L
Longbob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Longbob
When you are in the vehicle? I can count on one hand how many times my wife has driven with me. When I need to sleep for about 30 minutes or so from driving on a long trip or picking me up after knee surgery.

It has always looked odd to me to see a woman driving with a man in the car. Makes him look weak to me like a woman holding the door open for him or something.

That's ridiculous, absolutely absurd.

My wife is an excellent driver, and she doesn't let grass grow under the tires.

For years I drove 6K to 8K miles a month as part of my work as an adjuster here in Nevada, and I appreciate that she does a lot of the driving now. I do the driving when we're towing a trailer or driving the truck with the bigger camper on it. She has little experience with those. She also pumps gas and checks/adds oil. She's far from the prototypical helpless female.

You have some sort of problem with women, it's obvious.

Projecting much? You obviously have reading comprehension issues.

I don’t have any problem with strong and capable women. I have a problem with weak men.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When we travel long distances by car, over 200 miles, we'll switch off every 3 hours or so. I don't like to run my vehicles below a quarter tank of gas, so I try to plan those driving increments so that I can top off the fuel tank, take a leak, and get a drink of some sort. My wife falls asleep within 15 minutes of getting into the vehicle, so I have peace and quiet while I drive. I fall asleep in about 5 minutes if I'm not driving, so she gets to have peace and quiet on her shift.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
When we travel long distances by car, over 200 miles, we'll switch off every 3 hours or so. I don't like to run my vehicles below a quarter tank of gas, so I try to plan those driving increments so that I can top off the fuel tank, take a leak, and get a drink of some sort. My wife falls asleep within 15 minutes of getting into the vehicle, so I have peace and quiet while I drive. I fall asleep in about 5 minutes if I'm not driving, so she gets to have peace and quiet on her shift.

200 miles is 3 hours driving (approximately).

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yes but not well.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, and at times, even from the passenger seat when I’m driving…🙄😊

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
She drives when we're in her car. She'll go full speed toward a stop sign and hit the brakes when we're about 15 yards away. Scares the crap out of me. We've discussed the issue before, but it's such a habit for her that she keeps on doing it. Her mother does the same thing.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." - George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
She does. But not well.

I get white knuckled when she drives me somewhere. I try and avoid that at all cost. wink

No [bleep]. Wife damn near blew through a stop sign the other day. Only didn't because I intervened. Few minutes later almost pulled out into another vehicle.

She says it's because I make her nervous.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
200 miles is 3 hours driving (approximately).
I have a 2020 GMC 4wd crew cab that has been from Louisiana to Montana twice and other out west trips. We live in a rural area near a federal highway. This truck seldom goes to the farm and is never left idling. It has 41791 miles on it and 1223 engine hours for an average of about 34.25 MPH.

I don't go on interstates if it can be helped and a lot of our trips are partially on unpaved roads. We go wandering but are seldom lost. The west and even the mid-west farm country has some interesting things to see if you get off the beaten path and slow down.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
All the time. She's a good driver, never had an accident or ticket in nearly 40 years of marriage and her only accident before we got married was not her fault. We switch off driving when we have the trailer hooked up on long trips. My manhood is secure, I wouldn't care if she drove everywhere.

Last edited by smarquez; 09/16/23.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My wife drives and quite well I must say.
She has driven more lately what with back to back knee replacements on my part.
I guess I have more important things to worry about than seeing a woman driving and a man in the passenger seat.
Well no, at this point I have little of import to worry about beyond the long term health of the US of A.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We got married when she was 21, she got her CDL shortly after and I was her
OTR trainer. We criss-crossed the US for awhile,
then ran KC Kansas to Virginia, up to Trenton NJ and back to KC.
Twice weekly.

She can double clutch, run a 13, and back a semi.
I've slept behind her in cities, North Dakota at 3am, rain, wind, snow....

She is a better driver than me, considering patience and temperament.

She is actually very anxious in a car, and hyper vigilant.
More comfortable driving than riding, so she usually drives around here,
prefers me to drive on trips.

Her driving has no effect on my manhood,
I pity those so insecure that they feel the need to protect what little they have.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's a wife?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thankfully my wife is a excellent driver. She can drive anything with wheels doesn't matter if it has a 2 speed rear or 10 speed Fuller.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
She drives her vehicle, and she is a good driver although a little slow and defensive for my liking. I’m one of those Ahole offensive drivers that averages 10mpg above the speed limit, so I usually just sit tight and look at my phone if she is driving with me in the vehicle.

99.5% of the time if we are in a vehicle, I’m driving. Even more so now that we have kids, she can tend to them. Even back in the day we would make the 15 hour drive from Savannah home to Houston and I’d drive the entire time.

L
Longbob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
There are a lot of excellent women drivers that can drive a truck, back a trailer, and drive a stick. No question about it. My wife is a good driver, can drive a stick a little bit, but cannot back a trailer. And she can also open her own door, but that doesn't mean I won't do all I can to get there first and be a gentleman. Driving is much the same for me.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yep, like a bat out of hell.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
No unless I’m drunk or sick I drive….through the years even when I’m drunk I’ve learned that I’m better off doing the driving (haven’t been drunk in years). 20+ years ago we came to a “forced conclusion” that I cannot handle being a passenger in her car without voicing my concerns and that stresses her out. We decided that since about the only thing in life that we get riled up with each other was when I was riding passenger and her driving so we long ago decided that I’d drive.

I can count on both hands the number of times she’s driven me in the past 20 years. She puts a lot of miles on and I’m constantly amazed that she gets there and back without incident. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My wife does really good, pays attention, knows Houston Texas like the back of her hand. She probably does better than I do for the most part. My wife has her stuff wired tight. Where she doesn’t is pulling a trailer or in near wreck condition. With that said, she can back a trailer as good or better than some men.

Thanks, Billy
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cousin is an LEO, when he sees a woman driving an a man in the passengers seat he gets suspicious.
Runs the License and more times than not it comes back the the man has an outstanding warrant and a suspended license.
Good for a stop.

"The older I get, the better I was"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (12344mag, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 300_savage, 44mc, 15 invisible), 1,890 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,693
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.