Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A sharp eyed buddy picked up my P365X today, for the first time. First time for that pistol, and also his first time shooting a handgun with a red dot. He rested over the back corner of his truck box and put 9 rounds into a group that a hickory nut would cover. 10th shot was maybe 1" left...

I managed to outshoot him when we both shot my Buckmark, but just barely.

He was playing with an XDS45, and shooting it like a bullseye gun

I accused him of practicing, and he confessed. He'd shot both of his XDs a fair bit last year, but had fiber optic sights put on both of them this spring and this was the first go with them since.
Naturals do exist...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I find that my XDS .45 ACP pistol is surprisingly accurate.

Sam......

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've hunted with this guy a bunch over the years, and have mostly seen him shoot shotguns or a rifle. This is only maybe the 2nd time we've shot handguns together.

First time was probably 40 years ago and he'd just inherited a Colt Woodsman from his maternal grandfather. I don't remember him shooting that as well as he was doing yesterday.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It goes the other way too.

On the job, I sometimes was left in charge of entertainment of company guests---in particular certain engineers and technicians who came over from Germany for various purposes. When the work was all complete I'd ask them if they'd like to go shooting, and none of them failed to respond in the affirmative within milliseconds of my asking. So, off to the range we would go. I'd take a selection of various types of rifles and handguns with plenty of ammo (all handloads) and let them have at it for several hours. Those guys ate it up!

On one occasion one of my favorite guests was shooting my XD40 and not enjoying it much. His 10-yard offhand group was pretty bad (he actually shot most everything else quite well) and he was disgusted with it. He thought there was something wrong with the gun so I loaded up a magazine with ten rounds or so and proceeded to check it out. I shot the ten rounds into less than two inches without much effort at all, and handed the gun back to him.

"There's nothing wrong with the gun, Markus."

I can still hear him saying "I do not like this gun," with that heavy German accent. He took it in stride and moved on to something else.

It might have been the trigger, or the sights, or just the shape of the grip...I don't know. I left the job to retire about six weeks ago, but when the guy comes back he's got an open invitation to get in touch with me, and we'll go do it again.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a brother in-law that is an armorer for a county sheriffs office.

Its no fun at all watching him shoot my pistols.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by johnw
A sharp eyed buddy picked up my P365X today, for the first time. First time for that pistol, and also his first time shooting a handgun with a red dot. He rested over the back corner of his truck box and put 9 rounds into a group that a hickory nut would cover. 10th shot was maybe 1" left...

I managed to outshoot him when we both shot my Buckmark, but just barely.

He was playing with an XDS45, and shooting it like a bullseye gun

I accused him of practicing, and he confessed. He'd shot both of his XDs a fair bit last year, but had fiber optic sights put on both of them this spring and this was the first go with them since.
Naturals do exist...
Yes, they do.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
my grandmother can shoot that good, -- it just takes her longer

speed matters.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not if you don't hit.....

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Etoh
my grandmother can shoot that good, -- it just takes her longer

speed matters.

I might make your grandmother look fast...

My only arthritic hope is that sneaky and aware works...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.