Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Cashed my points in for a 4th season 80/81 tag this year. Does anyone have any pointers on a general part of the unit to start or focus on?
Thanks!

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Depends on the snow, if its snowed heavy by then look at the N, NE and East side of 80 or the south and SE end of 81. If it hasn't snowed much, your going to be hunting some high rough country for elk that have had the crap pressured out of them for two OTC seasons.....

Best of luck to you, if you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

Bill

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by tx270
Depends on the snow, if its snowed heavy by then look at the N, NE and East side of 80 or the south and SE end of 81. If it hasn't snowed much, your going to be hunting some high rough country for elk that have had the crap pressured out of them for two OTC seasons.....

Bill

He's hunting deer, Tex. Or he's in the wrong forum. By the 4th season they're going to be moving to winter range, snow or no snow. I'd probably look around Alamosa and La Jara Reservoirs.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Yes, hunting deer. Thanks for the thoughts. Thinking about taking advantage of the close proximity to some of the towns by looking at a VRBO, but I’m hoping to avoid booking something in on the north end to end up hunting the south end or vise versa.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef

Bill

He's hunting deer, Tex. Or he's in the wrong forum. By the 4th season they're going to be moving to winter range, snow or no snow. I'd probably look around Alamosa and La Jara Reservoirs.

Duh, I'm an idiot. Lol Yes for deer I would still look NE and E don't think its at all necessary to go as far east as Alamosa, the areas south of Del Norte and Monte Vista is where I'd be looking myself if I had that tag.

Bill

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef

Bill

Duh, I'm an idiot. Lol Yes for deer I would still look NE and E don't think its at all necessary to go as far east as Alamosa, the areas south of Del Norte and Monte Vista is where I'd be looking myself if I had that tag.

Bill

Alamosa RESERVOIR and La Jara RESERVOIR. No deer around Alamosa except at the golf course.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 41 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.