Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Post a link and ditch

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Man made climate change is the reason for every natural disaster we will experience from now on. Book it. That is the narrative we are getting fed. And we should believe our media, they only want to report the truth for our own good.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Follow the Science
Masks will stop the spread - wrong
Locking down schools will stop the spread - wrong
Man made global warming causing more severe storms - wrong
Mandatory vaccines will stop the spread - wrong
Locking down businesses will stop the spread - wrong
People who believe Dems follow the science are gullible - CORRECT!

Follow the Money
Big Pharma and politicians made a lot of money off vaccines
- little or no testing for side effects
Politicians and Corporations are making a lot of money off “climate change”
Locking down businesses made a lot of money for big Corporations like Walmart and Amazon
The Big Guy made a lot of money off Ukraine
The Big Guy made a lot of money off China
China gets oil from the Big Guy
China ignores the Big Guy and builds more coal plants every day

Last edited by 250_3000; 09/09/23.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”
-Benjamin Franklin
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Florida has had about 120 hurricanes since like 1800 something, but this one was caused by climate change.
Any kind of weather event from now on will be too.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm hoping for a giant tsunami to hit a certain beach in Delaware when the Doofus in Chief is taking a vacation nap.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I'm hoping for a giant tsunami to hit a certain beach in Delaware when the Doofus in Chief is taking a vacation nap.
They're sending helicopters your way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bludog
Man made climate change is the reason for every natural disaster we will experience from now on. Book it. That is the narrative we are getting fed. And we should believe our media, they only want to report the truth for our own good.

That's why we need to stay in the house... with our masks on.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a really good book here that I try to read regularly. Even though written thousand's of years ago it tells me that there will be a distinctive and marked increase in these very things. So I don't need a scientist coming up with a reason that has nothing to do with it, and then blame me for the inevitable.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
I have a really good book here that I try to read regularly. Even though written thousand's of years ago it tells me that there will be a distinctive and marked increase in these very things. So I don't need a scientist coming up with a reason that has nothing to do with it, and then blame me for the inevitable.

What He said!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"Science" is a real conundrum here at the 'fire. On certain topics, it is the final, total, real, and absolute truth whenever some alternative theory is put forth. On other topics, it is dismissed as lies foisted upon us by our evil overlords.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Science tells us there are only two genders. XX and XY.

The libs don't always "follow the science". Only when it is twisted to suit a narrative.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
"Science" is a real conundrum here at the 'fire. On certain topics, it is the final, total, real, and absolute truth whenever some alternative theory is put forth. On other topics, it is dismissed as lies foisted upon us by our evil overlords.
Science isnt absolute. Its a best guess. Thats what everyone needs to get through their skulls. Libs use it as a some crazy religious cult that can never be questioned. It can and should always be questioned

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
And when i say best guess, i should state that its a best guess from honest scientists. Not the political hacks that pollute the world these days

Last edited by gunchamp; 09/09/23.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Climate Change isn't a Science.

It's a religion.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/scientific-theory

What is a scientific theory?

A scientific theory is a well-tested, broad explanation of a natural phenomenon.

In everyday life, we often use the word theory to mean a hypothesis or educated guess, but a theory in the context of science is not simply a guess—it is an explanation based on extensive and repeated experimentation. And it’s not the job of theories to become facts—they use available facts to make sense of a broad concept.

Scientific theories explain some of the most familiar and complex phenomena. A few of the best-known scientific theories are the theory of gravity, the theory of evolution, and the theory of relativity.

Scientific theory vs. law

If you ever stop to wonder why some fundamental process happens the way it does, it will most likely be a scientific theory that has the answer you seek. For example, if you have big questions about the movement of the planets in our solar system, the theory of heliocentrism has big answers (spoiler alert: they orbit around the sun). That’s because a theory is not just a single answer but a consistent system of many, many answers backed by supporting evidence.

In other words, a scientific theory is an in-depth, wide-sweeping explanation of a natural occurrence that can’t be proven wrong given our current scientific knowledge. So what’s the difference between a scientific theory, a scientific hypothesis, and a scientific law? A hypothesis, unlike a thoroughly tested scientific theory, is an educated guess that has not yet been fully tested or subjected to research. Hypotheses also tend to be very specific, whereas scientific theories are sweeping explanations that cover a wide range of questions about a phenomenon. The theory of evolution, for example, explains the incremental changes of all life forms on Earth over billions of years. A scientific law describes a scientific observation but doesn’t attempt to say why or how it happens, whereas a scientific theory explains exactly why or how it happens. For example, the law of gravity says that two objects will exert their gravitational pull on each other. It doesn’t say why the objects do this, however. The theory of gravity is the (much more complex) explanation as to exactly why and how these objects attract each other, encompassing all verified observations about such phenomena.

Scientific theories shape our understanding of topics in many different fields, from medicine to biology to astrophysics. A crucial aspect of scientific theories is that they can predict phenomena not yet directly observed—things that current technology can’t detect but that the theory nevertheless asserts to exist. One example of this is germ theory, developed by scientists in the 1800s. Although they lacked our current medical technology, their experiments correctly predicted the existence of viruses and bacteria. That’s more than just a good guess!

leftists don't believe in it.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
CockSocket just wanna be one of the boys again.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Climate Change isn't a Science.

It's a religion.

Careful with those stones you're throwing, COVTARD.

LOL

Your dumb fugking ass was ready to kill herself three years ago.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I just posted a reference to more of this BS in another post about an article by the Washington Post.

The article went like this: " Wildfire burns tundra over permafrost, permafrost melts, releasing massive CO2 and methane, which causes adverse climate change (global warming), which causes more lightning which sets more wildfires over permafrost areas....: I want money for experimental remote wildfire/ lightening fighting on Yukon Flats." By YF Refuge manager Fox.

Currently, remote wildfires ( like whichburned my whole remote-cabin valley last summer - no cabins lost) are only fought (mostly due to available resources) if they are man-caused or threaten infra-structure or people. While his basic cyclical (sp?) cause and effect "reasoning" may be sound, the rest of it is completely impractical and unworkable on a whole-Arctic scale.

Siberia alone is something like 10X bigger than Alaska.

Keep in mind permafrost is whole Arctic, not just on Yukon Flats.

IMO, the guy should be spending his paid working hours managing the f'gn Refuge, not doing pie-in-the -sky "research" and speculative grant/budget prospecting.

It also quoted average winter temps (no time span quoted that I recall) have increased by 9 degrees. My immediate thought was that there isn't a helluva lot of difference between 30 below and 21 below. Or whatever... smile

Yeh, I know, later falls, earlier spring. Is that a bad thing?

Sign me "contentious". smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,009
Posts18,500,140
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.