Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I know it’s odd but if you have a damaged beyond repair Leupold scope I’m interested in it. PM with what you have and I’ll get back with you. Thanks

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
GB1

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Anyone?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I did that once. I bought one out of a trash can at a pawn shop in Wasilla AK. I gave him $10 for it. Beat to hell and seized up. Sent it back to Leupold and they completely rebuilt it with a CPC reticle. It's still ugly as hell, but I still have it on a truck gun. Good luck with your search!

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I appreciate it!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Leupold has a lifetime warranty...............why would someone give away a scope ???????

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
i have a USA redfield that matches the description

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ubet
Leupold has a lifetime warranty...............why would someone give away a scope ???????

No one is asking to be given a scope.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

No one is asking to be given a scope.
Yes Sir I’m looking to buy one for a refinishing project for practice I don’t care if it’s functional I just want to practice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
why would it matter if its a leupold if its to practice refinishing? Any scope should do.

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by tal35
why would it matter if its a leupold if its to practice refinishing? Any scope should do.
I agree but I’m trying to get a job refinishing and custom finishing scopes for a local gunsmith that has some request for it now and then. He’s not interested in the work so he told me to send him some samples before and after. I’ve done a redfield and a Japanese weaver, he liked the results but wants to see a Leupold as that’s what most of his demand is. I told him there is no difference, but it’s his request.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tal35 if he looking for a leupold than who cares, there is no reason to crap on some one else thread, if you’re not looking to sell then move along.

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Savedbygrace2001
Tal35 if he looking for a leupold than who cares, there is no reason to crap on some one else thread, if you’re not looking to sell then move along.

I was being polite explaining what I needed, but you sir are correct. I’ve been around the fire long enough and met and dealt with plenty of members. I don’t have the reputation of being a scammer or FOS.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Buy books

…then practice

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by LBP
I agree but I’m trying to get a job refinishing and custom finishing scopes for a local gunsmith that has some request for it now and then. He’s not interested in the work so he told me to send him some samples before and after. I’ve done a redfield and a Japanese weaver, he liked the results but wants to see a Leupold as that’s what most of his demand is. I told him there is no difference, but it’s his request.

Hey Les, I may have a good candidate for you. It's an older gloss Vari-x III 2.5-8x36. It's a good scope, but rough around the edges. It's a gloss black scope. You don't say whether you are looking for a gloss or matte finish scope in your op. These scopes sell like hotcakes on ebay, but this one is not pristine. $200 shipped?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks buddy..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
BSA,

I’m going to check out a couple pawn shops here in town today and see what they have, if I don’t find anything I’ll let you know.

Thanks, my friend!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My point was not to crap on anyone's post, no need to be judgemental. My point was to say there are many brands that use aluminum tubes and similar construction. Maybe Leupold has one that came back in , not repairable, with no guarentee they would give you. What parameters need to be in place for a practice one? No Glass? Matter if it has a bullet nick or big dent, maybe I am missing the importance of the construction of the leupold in the practice painting or refinish. Maybe even a knockoff Leupold, they show up every once in awhile, or someone gets stung buying a fake.

Are you looking to refinish as in re-anodizing the tube, or re-building the internals, or re-finish of the outside of the tube with ceracoat, norrell's moly resin, etc.?

Possibly some of the options or things above might give people ideas on ones they have laying around, also what time frame interests you? I am sure that Leupold has changed their finish technique over the years, and outer finish may have to be limited because too high of temp may cause the seals to not hold up unless you have a nitrogen purge box.
Again , "Savedbygrace2001" no need to judge me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Perfectly viable question. I was wondering the same thing and you beat me to the question. I didn't see anything offensive with your question/statement.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
My point was not to crap on anyone's post, no need to be judgemental. My point was to say there are many brands that use aluminum tubes and similar construction. Maybe Leupold has one that came back in , not repairable, with no guarentee they would give you. What parameters need to be in place for a practice one? No Glass? Matter if it has a bullet nick or big dent, maybe I am missing the importance of the construction of the leupold in the practice painting or refinish. Maybe even a knockoff Leupold, they show up every once in awhile, or someone gets stung buying a fake.

Are you looking to refinish as in re-anodizing the tube, or re-building the internals, or re-finish of the outside of the tube with ceracoat, norrell's moly resin, etc.?

Possibly some of the options or things above might give people ideas on ones they have laying around, also what time frame interests you? I am sure that Leupold has changed their finish technique over the years, and outer finish may have to be limited because too high of temp may cause the seals to not hold up unless you have a nitrogen purge box.
Again , "Savedbygrace2001" no need to judge me

Cerakoting

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by LBP

Hey Les, I may have a good candidate for you. It's an older gloss Vari-x III 2.5-8x36. It's a good scope, but rough around the edges. It's a gloss black scope. You don't say whether you are looking for a gloss or matte finish scope in your op. These scopes sell like hotcakes on ebay, but this one is not pristine. $200 shipped?

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks buddy..

BSA,

I came up with a scope today.

Thanks, Buddy

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have an old Bushnell scope that's a fixed 3x. The gloss finish has been beat to hell and back. It would be a great candidate for a refinish job... just saying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.