Home
Apologies to Slum.

New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police and licensed security guards are exempt from the temporary ban.

The order calls for “civil administrative penalties availably by law” that include a fine of up to $5,000, said Caroline Sweeney, a spokeswoman for the governor.

People with concealed carry permits are still allowed transport guns to some private locations such as a gun range or gun store — provided that the firearm has a trigger lock or some other container or mechanism that makes it impossible to discharge, under terms of the order.

Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”

“I welcome the debate and fight about how to make New Mexicans safer,” she said at a news conference, flanked by leading law enforcement officials, including the district attorney for the Albuquerque area.

Lujan Grisham referenced several recent shootings in Albuquerque. Among them was a road rage shooting Wednesday outside a minor league baseball stadium that killed 11-year-old Froyland Villegas and critically wounded a woman as their vehicle was peppered with bullets while crowds departed an evening game.

Last month 5-year-old Galilea Samaniego was fatally shot while asleep in a motor home. Four teens entered the mobile home community in two stolen vehicles just before 6 a.m. on Aug. 13 and opened fire on the trailer, according to police. The girl was struck in the head and later died at a hospital.

The governor also cited the August shooting death in Taos County of 13-year-old Amber Archuleta. A 14-year-old boy shot and killed the girl with his father’s gun while they were at his home.

The top-ranked Republican in the state Senate denounced the decision to restrict guns in the face of violent crime.

““A child is murdered, the perpetrator is still on the loose, and what does the governor do? She ... targets law-abiding citizens with an unconstitutional gun order,” said Sen. Greg Baca of Belen.

Since 2019, Lujan Grisham has signed a raft of legislation that restricts access to guns, including a 2020 “red flag” law that allows police or sheriff’s deputies to ask a court to temporarily take away guns from people who might hurt themselves or others, an extension of background-check requirements to nearly all private gun sales and a ban on firearms possession for people under permanent protective orders for domestic violence.
No mention if any of those killed or wounded were shot by concealed carry citizens....
Shades of Chicongo..
Vote women into Governorships, this is what happens.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
No mention if any of those killed or wounded were shot by concealed carry citizens....

You know the answer.
Sign me up as Judge and submit a request for a permanent restraining order.

I'll sign it in a hot second.
Time for a Harvey Milk impeachment!
The Rats never give up they probably don't sleep trying to find a way to disarm America.
How stupid can she be? The only ones likely to obey the order are law-abiding citizens. The criminals will not. Does she really not understand that? crazy
Originally Posted by Tarquin
How stupid can she be? The only ones likely to obey the order are law-abiding citizens. The criminals will not. Does she really not understand that? crazy

Those law-abiding citizens aren't voting for her anyway.
New Marxico ..

They’ve owned it for Decades..
Governor thinks she has the Power ? She can't even order the U.S. flag to half staff.

Jurisdiction people. Jurisdiction.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

They never stop.
People with concealed carry permits are still allowed transport guns to some private locations such as a gun range or gun store — provided that the firearm has a trigger lock or some other container or mechanism that makes it impossible to discharge,
I assume the good people of New Mexico will ignore her nazi ass
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
People with concealed carry permits are still allowed transport guns to some private locations such as a gun range or gun store — provided that the firearm has a trigger lock or some other container or mechanism that makes it impossible to discharge,

LOLOLOLOL
Any New Mexican citizens going to challenge that unconstitutional order?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

I won’t be altering my routine
They should have just placed a ban on homicide.
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Sure.
Originally Posted by Raferman

Sure.

Right

Sure.

Right
Happy camper said you were obese anyway.
Lol
How about if we just suspend the people who are doing the shootings. Call a spade a spade or a spic a spic. If the roof on my house is leaking when it rains, do I blame the rain................no, I blame the hole in the roof.

Sure.

Right
Happy camper said you were obese anyway.
Lol

That’s part of the plan

CC under the fat folds
You can't fix stupid. That's what it boils down to. Bad guys are shooting people, so good guys can't carry guns. How dumb is that?
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
You can't fix stupid. That's what it boils down to. Bad guys are shooting people, so good guys can't carry guns. How dumb is that?

Sounds like somebody is angling for a VP pick if comrade Joe doesn't run
WRONG! Vote DEMOCRAT and this is what happens!
Accepting COVID Dictates Has Consequences – New Mexico Democrat Governor Now Uses Same “Public Health Emergency” To Ban Firearms

This, THIS RIGHT THE F**K HERE, is exactly what you, me, and everyone with a logical brain was talking about back in 2020 and 2021 when the various state governors were using “Public Health Emergency” declarations to rule by unilateral fiat and remove constitutional and legislatively enacted rights.

THIS STORY, happening right now in Alburquerque, is a direct and specific outcome of NOT PUSHING BACK in ’20/’21 and allowing governors to take control without legislative approvals. The governor has just declared gun possession unlawful, under the auspices of a Public Health Emergency.”

Folks, they are testing the waters, and there needs to be an immediate lawsuit and injunction.

Do not be naive enough to think this is not being coordinated with the people in control of the White House. There is ZERO chance this is an independent decision by the New Mexico governor, ZERO CHANCE.

Now…. Connect the dots. YESTERDAY

White House – […] “The actions of persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13224 of September 23, 2001, as amended, and the measures adopted to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 23, 2023. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism declared in Executive Order 13224, as amended.”

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

Hat Tip: Sundance

When they make CCW a "Hate Crime", we are really screwed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Accepting COVID Dictates Has Consequences – New Mexico Democrat Governor Now Uses Same “Public Health Emergency” To Ban Firearms

This, THIS RIGHT THE F**K HERE, is exactly what you, me, and everyone with a logical brain was talking about back in 2020 and 2021 when the various state governors were using “Public Health Emergency” declarations to rule by unilateral fiat and remove constitutional and legislatively enacted rights.

THIS STORY, happening right now in Alburquerque, is a direct and specific outcome of NOT PUSHING BACK in ’20/’21 and allowing governors to take control without legislative approvals. The governor has just declared gun possession unlawful, under the auspices of a Public Health Emergency.”

Folks, they are testing the waters, and there needs to be an immediate lawsuit and injunction.

Do not be naive enough to think this is not being coordinated with the people in control of the White House. There is ZERO chance this is an independent decision by the New Mexico governor, ZERO CHANCE.

Now…. Connect the dots. YESTERDAY

White House – […] “The actions of persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13224 of September 23, 2001, as amended, and the measures adopted to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 23, 2023. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism declared in Executive Order 13224, as amended.”

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...public-health-emergency-to-ban-firearms/

When they make CCW a "Hate Crime", we are really screwed.

+1
Seems we've taken to electing kings and queens.

Do any of those folks still promise to defend and honor our constitution?
Originally Posted by justin10mm

I know, right. If only there was a law on the books making murder illegal, that'd stop 'em. wink
Originally Posted by 1minute

No

Promises are like pie crusts, made to be broken.
Quite a radical proclamation

I would think her actions would provoke certain segment of citizens of the state

Those who, unlike her, obey and support the NM Constitution as well as the United States Constitution

There’s some crazies out there that might may snap.

Praying 🙏 she has good security
Testing the waters.

Woman Politician
Democrat Woman Politician.

yes she can be that stupid.

Play for the VP slot in 24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Testing the waters.

Yup. And if it's allowed to fly, the next "emergency order" will come from the Feds. Then things really get interesting.

And why don't they want us to have guns now? Why now?

Couldn't be because of upcoming elections and related shenanigan could it? Or planned Trump imprisonment?

Put your helmets on.

Timing is everything........
She should be removed immediately for breaking her oath of office to the constitution. Where is the Sheriff ?
Absolutely. Politicians are never held accountable for breaking the law. This is a problem.
and those cops that want our support, that 'thin blue line', what will they do about this order? My guess is arrest or shoot you if you don't comply.
Other governors will be taking note.

When you take an oath….
She calls it a 'temporary' ban. What a joke that is. If she's not shot down immediately, it'll be extended, re-extended, then permanent. That will quickly be followed by confiscation.
some of these gun issues can be solved by actually cracking down on crime. some call it good police work, some call it profiling. if police departments of quit being so politically correct and actually get out bust some ass and do their job some of this would get under control.
Let the lawsuits begin.........
How'd she get elected?
Testing the waters.

Man-O-Man that is right!

Who will answer her call?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She calls it a 'temporary' ban. What a joke that is. If she's not shot down immediately, it'll be extended, re-extended, then permanent. That will quickly be followed by confiscation.

30 days to flatten your rights.
Wonder how long it will be before some low life proves her ban on carrying firearms doesn’t work…
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Testing the waters.

Man-O-Man that is right!

Who will answer her call?
LOL , chipsNdips , honey hand me another pepsi
Take a listen to the Gov try and justify this BS. She can't connect suspension of a enumerated right with the crime issues. It's all about 'sending a message'.

https://twitter.com/beauhightowerdn/status/1700288222734020921
Is someone from N.M. going to start a thread - ''looking for members to get gun owners against the governor'' ? <REAL WORLD not typing online.....

I bet every NM resident on here will come running - ready to stand up for the 2-A, waiting - - - - - -? LOL
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Is someone from N.M. going to start a thread - ''looking for members to get gun owners against the governor'' ? <REAL WORLD not typing online.....

I bet every NM resident on here will come running - ready to stand up for the 2-A, waiting - - - - - -? LOL

How about just defying the order and getting a court to slap her back to the stone age, first.
Originally Posted by Steve

How about just defying the order and getting a court to slap her back to the stone age, first.
How about we get off of our butts and start showing them we're about done talking.
Sundance on Conservative Treehouse lays this out very well this morning. She says the legal precedent for Gov Grisham's order has been set with 'emergency orders for public safety' during the covid clusterf...k. We shall see how the challenges play out in court, but in a solid Dem state, I don't foresee any great refusal to comply from the county Sheriffs. Protect the pension.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Sundance on Conservative Treehouse lays this out very well this morning. She says the legal precedent for Gov Grisham's order has been set with 'emergency orders for public safety' during the covid clusterf...k. We shall see how the challenges play out in court, but in a solid Dem state, I don't foresee any great refusal to comply from the county Sheriffs. Protect the pension.

Exactly what I was wondering,, which of the ""Law Enforcement"" agencies have sent word to the Governor that they will absolutely NOT enforce her UN-Constitutional BS ??
NM State Police??
County Sheriff's ??
Local PD's ??
The Tiny Tyrant needs to be ran over by a bus.

This all political theater. The Albuquerque mayor is a dumb ass embarrassing her. It’s no coincidence she did this the week before Bill Richardson’s funeral next week when a bunch of international politicians/dignitaries will be in NM along with a lot of media coverage.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and those cops that want our support, that 'thin blue line', what will they do about this order? My guess is arrest or shoot you if you don't comply.

Oh I`m sure one of the many "good cops" we hear so much about already have HER in handcuffs...
Sundance on Conservative Treehouse lays this out very well this morning......

Too bad you didn't bother to read the previous posts in this thread.
This was already taken to the Courts. Hurricanes. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas(?) New Jersey.

They lost. You can't Suspend an American Civil Right because of a local "emergency". Governor's do not have that power.
Testing the waters.

Yup. And if it's allowed to fly, the next "emergency order" will come from the Feds. Then things really get interesting.

Couldn't be because of upcoming elections and related shenanigan could it? Or planned Trump imprisonment?

Put your helmets on.

Stupid phugs. You don't suspend the Constitution.
There are some statements that are just so stupid that they defy any logical answer.
This is just one.

Liberalism pushes the envelope of "sociopath".

....and "NO!", the left will NEVER give up on disarming all Americans.
Testing the waters.

Put your helmets on.

Absolutely you do. The Constitution is a piece of paper that has failed to protect our rights or restrain and contain government. It’s been suspended in a hundred different ways than this.

Is this enough to make people realize where we actually are? Maybe.
Lousy Lee from Tennessee just committed political suicide by supporting a red flag law that the legislature soundly defeated in a special session. I wonder if the New Mexico patriots can grow a pair of balls like Tennessee Volunteers have always had? Probably not!
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Testing the waters.

Put your helmets on.

Absolutely you do. The Constitution is a piece of paper that has failed to protect our rights or restrain and contain government. It’s been suspended in a hundred different ways than this.

The statement was purely hypothetical, from a "you just don't do that" perspective. As if these liberal socialist demorats are going to follow law.

What are you smoking? It's already been suspended.

Testing the waters.

Put your helmets on.

The statement was purely hypothetical, from a "you just don't do that" perspective. As if these liberal socialist demorats are going to follow law.

Law is and always has been a combination of what the men with guns say it is and the amount of misery the bulk of the people are willing to tolerate.
Law is and always has been a combination of what the men with guns say it is and the amount of misery the bulk of the people are willing to tolerate.

Possibly the most accurate assessment on the subject matter that I gave seen.
Ky. has a law stating that only state & federal gun laws apply across the state. No local or individual gun laws by county or town will be accepted. Thinking that could someday be used in a bad way. But so far it's been great.

Both Louisville & Lexington have challenged it & tried to adopt their own laws, but they always loose.

Depending on how you feel about it, your states gun rights or constitutional groups should be urged to push for such a thing IMO.
This is a Rosa Parks moment for the right guy or gal...
This is a Rosa Parks moment for the right guy or gal...

Probably could earn someone a good payday as well in a lawsuit for being arrested for violating this obviously unconstitutional edict!!
Our SIL is a retired LEO in Albuquerque. I guarantee that he's packing and they really don't want to arrest him for it. He'll light some fires.
Originally Posted by RAM
This was already taken to the Courts. Hurricanes. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas(?) New Jersey.

They lost. You can't Suspend an American Civil Right because of a local "emergency". Governor's do not have that power.
Nor does the president.
The NM residents need to put a BAN on Governor Grisham public speaking. The ban needs to include all of the Mayor's also.

What are you smoking? It's already been suspended.

Read my post above, darlin.
Originally Posted by RAM

Nor does the president.

Bingo. That's what I was saying. But you have to spell it out for some footsie playing fuggs.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Ky. has a law stating that only state & federal gun laws apply across the state. No local or individual gun laws by county or town will be accepted. Thinking that could someday be used in a bad way. But so far it's been great.

Both Louisville & Lexington have challenged it & tried to adopt their own laws, but they always loose.

Depending on how you feel about it, your states gun rights or constitutional groups should be urged to push for such a thing IMO.

Louisville & Lexington. Liberal schitholes.
Testing the waters.

Put your helmets on.

"You do"? No. I don't.
The Albuquerque police chief says they won't enforce it so that leaves it all to the state police. I haven't heard their reaction to it yet.
ALBQ is a crime ridden DemoRat Schitthole.

I avoid it if at all possible when driving though NM.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
ALBQ is a crime ridden DemoRat Schitthole.

I avoid it if at all possible when driving though NM.

Stayed at RV parks a few times my first stop was warned to stay off of Central Ave. after dark. So we made sure to do everything before dark in the area.
Alec Baldwin for Sheriff of Albuquerque.
Testing the waters.

Put your helmets on.

The stupid Fuq part is people thinking government is supposed to support our rights. Remember the part about "We the People"?
Doesn't she know that all she has to do is make murder illegal?
Originally Posted by reivertom
Doesn't she know that all she has to do is make murder illegal?

There's the stupid phug part.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Sign me up as Judge and submit a request for a permanent restraining order.

I'll sign it in a hot second.
Temporary restraining order.
Permanent injunction.
Voters should OUTLAW HER stupid ass from office ever again!
Musk responds,

“At risk of stating what should be obvious, deliberately violating the Constitution is next-level illegal. How soon can this person be removed from office?”
I just heard her talking about how constitutional rights are not absolute

JFC, you need to leave office immediately.
I called the Albuqueerque PD - dispatchress said that they would enforce the HHIC's edict but I should call the NM state police for further comment. So much for a cops oath to support and defend the constitution. No cop, nationwide, will support and defend the constitution when the time comes, I guarantee it.
"Protect the pension- - - - -Serve the politicians!" Some things never change!
The Constitution is not suspendable
Oh yeah, that will work. Marxist dumbass.
I predict she is going to have a bad week

Correct. The ONLY thing that protects your Right to Bear Arms is YOU BEARING ARMS.
In a recent 2A discussion Vivek Ramaswamy said it best when he said, that first we had to have guts enough to identify the problem, and then the REAL issue(s) behind the problem.

She will never do either!

Previous Governor was Female and apparently led the state well.

Like other western states, too many scum bucket liberals in house and moving in to the statetipping the balance to insanity.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
No cop, nationwide, will support and defend the constitution when the time comes, I guarantee it.

Nope, they want their paycheck and pensions. Nothing else matters. The End.
A clear violation of her oath of office.

Impeachment time!
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Democrat patsy David Hogg was told to call this a bad move. The vice chair of the House Caucus can see it is even with his slanted little eyes. Someone even handed them the exact same sentence to publish on their social media.

This is an estrogen fueled decision.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Thanks for posting this
I called the Albuqueerque PD - dispatchress said that they would enforce the HHIC's edict but I should call the NM state police for further comment. So much for a cops oath to support and defend the constitution. No cop, nationwide, will support and defend the constitution when the time comes, I guarantee it.

And that time is now in NM.

This is also a trial balloon for the dems.
Keep voting for dimtards.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

And that time is now in NM.

This is also a trial balloon for the dems.

ABQ & Santa Fe are complete liberal chitholes. There's nothing but liberal govt. there... Police are govt too. wink
Looks like NAGR has filed or is filing the first lawsuit on this.
Originally Posted by Hudge
Looks like NAGR has filed or is filing the first lawsuit on this.

Make it Class Action...

I was gonna visit Tonto for some of his Top Shelf Top Ramen Noodles and Taco Bell sauce... but since my Constitutional Rights were violated... I will take the Pain and Suffering as Cash Money Instead.

#ShowMeTheMoney
If It Wasn’t for LEO, Politicians Would just be some people with BAD IDEAS.

If you are going to fight, know where to start.
Lib ruler decides to suspend the US Constitution.

"For a while."

What could go wrong with that?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

"For a while."

Well it’s just temporary. They will reinstate cc and open carry as soon as they see their mistake.
Didn’t the Bolsheviks tell their constituents they couldn’t go to church and pray? How did that work out for them?
Originally Posted by Sako76
Didn’t the Bolsheviks tell their constituents they couldn’t go to church and pray? How did that work out for them?

The same as it did here a few short years ago. They did it and all the little sheep complied. People have no backbone a lay right down for anything. End of story!
Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham Says “Her Duty to Uphold the Constitution is Not Absolute”

After declaring a “Local Health Emergency” to ban the carrying of firearms in/around Alburquerque, New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham explains her position by saying the rights of crime victims supersede the constitutional rights of all New Mexico citizens. Victimhood defines the constitution now.

Additionally, the Democrat Governor announced that her oath to uphold the constitution is not absolute.

I guess an argument could be made that we should all be getting used to the insanity that surrounds the Democrat worldview, but this is just remarkable in the extreme.

This is a test for the people in New Mexico. It will be interesting to see how the citizens react.

Video - Direct Rumble Link
She is a crass Dem political hack installed due to her connection with an old boy Hispanic Dem network (note the middle name).

She is simply grandstanding. Her "order" has no legal standing and is unenforceable as law.

If she cared even a bit about the ever increasing crime situation in ALB/Bernalillo Cty. she would have done something significant about it years ago.

Vapid, unprincipled political hack.
Laws and edicts that create first, second, fourth,  fifth , and fourteenth amendment free zones are becoming more frequent . You just can't let the constitution run wild.
Originally Posted by CCCC
...Her "order" has no legal standing and is unenforceable as law....

And yet, they keep on doing it. And getting away with it. With increasing frequency.
Originally Posted by Stophel

Correct. The ONLY thing that protects your Right to Bear Arms is YOU BEARING ARMS.

You two fuggs go ahead and suspend the Constitution.

Lmao.
The citizens should tell that Beeotch to ESAD! I'd be carrying anyways and worry about the consequences later! [bleep] her!
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

"For a while."

No kidding….at least it’s just “for awhile”. Kind of like giving a tyrant absolute authority during a time of crisis since he “promised to give up his power once the crisis is over”….

The precedent alone is a liberal wet-dream and you know every liberal mayor, governor, councilmen, school board Karen and every other power hungry, aspiring political bastard are watching with bated breath drooling at the chance to “suspend the Constitution” as it suits them and their evil desires.

They’re welcome to “suspend the Constitution” but considering the fact that the Constitution in “unsuspendable” they can only “suspend the Constitution” in their empty heads because in reality I don’t give a sh.it and I will continue to express my Constitutional rights daily and without remorse. If the cops are not concerned with their oath then I hope they are prepared to meet their creator during the abdication of their OATH TO UPHOLD AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION FROM ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC!

I’ve maintained for years that THIS “problem” was only going to grow bigger and more out of control. During the “good” times or the “easy” times when it’s business as usual across our country when there’s no civil war or insurrection or rioting and the job of the police is the normal “routine” of civil police work it can give us a glimpse into what could happen and how the police could react when things go south. If during the “easy” times there’s widespread abuse and corruption in law enforcement that doesn’t bode well for us when things get tough in society. If ignoring the Constitution is acceptable or at least ignored during the easy times because “the good guys are catching the bad guys” I don’t think it’s at all reasonable to expect them to suddenly follow the Constitution during violent unrest.

At the end of the day though no matter who is opposing freedom, no matter who is ignoring our Constitution and no matter who stands in our way they’ll LOSE, they’re only human too and they’re just another obstacle to be defeated no matter what costume they wear. It’s pretty “simple” really, those who support and are willing to defend the Constitution are on our side and therefore are our “friend” while everyone else is the enemy….nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Time for a Harvey Milk impeachment!

Yep. Evil isn't defeated by reasoning with it.
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Democrap twats.
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
The citizens should tell that Beeotch to ESAD! I'd be carrying anyways and worry about the consequences later! [bleep] her!

Take a listen to the Gov try and justify this BS. She can't connect suspension of a enumerated right with the crime issues. It's all about 'sending a message'.

https://twitter.com/beauhightowerdn/status/1700288222734020921

As we all know, her logic has no logic & it's not going to change a single thing for the better, & now, since the bad guys will know that no one else but them is armed, it very well could make things worse there. Much worse.

Either way, when nothing is better in 30 days, she will double down & extend her dictate for a much longer or indefinite period.

Unless it gets to a favorable court & is kicked to the curb as it should be, it will stand..........................the sheeple will do nothing, more or less as usual.

Baaaaaa, Baaaaaa

MM

Lmao.

We ain’t lived under it in 160 years, dipschit.
I'm going to pray

Lmao.

We ain’t lived under it in 160 years, dipschit.

You two morons think you're spouting off something nobody else knows. Fugkin dumbass.

Dangling you from a string.

Lmao.
Make more dream catchers.
But seriously, this is just a test run for the big event.
This woman is completely insane.

Originally Posted by ltppowell

Majority of 'Mericans think that because a "law" (or an edict, etc) exists that it must be complied with & that it's "just".....................

Baaaa, Baaaa

MM
her next campaign slogan can be

I made it safer for criminals to to do their jobs.

They will be breaking down the doors to re elect her.
Originally Posted by justin10mm

You racist bastid!!!
Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham Says “Her Duty to Uphold the Constitution is Not Absolute”

This is a test for the people in New Mexico. It will be interesting to see how the citizens react.

The ethnic mix in NM has very little potential of producing a Nobel Prize winner.
Is there a Sheriff in the State with balls and a conscience?
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Indeed. Look for more of this kind of nonsense. Just another version of death by a thousand cuts.
Probably going to be a lot of LEO's arrested, unless she granted them an exemption.
I'm guessing this has not had an emergency hearing in front of a Federal judge yet?

It's important enough to get one of them out of bed the day/night she issued the order.
Well, not an emergency hearing, but the suit has been filed

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../18744826/news-flash-maybe-a-jimmy-olson
Guess this gov got tired of AOC getting all the dumbest politician credit. Seriously when a politician goes rogue they should be removed.
Probably going to be a lot of LEO's arrested, unless she granted them an exemption.

Lar Enfarcement ALWAYS gets an exemption.
Looks like there's some serious pushback brewing INCLUDING pushback from some New Mexico lar enforcement folks. And others.

This link's is pretty interesting...read about it.
Originally Posted by RAM

evidently the local sheriff says although he has 'concerns', he will uphold the mandate because the stated problem needs solving.
Originally Posted by RAM

evidently the local sheriff says although he has 'concerns', he will uphold the mandate because the stated problem needs solving.

In response to the unconstitutional order Sheriff John Allen from Bernalillo County north of Albuquerque announced he will not comply with the unconstitutional order.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/new-mexico-sheriff-tells-tyrannical-governor-he-will/
Motion for TRO against governor's order.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nmd.492592/gov.uscourts.nmd.492592.3.0.pdf
This New Mexico suspension of the constitution will be a window into our future in the other 49 states. Pretty good place actually, for a test flight of a total police state. With a population that is 36% white, less than half of the households speak english at home, very high proportion of govt assistance (free stuff)...we have an opportunity to see how NM residents themselves, not federal courts, react to a blatant violation of the constitution.. If they push back hard?...or will they comply? If they tend toward compliance or at least silence...that is a very strong argument for the Democrats to continue uncontrolled illegal immigration. I hate to make it racial...but historically on the surface it appears non whites are more prone to go with free stuff rather than free dom. Canary in the coalmine. We shall see as this plays out.
I think the court is going to knock her back to the stone age.

My question is whether there will be any legal or political price to pay. I doubt it.

Pols won't want a precedent of her getting charged much less convicted for something she did as part of her 'official duties'.

And she'll probably not get impeached and might get reelected. It is New Mexico, after all.
Suspend 19A...
Any 2A protest planned? Show up at the Gov't. mansion - thousands armed to the teeth to show the spirit of the 2A?
Any 2A protest planned? Show up at the Gov't. mansion - thousands armed to the teeth to show the spirit of the 2A?

Dude... NM ain't Virginia
That is what we would like to see....waiting...crickets...

My question is whether there will be any legal or political price to pay. I doubt it.

Pols won't want a precedent of her getting charged much less convicted for something she did as part of her 'official duties'.

And she'll probably not get impeached and might get reelected. It is New Mexico, after all.

They're probing the weakest states.

Nobody in NM is gonna do schit.
By using the term “public health emergency,” this radical New Mexico governor is testing out a policy straight from the United Nations World Health Organization.

The World Health Organization’s proposed pandemic treaty (some call it an accord or “instrument”), as well as the amendments to the International Health Regulations that will be up for a vote at the World Health Assembly in Geneva next May, include the exact same language. The U.S., E.U., U.N. and most nations are on board with changes that will give the decision-making power to declare a “public health emergency of international concern” or of “regional concern” to the WHO. Right now, only sovereign national governments can declare such an emergency, not the WHO.

I’ve argued before that part of the reason for the vague language, “public health emergency,” is so that they can claim “gun violence” is a dire emergency affecting the public health and thereby suspend all private gun ownership rights under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution or any other law anywhere in the world.

If she is allowed to get away with this, mark my words, you will see similar declarations in other cities and perhaps entire states.

If we pass on this opportunity to defy what has to be the most blatant violation of the Second Amendment to date, then we deserve everything that comes our way. We can kiss the Second Amendment goodbye.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...llegal-unconstitutional-edicts-like-one/

There are no "negotiations", no compromise. This must be stomped out completely.

BTW, who it paying-off Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham? She ain't making a move like this for free.
MI will be next followed by WI and MN.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by RAM

In response to the unconstitutional order Sheriff John Allen from Bernalillo County north of Albuquerque announced he will not comply with the unconstitutional order.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/new-mexico-sheriff-tells-tyrannical-governor-he-will/

The pundit said he won't comply, but nowhere in his statement did he say he would not comply, only that he had reservations about the order.

MM

She was re-elected last November i.e. this is her second term.
Her anti-constitutional bullshit just makes her more popular in the communist cities of Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Las Cruces

If she was eligible for a third term, she’d win in a landslide

People getting shot by criminals & illegals is not a health emergency under any stretch of the imagination.

MM
Even "Pig Boy", David Hogg tells Grisham she's wrong!!!!

https://twitter.com/libbyemmons/status/1700615641571455291
She did not act on her own. This has been planned for some time, just waiting for the right time and place where they would encounter the least pushback. There are lots of other areas where the constitutional right to firearms are highly restricted especially in the bigger cities and government offices.

What happens next will determine the future of our constitutional rights.
That is what we would like to see....waiting...crickets...

When door to door firearm confiscation starts it'll be the same story house to house neighborhood to neighborhood . Knock at the door - guy says honey can you see who's at the door I'm eating chipsNdips , hand me another Pepsi , love this barca lounger.
Wife goes to the door- it's the State Safety Commission blue helmets they want all your guns >BURP ?what bye bye guns , praying didn't work. Bidens second term.
The End

SATIRE ^^
Originally Posted by deflave

Right...

not in a State where the majority are "wards of the government"
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Right...

not in a State where the majority are "wards of the government"

Like I said, "It is New Mexico, after all."
Once more it's gun laws aimed at the law abiding citizens. No gun law ever passed was aimed at the criminals who don't follow them. This will increase crime and she'll then extend it beyond 30 days. It's a test to see how far she can go before confiscation starts.
Never been to New Mexico. Sounds like a .gov relief state.

You got it! They been voting Democrat/Communist there since God made dirt!! We must not do anything to disturb the Siesta State!
Quite frankly she does not have the authority to suspend the constitution.
Originally Posted by MTGunner

Been trying to tell a couple of dumb old fuggs that.

I think they know something nobody else does.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

You got it! They been voting Democrat/Communist there since God made dirt!! We must not do anything to disturb the Siesta State!

They will eventually implode, like NYC is doing now with the illegals and rampant crime.

Very true but it'll have to go to court to shut her down. Then it could go through several layers of appeals. She could shut down all guns in the state before the court system shuts her down.
This is a national thing, not just state. Anything to do with the constitution affects the entire country.

No, she doesn't. And neither does anyone else, but that doesn't seem to stop them.
If you think that anyone is going to obey an unlawful, immoral, unconstitutional edict from a Marxist midget, whether they are criminals or good guys, you’re dreaming
If you think that anyone is going to obey an unlawful, immoral, unconstitutional edict from a Marxist midget, whether they are criminals or good guys, you’re dreaming

Did you have to close your restaurant during The Bologna Virus?

Touché

Very true but it'll have to go to court to shut her down. Then it could go through several layers of appeals. She could shut down all guns in the state before the court system shuts her down.
This is a national thing, not just state. Anything to do with the constitution affects the entire country.

Meant to say "They think...".

Feel for you guys in these blue states / blue areas..
It's clearly obvious that she has NO right...SHE is the criminal.

That said, it's a great example of the goatfugh times we live in! These libtard"s think they can get away with ignoring the constitution since they have been doing just that over and over.

It's the old "give them an inch and they want a mile"

MAGA!
Apologies to Slum.

New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police and licensed security guards are exempt from the temporary ban.

The order calls for “civil administrative penalties availably by law” that include a fine of up to $5,000, said Caroline Sweeney, a spokeswoman for the governor.

People with concealed carry permits are still allowed transport guns to some private locations such as a gun range or gun store — provided that the firearm has a trigger lock or some other container or mechanism that makes it impossible to discharge, under terms of the order.

Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”

“I welcome the debate and fight about how to make New Mexicans safer,” she said at a news conference, flanked by leading law enforcement officials, including the district attorney for the Albuquerque area.

Lujan Grisham referenced several recent shootings in Albuquerque. Among them was a road rage shooting Wednesday outside a minor league baseball stadium that killed 11-year-old Froyland Villegas and critically wounded a woman as their vehicle was peppered with bullets while crowds departed an evening game.

Last month 5-year-old Galilea Samaniego was fatally shot while asleep in a motor home. Four teens entered the mobile home community in two stolen vehicles just before 6 a.m. on Aug. 13 and opened fire on the trailer, according to police. The girl was struck in the head and later died at a hospital.

The governor also cited the August shooting death in Taos County of 13-year-old Amber Archuleta. A 14-year-old boy shot and killed the girl with his father’s gun while they were at his home.

The top-ranked Republican in the state Senate denounced the decision to restrict guns in the face of violent crime.

““A child is murdered, the perpetrator is still on the loose, and what does the governor do? She ... targets law-abiding citizens with an unconstitutional gun order,” said Sen. Greg Baca of Belen.

Since 2019, Lujan Grisham has signed a raft of legislation that restricts access to guns, including a 2020 “red flag” law that allows police or sheriff’s deputies to ask a court to temporarily take away guns from people who might hurt themselves or others, an extension of background-check requirements to nearly all private gun sales and a ban on firearms possession for people under permanent protective orders for domestic violence.
Didn't at one time you have to check your smoke wagons in Laramie, Cheyenne, Tombstone, Abilene, Dodge City, etc. and other bastions of Bolshevism? Shocked the Republic survived as long as it has.
Originally Posted by Eric308
Apologies to Slum.

Didn't at one time you have to check your smoke wagons in Laramie, Cheyenne, Tombstone, Abilene, Dodge City, etc. and other bastions of Bolshevism? Shocked the Republic survived as long as it has.
Aren't you on some kind of list?
Lol
Apologies to Slum.

Lol
Apologies to Slum.

Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

She did, but blamed it on roaches.

(Can roaches carry ‘Rona)?
What the governor of New Mexico did was pretty close to persecuting Donald Trump and his associates for claiming fraudulent practices were used to steal the 2020 elections. Both have close ties to the Bill of Rights as ratified in 1791. The 1st and 2nd Amendments. I really don't think what they are doing (did) will pass Supreme Court scrutiny. But, as you see, that doesn't stop a leftist democRAT. The process is the punishment. Forcing Donald Trump and the people of New Mexico to spend millions on defending themselves for a God given right they already have.

kwg
Y'all be needin' one of these I reckon...

First of all - EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN of NM needs to arm up and man the streets of that city in full and total defiance of that liberal pos Governor... EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN!!!!!!!!
Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

I can respect a man who's humble enough to conceal his intelligence.

There are plenty who will, now 1/2 the country is brainwashed/dead. They're Followers.

^----Face of a crazy Karen

^----Face of a crazy Karen

Stealing this.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

No challenge at all when you got nuthin to hide.
No
Yeah, Mensa.

I'm voting for Biden,
the AR15 is a soulless weapon for feckless people.

Lol, Hows that "Mensa" schit working out.........
Originally Posted by Redneck

First of all - EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN of NM needs to arm up and man the streets of that city in full and total defiance of that liberal pos Governor... EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN!!!!!!!!

I’ll go out on a limb and say the vast majority have never fired an air rifle, so…
War is coming. Know who and where the enemy is in your backyard.
New Mexico has been open carry since territorial days.
Never was a fan of open carry - but I am now.
The mini-dictator biotch with the Napoleon Complex wants to "make a statement".
I will also.
She needs to go screw a donkey - given her affinity for being a jackass.
She claims to realize that - but did it anyway - to "open the discussion". She's a popular dipschidt.
Glad she's term limited out, and have been expecting something along these lines - and more shenanigans!
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Police and the Attorney General have stated they will NOT enforce this "edict".
In New Mexico, she has little say about transporting a firearm, as your vehicle is considered an extension of your home.
And a man's home is his castle.
No

Bullschit.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Yeah, Mensa.

I'm voting for Biden,
the AR15 is a soulless weapon for feckless people.

Lol, Hows that "Mensa" schit working out.........
The lords work.
Lol
Originally Posted by Redneck

Tar, feathers and a rail sound more appropriate!
Originally Posted by DMc

Perfect
Originally Posted by luv2safari

The ethnic mix in NM has very little potential of producing a Nobel Prize winner.
Bill Richardson is up for the Nobel Peace Prize, actually.
He was our mini-dictator's mentor.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Ain't called the "LAND OF ENCHANTMENT" fer nuthin'!

Liberal SOP!
Sling all the mud you can against the wall and see what sticks.
Then it's rule by precedent! (Lujan-Grisham did it for 30 days! That's a "precedent". No reason we can't call for a 6 month ban...then a one year ban....then a ten year ban! It's okay as it's a precedent in NM. WHY NOT EVERY STATE?)
GOA just filed a lawsuit against Dictatoress Grisham:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...t-against-tyrannical-new-mexico-governor

This evening I joined the GOA ($25.00) and added a $10.00 donation on top of that. I let my NRA membership lapse years ago, my divorce from the NRA is now complete.
If and when this goes to court,it's not going to be her money used for counsel.
She doesn't care,but it will be GOA's
Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

No, I'm not in Mensa. It was tongue in cheek, a joke.
Lujan-Grisham's hand picked Bernalillo County DA refusing to enforce gun ban....and he's a (d)!

https://news.yahoo.com/legal-fight-expected-mexico-governor-202906803.html
Apologies to Slum.

Lol
Apologies to Slum.

Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

Apparently the self-appointed menstruating Mensa can’t figure out how to single click the quote function or how to proofread her stupidity. 😂

It’s not a stretch to think this menstruating misfit really believes she’s intelligent, and compared to her retarded liberal “friends” she might be the sharpest spoon in those drawers….

If you can’t perform a very simple function like successfully quoting a post here then you really can’t claim to be Mensa quality smart…..if, as Erica so obviously demonstrated, you are raised by inbred parents and retardation runs as deep in the un-branched family tree as Erica’s then do we blame Erica for her ignorance or do we blame her parents for being siblingfuckers? Either way Erica is a lost cause….an inbred contrarian that doesn’t possess the mental acumen to discuss topics in depth so she simply tries to get noticed by the guys here…..it’s a sad and pathetic tactic but one that’s very common with the effeminate left….probably a learned behavior from overbearing mothers and drunken fathers like much of the left’s family history.
Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

No, I'm not in Mensa. It was tongue in cheek, a joke.

Sarcasm…thy name escapes thee…
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Lujan-Grisham's hand picked Bernalillo County DA refusing to enforce gun ban....and he's a (d)!

https://news.yahoo.com/legal-fight-expected-mexico-governor-202906803.html
Bregman is a long ways from being a fool.
I actually like his performance as AG. Much more suited to that role than defending our "Lower Social Class Offender" - AKA punks.

Was that Constitutional at that time? Ever tested in a Federal court?

Let's not forget, it certainly was pre-Bruen, the case that will have positive repercussions for decades.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I will also.

Mark,

What's the local take on this? Media, friends, etc. Are there plans for organized (possibly armed but peaceful) protests?
Apparently, there has already been an armed protest.

Unfortunately, some idiot had to bring that stupid "Q" flag...

Let's not forget, it certainly was pre-Bruen, the case that will have positive repercussions for decades.
I'm 52, and I'm sure I'll live to see Bruen mentioned in the same breath as Dred Scott.

I'm 52, and I'm sure I'll live to see Bruen mentioned in the same breath as Dred Scott.
In other words, you believe it wasn't an unconstitutional infringement then, or now, or at some future time in your lifetime?

For folks like you, and I know you don't like it, there's a process to change the Constitution.

Decrees by govt officials is not that method.

Look it up if you're unsure of how to go about it. It's not easy, and that was intentional.
ABQ cops should immediately come out and state that they will not enforce the Governor's criminal decree.
Originally Posted by DMc

This is friggin awesome!
I will also.
Mark, What's the local take on this? Media, friends, etc. Are there plans for organized (possibly armed but peaceful) protests?
Also am interested in Mark's view and any prediction on that. After living in NM for quite a while (rather extreme rural), my view is that the primary reaction will be that almost all will simply ignore her "edict" - do and carry as they they normally do. It is not at all a big "demonstration" place

The state is grossly tied to the Fed Guv and has a history of rotten Dem politicians (longstanding Hispanic network) who usually are given the nod due to history and low expectations. None of the outlying areas would pay a bit of attention to such a crass move (which is why those are not included), and most of those who live in Alb/Bernalillo (big Dem base with heavy crime "reason") will ignore it as well.

Yes - lame duck Lujan and the lame Dem state were selected for a test run, and the hack governor has complied.
Originally Posted by DMc

This is friggin awesome!
You fire less than 50 rounds per year.
The Tiny Tyrant knew this would be challenged and she’s hoping the injunction gets handed down quickly. She does not want to have to answer to how “gun violence” did not go down during her “emergency “.
Originally Posted by CCCC
I will also.
Mark, What's the local take on this? Media, friends, etc. Are there plans for organized (possibly armed but peaceful) protests?
Also am interested in Mark's view and any prediction on that. After living in NM for quite a while (rather extreme rural), my view is that the primary reaction will be that almost all will simply ignore her "edict" - do and carry as they they normally do. It is not at all a big "demonstration" place

The state is grossly tied to the Fed Guv and has a history of rotten Dem politicians (longstanding Hispanic network) who usually are given the nod due to history and low expectations. None of the outlying areas would pay a bit of attention to such a crass move (which is why those are not included), and most of those who live in Alb/Bernalillo (big Dem base with heavy crime "reason") will ignore it as well.

Yes - lame duck Lujan and the lame Dem state were selected for a test run, and the hack governor has complied.

One thing is certainly assured as you noted.

The criminal element in ABQ and Bernalillo will not lock up their guns until the "emergency" is over.
Apparently, there has already been an armed protest.

Unfortunately, some idiot had to bring that stupid "Q" flag...
Mr.Mask social distancing specialist
New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

FOREVER is what she meant. FJB...Let's Go Grisham!
New Mexico Criminals Excited To Hear No One Will Be Armed For Entire Month
GUNS
·
Sep 9, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

NEW MEXICO — Criminals across New Mexico were ecstatic to hear from Governor Grisham today that no one in the state would be armed for an entire month.

"Oh, sweet!" said local carjacker Jeff Diggs. "It's so stressful wondering if your next victim could be packing. Gosh, that's such a weight off!"

New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham made the announcement yesterday in a press conference, to resounding cheers from criminals across the state. "I just want every thief in our great state to know they have nothing to fear," said Governor Grisham. "We're delivering bold leadership on crime, and making a statement to the nation. That statement is this: For the next month, criminals in New Mexico can rob and assault anyone with absolute impunity."

Organized crime rings broke out in applause and slapped high-fives, ecstatic about the news. "Man, I'm getting tears in my eyes," said Albuquerque gangster Sean Rogers. "What a relief, knowing we're the only ones with the guns. This is going to be amazing."

At publishing time, Governor Grisham had announced to further cheers that she would also be taking away guns from the police.
https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-mexicos-most-populous-county-180535430.html

Bernalillo County sheriff "FINALLY" comes to his senses!
WILL NOT enforce Lujan-Grisham's anti 2A insanity.
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
https://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-mexicos-most-populous-county-180535430.html

Bernalillo County sheriff "FINALLY" comes to his senses!
WILL NOT enforce Lujan-Grisham's anti 2A insanity.
She said from the start that it would have to be enforced by the state police, I'd like to hear what their boss has to say about it.

...to see if your Constitution still matters in the least.
The District Attorney of Albuquerque, NM has said he won’t enforce the unconstitutional order by New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham. The DA was appointed by her earlier this year, so this comes as a shock as she expected him to comply.

Even democrats realize that an order like this is unconstitutional. The Governor claimed it has nothing to do with the constitution, but also said “the Constitution is not absolute.”
Repeat... This is a Rosa Parks moment for someone...

Get after it... or STFU when more of your rights are stolen...
Repeat... This is a Rosa Parks moment for someone...

Get after it... or STFU when more of your rights are stolen...

Uhhmmm..... you screw with ANY of my God given, Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms (rights?) and I'm going to speak up.
Rosa Parks was right, as were the Woolworth's Five.

In other words, you believe it wasn't an unconstitutional infringement then, or now, or at some future time in your lifetime?

For folks like you, and I know you don't like it, there's a process to change the Constitution.

Look it up if you're unsure of how to go about it. It's not easy, and that was intentional.

Like button
Originally Posted by tzone

Like button

Cuts to the quick with kindness.
Lol
[img]https://www.westernjournal.com/new-mexico-governor-loses-control-armed-citizens-roll-albuquerque/[/img]
Originally Posted by tzone

Like button

Cuts to the quick with kindness.
Lol

Without scrolling back a few pages, I'm betting there was no reply?
When David Hogg says you can't take their guns away, you know you phugged up
Wouldn't it be ironic if the crime levels dropped because all the people normally not carrying in Albuquerque and surrounding areas were all seen going strapped.

Of course the Gov would say it's because of her order and she'd be correct, just not in the was she means.
Wouldn't it be ironic if the crime levels dropped because all the people normally not carrying in Albuquerque and surrounding areas were all seen going strapped.

Of course the Gov would say it's because of her order and she'd be correct, just not in the was she means.
Unintended consequences.

They're not all bad.
New Mex AG just left the Gov swinging in the wind.

https://twitter.com/BrittanyKOB/status/1701664688902398036

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
Here is the response from San Juan County Sheriff Shane Ferrari, who is also the Chairman of the New Mexico Sheriffs' Association:

San Juan County,
In response to recent gun homicides our state has witnessed, New Mexico Governor Lujan Grisham issued an executive order declaring gun violence a public health emergency. Another executive health order was declared in response to our illicit drugs crisis.
Most importantly, I extend my deepest condolences to the families of these precious lives. It pains me to see how quickly our focus shifts from love and support for a grieving family to divisive arguments. Please forgive us as we try to find solutions to these senseless tragedies while preserving our freedoms. We mean no disrespect. My thoughts and prayers are with your families. I also pray for the brave dedicated law enforcement officers who are tirelessly working to find the evil persons responsible. God be with you.
After the Governor’s press conference, I was asked for my views on the orders. (Beyond being your San Juan Co. Sheriff, I also serve as Chairman of the New Mexico Sheriffs’ Association and the New Mexico Sheriffs’ Affiliate). I gave the following response.
“The New Mexico Sheriffs' Association understands the struggle Albuquerque and Bernalillo County face regarding violent crime. Many rural New Mexico counties are impacted by big city crime spilling over into our communities. The NMSA does not support the Governor's temporary suspension of legal concealed carry and open carry firearms. This will directly impact law abiding citizens. Criminals do not possess concealed carry licenses, nor do they open carry firearms. This proposal is a violation of Article II of the New Mexico Constitution that states in the first sentence; No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense. The Albuquerque area still faces a shortage of law enforcement officers and crime is rampant. We fear announcing to criminals that citizens in the public will no longer have the ability to defend themselves will have a catastrophic effect.”
We support the Governor's efforts in combating the State of New Mexico's illicit drug epidemic. We suggest the Governor's plan include strengthening our border security with Mexico where deadly fentanyl enters New Mexico and the United States. We cannot continue to ignore that fact regardless of one's political views.
Every person has a natural right to defend themselves. This right must remain solid during a time when law enforcement agencies are under-staffed and cannot be there to protect our citizens, when criminals have more rights than citizens, when criminals no longer fear justice, and judges aren’t given the authority to keep criminals off the street.
We all agree criminals shouldn’t have guns, but they do and they will. They’re criminals they don’t follow laws. Disarming the citizens will not stop criminals from possessing guns. Criminals need to be held accountable. They are not the victims.
Gun owners can do their part to keep guns away from criminals and others safe. Keep your guns secure. If you have little ones: always keep your gun next to you, lock them up and/or keep them unloaded, educate your children on gun safety. If you do not have children: lock your door when you leave your house, make sure guns aren’t visible from the outside, consider locking them up while you’re away. Please don’t leave them unattended in your vehicle. Take a firearms class: familiarize yourself with your gun, know the legal parameters on how & when to use it.
In the end we all want a safe and free New Mexico. May we never consider trading our freedoms for the lack of a criminal’s accountability. Both sides need to respectfully come to the fence in a united effort to find solutions. This is not a singular issue.
There are many issues that have got us to this point. Focusing on just one is not going to get us anywhere.
Thank you for your time and support,
Sheriff R. Shane Ferrari
San Juan Co., N.M.
Thanks Sock
A bunch of those liberal MFr's have jumped on the bandwagon of condemning the governor for her stupid ass move now...

They jumped on that bandwagon because the political winds didn't favor her.

If the stupid bitch had been met with mass approval, 3/4 of those idiots condemning her would have been praising her instead.

Politicians are the lowest form of horseshit there is.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Plus 1-----Rio7
Damn that bitch is stupid!!
so they won't prosecute based on her order and now they won't defend her against being sued

I'd say she's had a bad week

It would be hard for any politician to recover from this. Is she a first term?
This is her 2nd term, she has 3 yrs remaining in her dictatorship. She is a witch. I wish the stupid welfare voters in this state would stop voting for fkn demoncraps.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
A bunch of those liberal MFr's have jumped on the bandwagon of condemning the governor for her stupid ass move now...

They jumped on that bandwagon because the political winds didn't favor her.

If the stupid bitch had been met with mass approval, 3/4 of those idiots condemning her would have been praising her instead.

Politicians are the lowest form of horseshit there is.

Exactly RB.

Now it will give themselves ammo for the future to claim "see we don`t to take your guns, we sided with gun owners in 2023 when the gov of NM wanted to ban them" "we are reasonable". #societyofslowlearners
Originally Posted by KFWA
so they won't prosecute based on her order and now they won't defend her against being sued

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but all this Dem flag-raising for the 2A seems awfully suspicious. Throw in the David Hogg and Ted Lieu statements and it smells really fishy.
Originally Posted by RufusG

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but all this Dem flag-raising for the 2A seems awfully suspicious. Throw in the David Hogg and Ted Lieu statements and it smells really fishy.

It was a test. Small scale endeavor to see how well it went down when crammed down the throats of a solid blue state.
Et tu MSNBC?
[img]https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc...un-ban-michelle-lujan-grisham-rcna104701[/img]
It's just for 30 days while they flatten the gun violence curve.
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita

That article is typical “mean TWEET” garbage with a nugget of truth about this unconstitutional order. Par for the course with MSN-PMS

CLYDE
According to the propagandist author of that article this is all Trumps fault.
Originally Posted by Morewood
According to the propagandist author of that article this is all Trumps fault.

Fugg the media too.

They are complicit.
Originally Posted by RufusG

If the Dems are serious about defending the 2A, they should impeach her and remove her from office.
The US District Court issued a temporary restraining order against enforcement of Grisham's Executive Order this afternoon.

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...y-blocks-new-mexico-governors-gun-order/
Yep, just received an email from the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association. Remember to support you local and state groups, too!

Today in Federal Court in Albuquerque, the Federal Judge presiding over our case granted us a Temporary Restraining Order against the Governor's unconstitutional order banning the carrying of firearms in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County. The order is effective today as of 2:55pm.

This was a win today, but the case is far from over. The next hearing will be held on October 3rd. Our attorneys did an excellent job representing our members, and all New Mexicans in court today. Their performance is exactly why we partnered with them.

We will continue this fight, but we need your support too. Please continue to support NMSSA, Firearms Policy Coalition, and Second Amendment Foundation.
She will probably learn a valuable lesson come time to run again.
Originally Posted by jpr9954
The US District Court issued a temporary restraining order against enforcement of Grisham's Executive Order this afternoon.

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...y-blocks-new-mexico-governors-gun-order/

Expected but still great news!
Originally Posted by rainshot
She will probably learn a valuable lesson come time to run again.

She's in her last term now, as NM has term limits.

In other words, she'll do as much damage as she can in her time left.
Archbishop of Santa Fe comes out in support of Governor Himmler.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...defends-governor-s-controversial-gun-ban

“In my view, the governor has been consistent in addressing gun safety through legislation and is not now attacking the Second Amendment,” Wester went on. “She knows the law. Rather, I believe she is trying to get us to solve what has become a crisis in our state.” 

“I do not see the governor’s call to action and discernment as a threat to the Constitution,” Wester said. “The focus should be on the sanctity of human life. That is the point.” 

[Linked Image from earthministry.org]
The Roman Catholic Church seems to have a habit of siding with tyranny.

After all "Saint" Paul advised that in Romans 13.
© 24hourcampfire