Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I like rifles and I have an inquiring mind, so I like to try new rifles and cartridges even if they are redundant to rifles and cartridges that I already have experience with. I had a couple dozen rifles chambered in 256 Newton, 260, 6.5x55, and 6.5-284 before I bought my first 6.5 CM in 02/14, but I was curious to try it, so now I find myself with 18 of them.

My experience with the 6.5 CM on whitetails and coyotes has been the same as with all of the other cartridges that I shoot, put an expanding bullet into the lungs and the animals dies. IMO, the 6.5 CM's primary advantages over the other 6.5mm bore cartridges is the abundance of quality factory ammo, a particularly important consideration for the majority of hunters who aren't handloaders, and lots of relatively inexpensive and potentially accurate rifles chambered for it.

If you spent more time learning how to vote in a presidential election as you do screwing around with 6.5's we'd all be better off.

If DJT and JRB, Jr. are the candidates for POTUS in 2024 neither one of them will get my vote, just like they didn't in 2020.

GB1

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
aaaaaand, the thread is dead.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have no objection to change,
I have used a 6.5 x 55 swede for years. and have no interest in the 6.5 whatever.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 3dtestify
Originally Posted by EdM
Scope and rings await install on my recently acquired Goen’s 6.5x55. First rifle in that diameter for me. On the topic, shoot whatever the hell you want.
What scope and rings/bases have you decided to mount?

I am going to try and see if a Zeiss Diatal-C 6x32 will work. Mounts are Talley single screw QD's.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like rifles and I have an inquiring mind, so I like to try new rifles and cartridges even if they are redundant to rifles and cartridges that I already have experience with. I had a couple dozen rifles chambered in 256 Newton, 260, 6.5x55, and 6.5-284 before I bought my first 6.5 CM in 02/14, but I was curious to try it, so now I find myself with 18 of them.

My experience with the 6.5 CM on whitetails and coyotes has been the same as with all of the other cartridges that I shoot, put an expanding bullet into the lungs and the animals dies. IMO, the 6.5 CM's primary advantages over the other 6.5mm bore cartridges is the abundance of quality factory ammo, a particularly important consideration for the majority of hunters who aren't handloaders, and lots of relatively inexpensive and potentially accurate rifles chambered for it.

If you spent more time learning how to vote in a presidential election as you do screwing around with 6.5's we'd all be better off.

If DJT and JRB, Jr. are the candidates for POTUS in 2024 neither one of them will get my vote, just like they didn't in 2020.
And you will therefor be helping the "other" party get elected.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Counting on a fair election?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM

Counting on a fair election?

Not necessarily,

But overwhelming numbers are harder to overwhelm.

And should there be a repeat of the last election, blinders will come off more and more people.

Voting for a third party, or not voting, is just playing into their hand.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Even a dumbass can collect rifles!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Even a dumbass can collect rifles!!

Until the other party (D) has been elected too many times in row.

And I'm not so sure about the R party anymore, not since before Reagan. He and Brady getting shot didn't help anything either. Bush and his Patriot Act, and a few others make me wish there was an alternative. Until this country can get changed from a 2 party system, there will be no alternative than to hold my nose and vote for the least objectionable.

In it is contentment

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back onto 6.5.
It will stick around. Popularity might slow down a bit but it’s staying.
Simply Too many benefits to it.
My best friend just got a tikka T3x SS for his 12 year old son for deer and elk. He wanted a rifle that doesn’t kick a lot but can accomplish both.
Here are the options I gave him.
- 243 smallest caliber for elk alowed in OR, least recoil, best deer cartridge out there. Can be used on varmint
- 6.5 CM every thing Ron said in the video.
- 7-08 better elk cartridge . More Expensive unless you reload. Which he doesn’t.
- 308. Proven, Cheap surplus ammo, more recoil.

Last edited by Dre; 09/12/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I actually don't think the 6.5 Creedmoor's "popularity" is slowing down a bit. Instead so many have been sold there's not as much demand left.

Also don't see many rifle companies dropping it as a chambering.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I actually don't think the 6.5 Creedmoor's "popularity" is slowing down a bit. Instead so many have been sold there's not as much demand left.

Makes sense to me.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Shades of the "7-Mag". I remember when we had trouble keeping them in stock.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Dont reply much to these threads but will say I have a 6.5 CM and love it. I seriously doubt if any of the negatives have one. If so, they did not do much work with it if they dont like it.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Bobcat85
Dont reply much to these threads but will say I have a 6.5 CM and love it. I seriously doubt if any of the negatives have one. If so, they did not do much work with it if they dont like it.

In my experience most of the "negatives" have never fired one....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Stammster
I put the 6.5 Creedmoor in the same category as the 243 Win. A great round for women and kids.

True, and laughable at the same time.

Funny how those women and kids seem to kill just fine with the Creedmoor, yet big burly men need their larger cartridges to do so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It ain't like a six five at 2700fps is anything new.

And that's all that matters, you know?

Please don't bother telling me about shoulder degrees, case capacity, duration of inflammation.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shoot or actually shot sierra 85gr HPs @3600 fps a good varmint load, when I wanted a bit better BC for target I use Sierra 107s it offers a good balance between BC and weight and still maintain a decent FPS I am not going to use my high velocity rifles for shooting paper.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Well the 30-06 has been around for 3-4 generations and is still good to kill anything in North America. The 308 came out in the mid-50's and it became a great cartridge. Now 60-100 years later the 6.5 is supposed to be better. ... What does the Creedmore do, give you maybe 50 more yards of effective range. 99% of hunting is under 250 yards. Over than you need braces to hold steady enough to shoot something or shoot prone.

I know the CM is a more-efficient cartridge, with less recoil, or whatever, but its effective range is nowhere near that of a good .308 or 30-06 cartridge/bullet combo, is it? It just recoils a lot less, right?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have reloaded for every big game rifle I've ever owned. My wife and I are coming up on our 26th deer season together this year. She has watched me fussing to find "the best load" with all the earlier rifles. 5 years ago I bought a 6.5 CM. The very first load I tried shot bug hole groups. When my lovely bride saw that she declared it was "her rifle". She put 3 deer in the freezer before it became my turn...

I have a friend that also bought one.... same results. I know that is only a sample of 2 but I really enjoy the round. I guess the only downside is that I kind of missed the "working up the best load" part. cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 21, 1234, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,399
Posts18,527,916
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.