a mossberg 500 for about 150 if you look, and a stevens ss for about 100, just the way it is. Shotguns are a dime a dozen!

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Maybe its just me, but based on the ad, I assumed he didn't mess with either of them.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by PSH
Maybe its just me, but based on the ad, I assumed he didn't mess with either of them.

Yeah.

Just me looking at the whole transaction I think I would have let the seller know the condition he sold them for his own information, and for the cost of the deal and return shipping I would just suck it up, kroil the shidt out of them and try to make them work and be done with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you sell a gun on here, or any other piece of man made mechanical inventions, you should state as to it's in working condition or not. If you advertise that it works as it's supposed to, and it doesn't, then you're at fault and the buyer has every right to have their money refunded in full, along with the right to warn others about the seller.

However, if you advertise that same item and say you know nothing about it, and am selling it "as is", then anyone who buys it is doing so at their risk. If that buyer doesn't like what they bought, then any blowing off steam about the deal should happen in private, not on an open forum.

Not taking sides here, but when something is advertised in okay condition, that does imply that it works. I don't think the seller was trying to cheat anyone, I just think he should have been a little more definitive as to the condition.

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If you sell a gun on here, or any other piece of man made mechanical inventions, you should state as to it's in working condition or not. If you advertise that it works as it's supposed to, and it doesn't, then you're at fault and the buyer has every right to have their money refunded in full, along with the right to warn others about the seller.

However, if you advertise that same item and say you know nothing about it, and am selling it "as is", then anyone who buys it is doing so at their risk. If that buyer doesn't like what they bought, then any blowing off steam about the deal should happen in private, not on an open forum.

Not taking sides here, but when something is advertised in okay condition, that does imply that it works. I don't think the seller was trying to cheat anyone, I just think he should have been a little more definitive as to the condition.

EXACTLY!!! He did not state one way or the other, I dont see any reason to crucify someone over 390.00 bucks, and thats the most, what went on in PMs? This is dumb, and I've been sucked into it. Regardless of whether or not posts are in the classifieds or not it don't take long here for a crook to be brought out. Thats a good thing, but I guess I'd like to see all the haters point it out to me. Maybe ill change my position, but as it sits right now, ill read 88's ad, if I have questions ill ask, if I want it, I'll take it and deal with it. Yes, if someone lies, thats worth being called out on, can't see it over this puddle azz amount, and it ain't worth shipping.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PSH
Holy [bleep], you'd think with 4000 posts all you classified detectives would know he was a crooked SOB!!!. Someone handed me two guns that I had no interest in id have stuck them in the corner and sold them. Frankly, I wouldn't have even wasted my time with shipping them on the fire. I'd have found someone in my little home town and sold them there. I got no dog in this fight, but this is plucking stupid. I don't think the Steven's was an ejector, it was an extractor, but who cares??? You ain't that much faster either way. Soak the chamber, run a brush and see what happens. Looks like 88 is willing to take it back, but for say 40 bucks in shipping and the pia of boxing it up?? I have better schitt to do with my time over a buck and a quarter.

I'm at a point who really cares

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't wait for hunting season.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 160user
I can't wait for hunting season.
Winner!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'd ask the seller to send me a few bucks and keep the Stevens. Its a single shot, can't be much wrong with it. Saw the barrel off a little and stick it in the bedroom or the back of the truck. Might come in handy one day. No reason for all this hate and discontent. It won't be the first or last time you get screwed on a used gun.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 308ld, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 54 invisible), 1,709 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,125
Posts18,523,041
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.