Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
New Mexico Criminals Excited To Hear No One Will Be Armed For Entire Month
GUNS
·
Sep 9, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

NEW MEXICO — Criminals across New Mexico were ecstatic to hear from Governor Grisham today that no one in the state would be armed for an entire month.

"Oh, sweet!" said local carjacker Jeff Diggs. "It's so stressful wondering if your next victim could be packing. Gosh, that's such a weight off!"

New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham made the announcement yesterday in a press conference, to resounding cheers from criminals across the state. "I just want every thief in our great state to know they have nothing to fear," said Governor Grisham. "We're delivering bold leadership on crime, and making a statement to the nation. That statement is this: For the next month, criminals in New Mexico can rob and assault anyone with absolute impunity."

Organized crime rings broke out in applause and slapped high-fives, ecstatic about the news. "Man, I'm getting tears in my eyes," said Albuquerque gangster Sean Rogers. "What a relief, knowing we're the only ones with the guns. This is going to be amazing."

At publishing time, Governor Grisham had announced to further cheers that she would also be taking away guns from the police.

Please don't feed the trolls!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-mexicos-most-populous-county-180535430.html

Bernalillo County sheriff "FINALLY" comes to his senses!
WILL NOT enforce Lujan-Grisham's anti 2A insanity.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-mexicos-most-populous-county-180535430.html

Bernalillo County sheriff "FINALLY" comes to his senses!
WILL NOT enforce Lujan-Grisham's anti 2A insanity.
She said from the start that it would have to be enforced by the state police, I'd like to hear what their boss has to say about it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

...to see if your Constitution still matters in the least.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The District Attorney of Albuquerque, NM has said he won’t enforce the unconstitutional order by New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham. The DA was appointed by her earlier this year, so this comes as a shock as she expected him to comply.

Even democrats realize that an order like this is unconstitutional. The Governor claimed it has nothing to do with the constitution, but also said “the Constitution is not absolute.”

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Repeat... This is a Rosa Parks moment for someone...

Get after it... or STFU when more of your rights are stolen...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Repeat... This is a Rosa Parks moment for someone...

Get after it... or STFU when more of your rights are stolen...

Uhhmmm..... you screw with ANY of my God given, Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms (rights?) and I'm going to speak up.
Rosa Parks was right, as were the Woolworth's Five.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Eric308
Didn't at one time you have to check your smoke wagons in Laramie, Cheyenne, Tombstone, Abilene, Dodge City, etc. and other bastions of Bolshevism? Shocked the Republic survived as long as it has.

Was that Constitutional at that time? Ever tested in a Federal court?

Let's not forget, it certainly was pre-Bruen, the case that will have positive repercussions for decades.
I'm 52, and I'm sure I'll live to see Bruen mentioned in the same breath as Dred Scott.
In other words, you believe it wasn't an unconstitutional infringement then, or now, or at some future time in your lifetime?

For folks like you, and I know you don't like it, there's a process to change the Constitution.

Decrees by govt officials is not that method.

Look it up if you're unsure of how to go about it. It's not easy, and that was intentional.

Like button

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Didn't at one time you have to check your smoke wagons in Laramie, Cheyenne, Tombstone, Abilene, Dodge City, etc. and other bastions of Bolshevism? Shocked the Republic survived as long as it has.

Let's not forget, it certainly was pre-Bruen, the case that will have positive repercussions for decades.
I'm 52, and I'm sure I'll live to see Bruen mentioned in the same breath as Dred Scott.
In other words, you believe it wasn't an unconstitutional infringement then, or now, or at some future time in your lifetime?

For folks like you, and I know you don't like it, there's a process to change the Constitution.

Look it up if you're unsure of how to go about it. It's not easy, and that was intentional.

Like button

Cuts to the quick with kindness.
Lol

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by tzone

Like button

Cuts to the quick with kindness.
Lol

Without scrolling back a few pages, I'm betting there was no reply?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When David Hogg says you can't take their guns away, you know you phugged up

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wouldn't it be ironic if the crime levels dropped because all the people normally not carrying in Albuquerque and surrounding areas were all seen going strapped.

Of course the Gov would say it's because of her order and she'd be correct, just not in the was she means.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
Wouldn't it be ironic if the crime levels dropped because all the people normally not carrying in Albuquerque and surrounding areas were all seen going strapped.

Of course the Gov would say it's because of her order and she'd be correct, just not in the was she means.
Unintended consequences.

They're not all bad.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
New Mex AG just left the Gov swinging in the wind.

https://twitter.com/BrittanyKOB/status/1701664688902398036

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the response from San Juan County Sheriff Shane Ferrari, who is also the Chairman of the New Mexico Sheriffs' Association:

San Juan County,
In response to recent gun homicides our state has witnessed, New Mexico Governor Lujan Grisham issued an executive order declaring gun violence a public health emergency. Another executive health order was declared in response to our illicit drugs crisis.
Most importantly, I extend my deepest condolences to the families of these precious lives. It pains me to see how quickly our focus shifts from love and support for a grieving family to divisive arguments. Please forgive us as we try to find solutions to these senseless tragedies while preserving our freedoms. We mean no disrespect. My thoughts and prayers are with your families. I also pray for the brave dedicated law enforcement officers who are tirelessly working to find the evil persons responsible. God be with you.
After the Governor’s press conference, I was asked for my views on the orders. (Beyond being your San Juan Co. Sheriff, I also serve as Chairman of the New Mexico Sheriffs’ Association and the New Mexico Sheriffs’ Affiliate). I gave the following response.
“The New Mexico Sheriffs' Association understands the struggle Albuquerque and Bernalillo County face regarding violent crime. Many rural New Mexico counties are impacted by big city crime spilling over into our communities. The NMSA does not support the Governor's temporary suspension of legal concealed carry and open carry firearms. This will directly impact law abiding citizens. Criminals do not possess concealed carry licenses, nor do they open carry firearms. This proposal is a violation of Article II of the New Mexico Constitution that states in the first sentence; No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense. The Albuquerque area still faces a shortage of law enforcement officers and crime is rampant. We fear announcing to criminals that citizens in the public will no longer have the ability to defend themselves will have a catastrophic effect.”
We support the Governor's efforts in combating the State of New Mexico's illicit drug epidemic. We suggest the Governor's plan include strengthening our border security with Mexico where deadly fentanyl enters New Mexico and the United States. We cannot continue to ignore that fact regardless of one's political views.
Every person has a natural right to defend themselves. This right must remain solid during a time when law enforcement agencies are under-staffed and cannot be there to protect our citizens, when criminals have more rights than citizens, when criminals no longer fear justice, and judges aren’t given the authority to keep criminals off the street.
We all agree criminals shouldn’t have guns, but they do and they will. They’re criminals they don’t follow laws. Disarming the citizens will not stop criminals from possessing guns. Criminals need to be held accountable. They are not the victims.
Gun owners can do their part to keep guns away from criminals and others safe. Keep your guns secure. If you have little ones: always keep your gun next to you, lock them up and/or keep them unloaded, educate your children on gun safety. If you do not have children: lock your door when you leave your house, make sure guns aren’t visible from the outside, consider locking them up while you’re away. Please don’t leave them unattended in your vehicle. Take a firearms class: familiarize yourself with your gun, know the legal parameters on how & when to use it.
In the end we all want a safe and free New Mexico. May we never consider trading our freedoms for the lack of a criminal’s accountability. Both sides need to respectfully come to the fence in a united effort to find solutions. This is not a singular issue.
There are many issues that have got us to this point. Focusing on just one is not going to get us anywhere.
Thank you for your time and support,
Sheriff R. Shane Ferrari
San Juan Co., N.M.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Sock

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A bunch of those liberal MFr's have jumped on the bandwagon of condemning the governor for her stupid ass move now...

They jumped on that bandwagon because the political winds didn't favor her.

If the stupid bitch had been met with mass approval, 3/4 of those idiots condemning her would have been praising her instead.

Politicians are the lowest form of horseshit there is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Plus 1-----Rio7

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn that bitch is stupid!!

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,590
Posts18,511,130
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.