Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Which organization gives more bang for the buck?
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Why do you feel the need to choose one over he other?

Both, maybe, just a thought.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The answer is both

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
GOA also has a foundation. Donations to their foundation are tax deductible. Donations to the GOA are not.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tried NRA. Mailbox filled up with unwanted solicitations and junk mail. Dropped the NRA.

Tried SAF. Mailbox filled up with unwanted solicitations and junk mail. Dropped SAF.

Tried JPOFA. See 1& 2 above!

Haven't tried GOA. Prolly won't!
There's another gun owners, pro 2A outfit out there. Prolly won't try them either.

Despise junk mail and solicitations. If I have money to give, I'll give it. You don't have to ask.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SAF and FPC.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hotsoup
GOA also has a foundation. Donations to their foundation are tax deductible. Donations to the GOA are not.

Good thinking.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
From what I have seen here in Oklahoma, GOA is more National fight and law suits, 2A seems to be at the state’s capitol doing there protests and lawsuits, maybe I’m wrong .

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hmm.

I investigated both the GOA and 2A before deciding which one to join. "Seems to be at the state capitol" is not an accurate assessment of the 2A organization. They use their money to battle unconstitutional laws in court.

They also have a lower amount spent per staff/administrative postion than GOA. Which is why I became a life member of the Second Amendment Foundation a couple years ago, and contribute every year--usually more than once. (Which reminds me: Need to send another check for their latest court battle.)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was told at a 2A meeting in western Ok. By the rep. That one of the top lawyers for 2A is at the state capitol every day, and believes it makes a Hugh difference, I didn’t join 2A but belong to GOA .

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Tried NRA. Mailbox filled up with unwanted solicitations and junk mail. Dropped the NRA.

Tried SAF. Mailbox filled up with unwanted solicitations and junk mail. Dropped SAF.

There's another gun owners, pro 2A outfit out there. Prolly won't try them either.

Despise junk mail and solicitations. If I have money to give, I'll give it. You don't have to ask.
I very rarely receive any junk mail at all from GOA. It’s night and day different than the NRA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

I very rarely receive any junk mail at all from GOA. It’s night and day different than the NRA.

Right now, in today's "Bidenomics", we're doing good to make it payday to payday.
Last time by the gas station, diesel was $4.099/gal. Nonethanol gas was $4.399/gal.
Trying to make it to see my sister once a week at the nursing home is a 70+ mile round trip.
We live in the country. We drive pickups. It just keeps getting tougher and tougher.
Got a little side gig going, but it hasn't kicked in yet....and may not!
Hot dry summer and I was doing good to keep my bees alive, much less collect any honey.

It's been rough.

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hmm.

I investigated both the GOA and 2A before deciding which one to join. "Seems to be at the state capitol" is not an accurate assessment of the 2A organization. They use their money to battle unconstitutional laws in court.

They also have a lower amount spent per staff/administrative postion than GOA. Which is why I became a life member of the Second Amendment Foundation a couple years ago, and contribute every year--usually more than once. (Which reminds me: Need to send another check for their latest court battle.)
Thanks John.
That's what I was looking for.
I'm trying to avoid another Wayne.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It seems to me that 2AF works more in the court system than anything else, and that is not a criticism. GOA does a lot more work at the grassroots level and helps to get the constituents' voices in the politicians' ears.

I think they make a pretty good pair.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GOA and SAF Both.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RiverRider
It seems to me that 2AF works more in the court system than anything else, and that is not a criticism. GOA does a lot more work at the grassroots level and helps to get the constituents' voices in the politicians' ears.

Stopping anti gun legislation before it becomes law is most important. My guess it’s less costly to lobby a politician than it is to litigate bad laws in court.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Both and state R&P association

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (2500HD, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 52 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,781
Posts18,515,729
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.