Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 44mc
shooting your xbow for fun has nothing to do with hunting get off your high horse. I did not say any thing about free hand or hunting . pete I have nocked bolts together at 50yards free hand before[/quote

>> bring your money i thing your full of it, making statements like that on how far you can shoot a x-bow accurate rather its free hand or off the bench what do other bowhunters think you are meaning ? they are thinking hunting conditions !

[quote=goalie]Um, they already changed the law in Minnesota to allow crossbow use in archery season by anyone >>which is fine but that might not be what will be the end results ?

Are you concerned that they'll stop letting you use a crossbow?

yes i am as are many other handi cap and older x-bow archery hunters ,its like the Liberal DNR is putting us the handi cap and old archery hunters under the bus so in the future the DNR may change the season for all of us in a x-bow archery season . don`t thing that has not crossed the DNR`s mind i hope your smarter than that this chit could happen ?

Last edited by pete53; 09/10/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems to be a lot of high horses in the archery world. A few years back overheard a compound bow hunter criticizing x bow hunters. A old guy who shot a recurve commented they he was cheating with the compound bow. I guess they were all fortunate their wasn't a long bow hunter that whittled his own wooden arrows there to look down his nose at the both of them. Archery equipment has come a long way.

I took up bow hunting back in the late 80’s with a cheap Fred Bear compound bow. I got good enough after practicing for a summer to kill a few hogs then lost interest. I’m thinking on taking it back up next year. It gets me in the woods a month early at my lease in Alabama.
I will probably go with an Excalibur maybe 380 matrix crossbow. I’m 61 these days. I’m sure a few of younger compound bow hunters a camp might look down there nose at me but I don't really care.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johna1
Just wait until your first deer with one.

They are more efficient than a rifle.

In what way are crossbows more efficient? Please explain so I can understand what you are getting at.

Last edited by 9point3; 09/11/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've shot multiple deer with rifles.

And multiple deer with crossbows.

At the distances that I have killed deer with the crossbow, they have only ran a few feet before tumbling over.

I did kill a little 6 point with a 6.8 one year that dropped in its' tracks. But, that's the only one I've ever seen that done personally. Most of the time, they go a lot further before piling up and resulting in needing to track them.

I think 30 feet is the farthest I've seen a deer go before going down with a crossbow.

Least those are my experiences.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 9point3

In what way are crossbows more efficient? Please explain so I can understand what you are getting at.

ya me too ?

IC B2

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
yes i am as are many other handi cap and older x-bow archery hunters ,its like the Liberal DNR is putting us the handi cap and old archery hunters under the bus so in the future the DNR may change the season for all of us in a x-bow archery season . don`t thing that has not crossed the DNR`s mind i hope your smarter than that this chit could happen ?

What, exactly, are you afraid of?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
with an xcal if you turn the scope that came with the bow down to the FPS it will shoot to the marks in the scope, turn down the fps nob down 1 time then shot the 50yard mark at 60 yard. if you play with it you can shoot to 70 80 plus yards

this is B. S. ever shoot a x-bow free hand at 50 yds. ? myself i was always much more accurate with my compound bow when i was healthy than with a x-bow free hand. so if you feel you can shoot that x-bow so accurate at 50 yds. free hand come to my place and if you can out shoot my son and his compound bow at 50 yards 5 shots each i will hand you a $100.00 bill. you loose you hand my son the $100.00 bill , i will post the results on 24 hr. Campfire. so some weekend let me know if want to do this , Pete53

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry was in the hospital and the old guy kep changeling him to various weight lifting activities against his son.

The more Jerry win, the lord the old man upped tha anti.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Do you really not understand how x-bows are more efficient? If you can’t see that I’m not sure explains that to you will help.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
pete get the fu$k off your high horse I shot recurves all my life . my shoulders gave out 25 years ago I waited 11/12 years tell FLA made xbows leagle for every body . then I got one and I shoot it 2500/3000 times a year . so go pound sand you dumb fu$k

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

Do you really not understand how x-bows are more efficient? If you can’t see that I’m not sure explains that to you will help.

Just give the parameters of input vs results and I will hopefully understand what you are defining as efficient

Last edited by 9point3; 09/11/23. Reason: Change
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I stopped feeding trolls years ago.

But if you insist:

30-06/165 gr bullet @3000 fps = 2997 ft lb energy at the muzzle.

20", 535 gr arrow and broadhead weight @ 310 fps = 114 ft lb energy at the riser

Last deer I shot with a 30-06 was not recovered because it ran into a neighboring property. Which was a state animal preserve.

Last deer I shot with a crossbow, launched up on it's back legs, moved forward 6 steps, stiffened up, fell over.

Good shot placement for both.

Crossbow is more efficient.

Thanks for playing. Please come again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations!

I have a Kodak bow with an Excalibur micro limbs.

The trigger on the Kodak bow makes it for me 60 yard bow for elk, 50 for deer.

I need to try heavier bolts/ broadheads but I hate how the string deteriorates after shooting so I don’t shoot it much.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
pete get the fu$k off your high horse I shot recurves all my life . my shoulders gave out 25 years ago I waited 11/12 years tell FLA made xbows leagle for every body . then I got one and I shoot it 2500/3000 times a year . so go pound sand you dumb fu$k

let`s try to be a little more positive and don`t feel so butthurt . maybe learn to spell the easy words better 1st >>legal not leagle << makes you look even more foolish idiot

Last edited by pete53; 09/12/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I stopped feeding trolls years ago.

But if you insist:

30-06/165 gr bullet @3000 fps = 2997 ft lb energy at the muzzle.

20", 535 gr arrow and broadhead weight @ 310 fps = 114 ft lb energy at the riser

Last deer I shot with a 30-06 was not recovered because it ran into a neighboring property. Which was a state animal preserve.

Last deer I shot with a crossbow, launched up on it's back legs, moved forward 6 steps, stiffened up, fell over.

Good shot placement for both.

Crossbow is more efficient.

Thanks for playing. Please come again.

Try that at 250 yards and tell me about efficiency! Try shooting 2 deer seconds apart and tell.me.about efficiency. If crossbows are the best thing since sliced bread, why haven't the bear guides hung up their big guns for cross bows ??

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

let`s try to be a little more positive and don`t feel so butthurt . maybe learn to spell the easy words better 1st >>legal not leagle << makes you look even more foolish idiot

More foolish than your stupid bet? Lmao

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

TRY AND BE A LITTLE MORE POSITIVE ,DOING THE TROLL THING ON YOUR KEYBOARD LOOKS FOOLISH.

Last edited by pete53; 09/12/23.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

TRY AND BE A LITTLE MORE POSITIVE ,DOING THE TROLL THING ON YOUR KEYBOARD LOOKS FOOLISH.

Ok boomer

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
dam I though the only idiot on here was in AK not north USA

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Congratulations!

I have a Kodak bow with an Excalibur micro limbs.

The trigger on the Kodak bow makes it for me 60 yard bow for elk, 50 for deer.

I need to try heavier bolts/ broadheads but I hate how the string deteriorates after shooting so I don’t shoot it much.

You can polish the latches, or send the trigger group in for warranty polishing.

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You still haven't answered: what, exactly, are you afraid of with crossbow becoming legal for everyone in MN?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,024 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,265
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.