Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Is there someone fighting hard at the state level against the governors tyranny? I’m sure plenty of us would donate if we had first hand reports on where to send $$ that will actually help.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good question. Michigan has Michigan Gun Owners (MGO). They’ve been great with advancing concealed carry laws and pushing for Constitutional Carry but outside of that issue they’re not stellar IMO. I have no idea what NM has but I’d suspect that the money is better spent with GOA.

Good on you for bringing the topic up. If there’s a solid state level organization I’ll throw a few dollars at it.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Anyone from NM?

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/11/23.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think it will take much of a battle to eliminate that proclamation. A third grade debater could easily argue that in front of a judge.

1Minute
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
She is a witch. New Mexico Shooting Sports, www.nmssa.org does list some. GOA, Gun Owners of America, National Foundation for Gun Rights. Wish us luck. A few years back during the fauci flu she limited the number of people in the grocery store to 25. That lasted just a few days and got push back, politically bad idea. But she got reelected. Some real dumb people on welfare in this state.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by onehandgunner
She is a witch. New Mexico Shooting Sports, www.nmssa.org does list some. GOA, Gun Owners of America, National Foundation for Gun Rights. Wish us luck. A few years back during the fauci flu she limited the number of people in the grocery store to 25. That lasted just a few days and got push back, politically bad idea. But she got reelected. Some real dumb people on welfare in this state.
Understatement, at it's finest! laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by onehandgunner
Understatement, at it's finest! laugh

Yeah, NM has been fugged for awhile now.

The commies outnumber the conservatives greatly. And when a conservative rep gets elected, the gerrymander the district to oust them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
BTW, nmssa is affiliated with the NRA.
Statewide - I don't know where to send my $.
NRA Endowment Member - but they haven't seem my money for several years, now - and won't, given current conditions.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Mark Shubert, GOA ( www.gunowners.org ), I have been with them for quite a few years. I believe they have a law suit filed already. From what I hear NRA has not done anything other than some lip service. So you live in Vegas. I hate that town. 25+ years of in-laws.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, I sent GOA $25 last night. They have started legal proceedings to stop this nonsense. The governor's action is so egregious that the suit shouldn't take more than a couple of hours work from a junior member of their team to get it smacked down. Beyond being unconstitutional, both federal and state, it is unenforceable. Even her (D) DA and the county Sheriff have publicly announced that they would not enforce her edict.

MLG is in her 2nd term, which limits her out in a few more years, but she is in a pretty safe situation. This state has a history of electing governors of all political persuasions (remember Susanna Martinez (R), Gary Johnson (L) and Bill Richardson (D) ?) who were aided (or stymied) by an overwhelmingly Democrat legislature that does as it pleases and is usually veto-proof. It appears that this woman has an overabundance of ambition, with emphasis on the "bition", and the willingness to jump into a fight to curry favor with national and international sponsors.

Meanwhile, at least in this rural county, our Sheriff has honored his oath of office and the law-abiding citizens still have God-given rights.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My wife and I are members of GOA.
The pertinent question was concerning state-level organizations.

I'm also an Endowment Member of the NRA, and have been for many years.
When they started being quiet to silent - I quit sending them my $.
Again, quite a few years ago.

I still don't know of any state - level organizations that I want to support.

Like Border Doc, I firmly believe our mini-biotch wants to be VP on Gavin Newsome's platform.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
My wife and I are members of GOA.
The pertinent question was concerning state-level organizations.

I'm also an Endowment Member of the NRA, and have been for many years.
When they started being quiet to silent - I quit sending them my $.
Again, quite a few years ago.

I still don't know of any state - level organizations that I want to support.

Like Border Doc, I firmly believe our mini-biotch wants to be VP on Gavin Newsome's platform.

Those sumbitches are gonna push some wrong buttons one day.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm hoping she just did!
But, I doubt it!

In today's ABQ Journal, letters to the editor are heavily weighted against her, though.
Maybe there's hope.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (35, 10Glocks, arky65, afisher, Aviator, AnthonyB, 11 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,600
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.