Print Thread
Hop To
P
PWN Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I hunted near Oxfordshire England from August 1 through the 4th. The hunt was organized by Mike Taylor Sporting and I was guided by a local fellow Dave Hawley. Mike did a fantastic job on organizing the hunt for me. My girlfriend and I had toured London for 5 days prior to the hunt. Mike organized a car to pick us up at our hotel in London and transfer us to the Inn at Emmington for the hunt portion of my trip and then from the Inn back to Heathrow for our flight out. The car was a luxury Mercedes, and the driver wore a suit and ties. First class transport. Mick also set up our lodging and a loaner rifle.

Dave let me use his personal rifle, A Schultz and Larson in 6.5x55 loaded with his handloads. The rifle was scoped with a Swarovski fixed 8 power. The rifle was beautiful, and I hated to have had to carry for 3 rainy days during our hunt. I took the first cull buck on the first morning. Dave called the buck up to about 80 yards and I center punched the onside should when the buck turned. The second buck was taken that same day in the evening and nearly ran up into our laps. The third buck presented us with a great stalk while he was occupied with a doe. The first shot was about 200 yards. I hit the buck above the spine, and he collapsed, but recovered and required a second finisher which went through his ears as I tried for a head shot. The third shot finished the buck with a proper shoulder shot. I was not proud of my shooting, but happy to have taken a good representative buck. I have wanted to hunt Roe for more than a few years and was thrilled to get to do this hunt, experience English hunting culture and take 3 deer on this trip. Plus, I saw a ton on Muntjac, Chinese Water Deer, and a couple of foxes. Based on the number of pheasant and pigeons I saw wing shooting would be very good in that area also.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by PWN; 08/05/23.
GB1

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Beautiful bucks! I’ve wanted to hunt Roe Bucks for a long time too, one day.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done! A hunt like that is rapidly moving up on my bucket list! Very cool.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Very cool,
did you get to try the meat after harvest?
And did you get to bring home the trophies ?
First one would make a great mount.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Beautiful! Roe deer are on my bucket list for sure!

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like a fun hunt. Congrats!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Very nice! I had never given much thought to hunting the times I was there but I think next time I go back I’d like to hunt Scotland for sure and England most likely. It’s altogether a different experience than what I’m used to.

I find the little things interesting like the fact that there’s no rifle in the pictures. We always photograph ourselves with our trusty tool of the trade.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.