Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GOA just filed a lawsuit against Dictatoress Grisham:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...t-against-tyrannical-new-mexico-governor

This evening I joined the GOA ($25.00) and added a $10.00 donation on top of that. I let my NRA membership lapse years ago, my divorce from the NRA is now complete.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If and when this goes to court,it's not going to be her money used for counsel.
She doesn't care,but it will be GOA's

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Eric308
Originally Posted by Raferman
Aren't you on some kind of list?
Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

I can respect a man who's humble enough to conceal his intelligence.
No, I'm not in Mensa. It was tongue in cheek, a joke.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lujan-Grisham's hand picked Bernalillo County DA refusing to enforce gun ban....and he's a (d)!

https://news.yahoo.com/legal-fight-expected-mexico-governor-202906803.html

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve
Apologies to Slum.

New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police and licensed security guards are exempt from the temporary ban.

The order calls for “civil administrative penalties availably by law” that include a fine of up to $5,000, said Caroline Sweeney, a spokeswoman for the governor.

People with concealed carry permits are still allowed transport guns to some private locations such as a gun range or gun store — provided that the firearm has a trigger lock or some other container or mechanism that makes it impossible to discharge, under terms of the order.

Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”

“I welcome the debate and fight about how to make New Mexicans safer,” she said at a news conference, flanked by leading law enforcement officials, including the district attorney for the Albuquerque area.

Lujan Grisham referenced several recent shootings in Albuquerque. Among them was a road rage shooting Wednesday outside a minor league baseball stadium that killed 11-year-old Froyland Villegas and critically wounded a woman as their vehicle was peppered with bullets while crowds departed an evening game.

Last month 5-year-old Galilea Samaniego was fatally shot while asleep in a motor home. Four teens entered the mobile home community in two stolen vehicles just before 6 a.m. on Aug. 13 and opened fire on the trailer, according to police. The girl was struck in the head and later died at a hospital.

The governor also cited the August shooting death in Taos County of 13-year-old Amber Archuleta. A 14-year-old boy shot and killed the girl with his father’s gun while they were at his home.

The top-ranked Republican in the state Senate denounced the decision to restrict guns in the face of violent crime.

““A child is murdered, the perpetrator is still on the loose, and what does the governor do? She ... targets law-abiding citizens with an unconstitutional gun order,” said Sen. Greg Baca of Belen.

Since 2019, Lujan Grisham has signed a raft of legislation that restricts access to guns, including a 2020 “red flag” law that allows police or sheriff’s deputies to ask a court to temporarily take away guns from people who might hurt themselves or others, an extension of background-check requirements to nearly all private gun sales and a ban on firearms possession for people under permanent protective orders for domestic violence.
Didn't at one time you have to check your smoke wagons in Laramie, Cheyenne, Tombstone, Abilene, Dodge City, etc. and other bastions of Bolshevism? Shocked the Republic survived as long as it has.
Lol
Apologies to Slum.

New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

The Democratic governor said she is expecting legal challenges but felt compelled to act in response to gun deaths, including the fatal shooting of an 11-year-old boy outside a minor league baseball stadium this week.

The firearms suspension is tied to a threshold for violent crime rates that only the Albuquerque area currently meets. Police and licensed security guards are exempt from the temporary ban.

The order calls for “civil administrative penalties availably by law” that include a fine of up to $5,000, said Caroline Sweeney, a spokeswoman for the governor.

People with concealed carry permits are still allowed transport guns to some private locations such as a gun range or gun store — provided that the firearm has a trigger lock or some other container or mechanism that makes it impossible to discharge, under terms of the order.

Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”

“I welcome the debate and fight about how to make New Mexicans safer,” she said at a news conference, flanked by leading law enforcement officials, including the district attorney for the Albuquerque area.

Lujan Grisham referenced several recent shootings in Albuquerque. Among them was a road rage shooting Wednesday outside a minor league baseball stadium that killed 11-year-old Froyland Villegas and critically wounded a woman as their vehicle was peppered with bullets while crowds departed an evening game.

Last month 5-year-old Galilea Samaniego was fatally shot while asleep in a motor home. Four teens entered the mobile home community in two stolen vehicles just before 6 a.m. on Aug. 13 and opened fire on the trailer, according to police. The girl was struck in the head and later died at a hospital.

The governor also cited the August shooting death in Taos County of 13-year-old Amber Archuleta. A 14-year-old boy shot and killed the girl with his father’s gun while they were at his home.

The top-ranked Republican in the state Senate denounced the decision to restrict guns in the face of violent crime.

““A child is murdered, the perpetrator is still on the loose, and what does the governor do? She ... targets law-abiding citizens with an unconstitutional gun order,” said Sen. Greg Baca of Belen.

Since 2019, Lujan Grisham has signed a raft of legislation that restricts access to guns, including a 2020 “red flag” law that allows police or sheriff’s deputies to ask a court to temporarily take away guns from people who might hurt themselves or others, an extension of background-check requirements to nearly all private gun sales and a ban on firearms possession for people under permanent protective orders for domestic violence.
Didn't at one time you have to check your smoke wagons in Laramie, Cheyenne, Tombstone, Abilene, Dodge City, etc. and other bastions of Bolshevism? Shocked the Republic survived as long as it has.
Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

Apparently the self-appointed menstruating Mensa can’t figure out how to single click the quote function or how to proofread her stupidity. 😂

It’s not a stretch to think this menstruating misfit really believes she’s intelligent, and compared to her retarded liberal “friends” she might be the sharpest spoon in those drawers….

If you can’t perform a very simple function like successfully quoting a post here then you really can’t claim to be Mensa quality smart…..if, as Erica so obviously demonstrated, you are raised by inbred parents and retardation runs as deep in the un-branched family tree as Erica’s then do we blame Erica for her ignorance or do we blame her parents for being siblingfuckers? Either way Erica is a lost cause….an inbred contrarian that doesn’t possess the mental acumen to discuss topics in depth so she simply tries to get noticed by the guys here…..it’s a sad and pathetic tactic but one that’s very common with the effeminate left….probably a learned behavior from overbearing mothers and drunken fathers like much of the left’s family history.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lol
Yeah, Mensa.

I can respect a man who's humble enough to conceal his intelligence.
No, I'm not in Mensa. It was tongue in cheek, a joke.

Sarcasm…thy name escapes thee…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Lujan-Grisham's hand picked Bernalillo County DA refusing to enforce gun ban....and he's a (d)!

https://news.yahoo.com/legal-fight-expected-mexico-governor-202906803.html
Bregman is a long ways from being a fool.
I actually like his performance as AG. Much more suited to that role than defending our "Lower Social Class Offender" - AKA punks.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Was that Constitutional at that time? Ever tested in a Federal court?

Let's not forget, it certainly was pre-Bruen, the case that will have positive repercussions for decades.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
New Mexico has been open carry since territorial days.
Never was a fan of open carry - but I am now.
The mini-dictator biotch with the Napoleon Complex wants to "make a statement".
I will also.
She needs to go screw a donkey - given her affinity for being a jackass.

Mark,

What's the local take on this? Media, friends, etc. Are there plans for organized (possibly armed but peaceful) protests?

Last edited by Steve; 09/10/23.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Apparently, there has already been an armed protest.

Unfortunately, some idiot had to bring that stupid "Q" flag...

Last edited by Stophel; 09/10/23.
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Let's not forget, it certainly was pre-Bruen, the case that will have positive repercussions for decades.
I'm 52, and I'm sure I'll live to see Bruen mentioned in the same breath as Dred Scott.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I'm 52, and I'm sure I'll live to see Bruen mentioned in the same breath as Dred Scott.
In other words, you believe it wasn't an unconstitutional infringement then, or now, or at some future time in your lifetime?

For folks like you, and I know you don't like it, there's a process to change the Constitution.

Decrees by govt officials is not that method.

Look it up if you're unsure of how to go about it. It's not easy, and that was intentional.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
ABQ cops should immediately come out and state that they will not enforce the Governor's criminal decree.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is friggin awesome!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will also.
Mark, What's the local take on this? Media, friends, etc. Are there plans for organized (possibly armed but peaceful) protests?
Also am interested in Mark's view and any prediction on that. After living in NM for quite a while (rather extreme rural), my view is that the primary reaction will be that almost all will simply ignore her "edict" - do and carry as they they normally do. It is not at all a big "demonstration" place

The state is grossly tied to the Fed Guv and has a history of rotten Dem politicians (longstanding Hispanic network) who usually are given the nod due to history and low expectations. None of the outlying areas would pay a bit of attention to such a crass move (which is why those are not included), and most of those who live in Alb/Bernalillo (big Dem base with heavy crime "reason") will ignore it as well.

Yes - lame duck Lujan and the lame Dem state were selected for a test run, and the hack governor has complied.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DMc

This is friggin awesome!
You fire less than 50 rounds per year.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The Tiny Tyrant knew this would be challenged and she’s hoping the injunction gets handed down quickly. She does not want to have to answer to how “gun violence” did not go down during her “emergency “.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CCCC
I will also.
Mark, What's the local take on this? Media, friends, etc. Are there plans for organized (possibly armed but peaceful) protests?
Also am interested in Mark's view and any prediction on that. After living in NM for quite a while (rather extreme rural), my view is that the primary reaction will be that almost all will simply ignore her "edict" - do and carry as they they normally do. It is not at all a big "demonstration" place

The state is grossly tied to the Fed Guv and has a history of rotten Dem politicians (longstanding Hispanic network) who usually are given the nod due to history and low expectations. None of the outlying areas would pay a bit of attention to such a crass move (which is why those are not included), and most of those who live in Alb/Bernalillo (big Dem base with heavy crime "reason") will ignore it as well.

Yes - lame duck Lujan and the lame Dem state were selected for a test run, and the hack governor has complied.

One thing is certainly assured as you noted.

The criminal element in ABQ and Bernalillo will not lock up their guns until the "emergency" is over.

In it is contentment

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stophel
Apparently, there has already been an armed protest.

Unfortunately, some idiot had to bring that stupid "Q" flag...
Mr.Mask social distancing specialist

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in the midst of a spate of gun violence.

FOREVER is what she meant. FJB...Let's Go Grisham!

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1beaver_shooter, 22magnut, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,889 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,603
Posts18,532,587
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.