Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The fact that Blu didn’t respond to you all’s ridicule is a testament to his character. Believe him when he says he knows thirty seals. Some very high profile people hunt his place. Security is a high priority and they use the best they can find. Probably acquainted with more than that. Those are just the ones he knows personally.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by RIO7
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7

LOL

The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY???

C'mon man, seriously?

I'm pretty sure this is legit. Rio hosts hunts on his extensive ranch for disabled vets amongst others.

If true, I apologize for giving you schidt, Rio.

And I also commend you for doing that for our vets.

Good on you Rooster. Seems like a few others should man up and do the same.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
He was a good man. Delivered my first son, while wearing cowboy boots and blue jeans.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I worked for an FCCS/E8 on my first ship. He’d gotten broken up somehow and couldn’t continue being a SEAL. He was small guy, probably 5’6” and 150 pounds. Would do the PRT push-ups on one arm. Never learned any specifics of what or where he did his time while with them. He was a seriously squared away and professional guy. Later I learned he’d got commissioned. I don’t if it was in the regular navy or as a limited duty officer.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by RIO7
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7

LOL

The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY???

C'mon man, seriously?

I'm pretty sure this is legit. Rio hosts hunts on his extensive ranch for disabled vets amongst others.
If true, I apologize for giving you schidt, Rio. And I also commend you for doing that for our vets.
Good man, Rooster - this speaks so highly of you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have met a few while down at RIO7's place during hunting season. Some of that time, Ed too many letters was there too. I don't have a count but several. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Don't know any seals,my oldest is a green beret. He is an all around solid humble dude, loves his mother, loves his dog, good example and mentor for his younger siblings. He is an incredible shot and a skilled operator.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My buddy James, y'all may have seen pics of him from years back when he hunted Nilgia with Doc and me. he was a green beret in the Gulf Wars. We went to school together, built hotrods, etc.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm heading to Kokomo In. tomorrow for a huge Vietnam Vets reunion. Almost every reunion since 2011 I've met some Navy Seals that are still classified and can't talk about what they have done along with Rangers, and the Green Berets . No Deltas yet.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by renegade50
No Seals...
But have served with plenty of cats that went onto SF and Delta...

Question - would those running selection have been required to pass selection? I worked with a guy, Major who was a Ranger and he was the first guy I ever met to really harp on the difference between being "Ranger Qualified" and being in a battalion. Claimed to have been an officer that oversaw parts of selection. Always wondered about it.

Yes, there's a difference between the two.

Frog-----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I know one green beret. Have never met any seals

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I do…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
No Seals...
But have served with plenty of cats that went onto SF and Delta...

Question - would those running selection have been required to pass selection? I worked with a guy, Major who was a Ranger and he was the first guy I ever met to really harp on the difference between being "Ranger Qualified" and being in a battalion. Claimed to have been an officer that oversaw parts of selection. Always wondered about it.
Of course they would have had to been qualified with time and experience to be a instructor.
Whether it be in batt or line dog unit world.
I was just a line dog 11B and was not a tab wearer.
But also had plenty of Identifiers for me to stand up and instruct and not fake the funk.
Screwed me with alot of responsibilities at times others in same pay grade never got tasked with.
But also made alot of connections from it all also.
Don't regret a minute of it.
I never blended comfortably into the background.

You weren't "just a line dog". You were the backbone of the Army. Also known as a leader of good men. I'll take 100 of your kind to one tab. Just my take on it all.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know any, but have met a few. There is a Seal coldwater training detachment in Kodiak. You drive past it going out to the Kodiak dump. They used to come work out at our CG Gym.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Two - one I ‘knew’ a little better than the other.

One was my buddies neighbor. Vietnam era. Multiple tours. He had POW plates. He raised Flemish Giant rabbits and was also certified Bird Of Prey recovery person. Whatever that’s called. Never spoke to him about his service at all, but I did buy a rabbit off him. I asked once about his service and made it clear he did not want to talk about it. Then the next time I saw him, he offered me a book to read called Devils With Green Faces. There was a picture of him in it, with another soldier, and they were holding up a dead VC’s head much like you would raise a trophy bucks for a snapshot. He was an odd bird. We had a love of rabbits in common.

Other was my knife service guy, for like literally 30 years. Every restaurant from Boston north that I worked at, I used his service. So I’d see him at work every other week during that stretch when he was working his route. Great guy. Incredibly affable. Little Italian. Did a lot of tunnel work in Vietnam, I guess. Cambodia. All over that mess. Multiple tours. I asked him about the book the other ex SEAL had given me to read, and he said he knew him.

Once, when he was coming through the kitchen grabbing our knives, I was im the process of cleaning soft shell crabs and he exclaimed “holy schitt, you’re skinning him alive!” And I chuckled mirthfully and responded “well I bet you’ve seen that before”….

There was a lonnng awkward silence and he very quietly said. “Yes. Yes I have.” He did not say another word that day, which was unusual. Just silently went about replacing all the knives and slipped out without saying goodbye. I felt bad about it.

Another time, he came through for the knives and I was in the midst of throwing a tirade at my staff for burning a large quantity of pine nuts. I was pounding my fist on the table berating my sous chef over the burned nuts and saying how I hated the smell of burning nuts because it smelled like burning money. I screamed a rhetorical question at my sous chef - “can you think of anything that smells worse than burning nuts?!!!”, my knife guy quietly said “i can. A big pile of burning bodies.”

That was another awkward silence and quiet exit day.

He’s retired now chilling with his family. I miss seeing him.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 09/12/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a neighbor who was a few years older than me.

He joined the Navy in '64.

Saw him years later and asked him about his service in 'Nam and if he was a Seal.

All He would say was he was in special forces.

I told him I'd never heard if he had made it back, and he said he knew "X" amount of them didn't.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does Underwater Demolition Team members AKA "Frogmen" count? Once in a while, early sixties, we'd see some of them after they had cleared the beaches during landing exercises or having a few beers in the service clubs. I don't think they had evolved into what the Seals are today but I believe most of us considered them as capable of handling higher risk, tougher jobs then we ever even considered. Best I recall most of them were "lifers" and a little or in some cases a lot older than us. On liberty they seemed like pretty low key, easy going guys.

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good friend of mine, hunting and fishing buddy was in Marine Recon Battalion and his brother was a SEAL. They both told some good stories but at a point, when I continued to ask question of the SEAL he said I can't tell you anymore.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.