Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 87 of 315 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 314 315
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Houston_2, we need to know from someone as sharp as you what your prognostications for the future are for the next few years for our and Trump's future, please.

Surely you can see we need your perspiquity regarding what's in store for our country.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
What have we accomplished that's good with our 125 years of war????

We have the ability to impose our will. We’ve solidified a standard of living unlike anywhere else. People living in poverty in the US are richer than 80% of the rest of the world. All because people know what we are capable of.
Is that how Sweden and Switzerland ended up with an even higher standard of living than the U.S.?

Remember, our constant war making has made us a bankrupt nation and when WW 1 and 2 were over most of the world population was enslaved by communism. Quite a victory?

Your statement about wanting to move to Russia is very understandable.

You’re praying for Putin to win is also understandable.

You’re saying that you wouldn’t fight any invaders of America is also understandable unless at your back door.

Your disdain for America becomes clearer with each post on the subject of how bad we are and how wrong we’ve always been.
1. I am not contemplating a move to Russia although our USA is becoming totalitarian.

2. I do hope Russia wins the Ukraine war and puts a stop to NATO/USA and the world bankers promoting anti-Russian activity on Russia's border.

3. Correct, I will only fight invaders in my part of the country. NY, D.C., L.A., and San Fran are on their own.

4. We have been wrong to get involved in fighting foreign wars and have instigated several. Now we are bankrupt and in default.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
FISH CAMP

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would never move to Russia but I support their battle to remain a sovereign nation fighting for border security and the encroachment of NATO missiles and weapons systems aimed at them on their borders. They’re fighting to keep Ukrainian torture and murder of Russian speaking Ukrainian citizens. Since the end of the Cold War NATO has broken every agreement they made to keep their weapons off Russian borders and allowed satellite states to join NATO at the behest of America.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
I would never move to Russia but I support their battle to remain a sovereign nation fighting for border security and the encroachment of NATO missiles and weapons systems aimed at them on their borders. They’re fighting to keep Ukrainian torture and murder of Russian speaking Ukrainian citizens. Since the end of the Cold War NATO has broken every agreement they made to keep their weapons off Russian borders and allowed satellite states to join NATO at the behest of America.
For some reason we are itching to get a war going with Russia. I think I know why and it is to the detriment of freedom worldwide.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/ukraine-conflict-updates

Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, September 16, 2023

Riley Bailey, Karolina Hird, Grace Mappes, Christina Harward, and Frederick W. Kagan

Key Takeaways:

Ukrainian forces continued offensive operations in the Bakhmut direction on September 16 and continued to make gains in the area.
Ukrainian advances in western Zaporizhia Oblast have likely forced the Russian command to prioritize the Russian defense there and laterally redeploy elements of a relatively elite formation away from the Russian defense south of Bakhmut.
Ukrainian forces also advanced in western Zaporizhia Oblast on September 16 and continued to penetrate the Russian defensive layer that lies ahead of the current extent of Ukrainian advances.
Ukrainian forces have likely made a significant tactical breach along a section of the current Russian defense layer in the Robotyne area over the past several weeks that they continue to widen.
Russian ultranationalists continued to complain about endemic lying within the Russian military after Russian State Duma Deputy and former Deputy Commander of the Southern Military District (SMD) Lieutenant General Andrei Gurulev voiced similar complaints on September 15.
A Ukrainian naval drone strike likely damaged a Russian ship in the Black Sea on September 14.
A Ukrainian official confirmed on September 16 that a civilian vessel used the Ukrainian corridor in the Black Sea to reach a Ukrainian port for the first time.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un met in Vladivostok, where Kim viewed pieces of Russian weapons technology on September 16.
The Russian military leadership may be removing ineffective air defense officials on the pretext of corruption charges to avoid admitting the failures of Russian air defenses against increasing drone strikes on Russian cities including Moscow.
Russian military officials continue efforts to solidify Russia’s relationship with African states amidst changing dynamics on the continent resulting from the Russian Ministry of Defense’s (MoD) efforts to subsume the Wagner Group.
Russian forces conducted offensive operations along the Kupyansk-Svatove-Kreminna line, near Bakhmut, along the Avdiivka-Donetsk City line, in the Donetsk-Zaporizhia Oblast border area, and in western Zaporizhia on September 16 and advanced in some areas.
Ukrainian forces conducted offensive operations in at least two sectors of the front on September 16 and advanced near Bakhmut and in western Zaporizhia Oblast.
Russian milbloggers continue complaining about the role of the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) in perpetuating issues affecting Russian military personnel.
Russian occupation officials continue efforts to resettle residential areas of occupied Ukraine with Russians.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Houston_2, we need to know from someone as sharp as you what your prognostications for the future are for the next few years for our and Trump's future, please.

Surely you can see we need your perspiquity regarding what's in store for our country.
Give him a while, he's being one of his puppets for now. Must be exhausting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How is it to our advantage to be at war with Russia?

How is it to our advantage to have an alliance with Ukraine??

For that matter what advantage is there to us in sending our armed forces all over the world?

I can't see any.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
How is it to our advantage to be at war with Russia?

How is it to our advantage to have an alliance with Ukraine??

For that matter what advantage is there to us in sending our armed forces all over the world?

I can't see any.
Follow the dollars.

Absence is an audit of Ukrainian money.

May trickle down to the Biden crime family.

So, guess you not seeing the “big picture”….

DF

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to an article I read in a Sun Valley newspaper.

Paying Ukraine to fight is much more economical than building and maintaining our own armed forces needed to deter Russia.

Mitt Romney was quoted and I paraphrase:

Supporting the Ukraine effort is the best defense budget value I have ever seen.

The article claimed the war has set Russia back in military strength substantially.

The cost of Ukraine support is many time less than military spending on our defense to deter Russia.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
"The cost of Ukraine support is many time less than military spending on our defense to deter Russia"
To deter Russia from what? From doing what we are doing all over the world? Rigging elections in other nations? or from defending their border and sovereignty?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Angus1895
According to an article I read in a Sun Valley newspaper.

Paying Ukraine to fight is much more economical than building and maintaining our own armed forces needed to deter Russia.

Mitt Romney was quoted and I paraphrase:

Supporting the Ukraine effort is the best defense budget value I have ever seen.

The article claimed the war has set Russia back in military strength substantially.

The cost of Ukraine support is many time less than military spending on our defense to deter Russia.

Biden boomers and their clown world news. Really sad how dumbed down boomers are , getting news from local newspapers lol

Romney stated unvaccinated people were dangerous and kill others. Romney got Covid after being jabbed and boosted

https://www.businessinsider.com/mit...les-liberty-affects-my-health-2021-8?amp

Romneys family received hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes from the Ukrainian government for no show jobs at Burisma And Romnyvoted against an audit of the billions sent to Ukraine

But the boomers still think Russia will invade Idaho. Lmao

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A different perspective than what the mainstream is spewing

https://fb.watch/n6OYm6ZVuF/?mibextid=v7YzmG

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Washington politicians live and work in a bubble. They are carrying on the cold war that was defeated by Reagan in the 80's. The military industrial complex needs a patsy to keep military spending up. The CIA and FBI along with the other agencies have been corrupt from their inception. They create a problem and support their own solution that only exacerbates the problem. We have been chasing our tails over Russia since WWII. FDR supported Hitler and the Nazi regime until he had to abandon it because of the possibility of their world domination. our politicians are buffoons being controlled by big money lobbyists that finance their campaigns if they play by their rules. At present we have only an appearance of a government. Too many politicians have lived in Washington drinking that ideology for too long. They ignore the Constitution in order to play by their own rules in deference to the written laws of our founding.
I am not a great fan of Russia but I believe we owe it to our founding principals to live in peace with them. They would not be so much at odds with us if we were supporting them and trading with them. We have traditionally treated Russia as an enemy. Why would they act otherwise. If someone continues to slap you in the face why would you submit to their crime?

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by rainshot
Washington politicians live and work in a bubble. They are carrying on the cold war that was defeated by Reagan in the 80's. The military industrial complex needs a patsy to keep military spending up. The CIA and FBI along with the other agencies have been corrupt from their inception. They create a problem and support their own solution that only exacerbates the problem. We have been chasing our tails over Russia since WWII. FDR supported Hitler and the Nazi regime until he had to abandon it because of the possibility of their world domination. our politicians are buffoons being controlled by big money lobbyists that finance their campaigns if they play by their rules. At present we have only an appearance of a government. Too many politicians have lived in Washington drinking that ideology for too long. They ignore the Constitution in order to play by their own rules in deference to the written laws of our founding.
I am not a great fan of Russia but I believe we owe it to our founding principals to live in peace with them. They would not be so much at odds with us if we were supporting them and trading with them. We have traditionally treated Russia as an enemy. Why would they act otherwise. If someone continues to slap you in the face why would you submit to their crime?

That's pretty much it. Now prepare for Old Toot/Houston 2/Direct Drive/TDinka to tell you how stupid and unpatriotic you are.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Most of these [bleep] don't know a goddammed thing about serving, the military, or Europe. We've gone from a high of around 500,000 troops stationed there to less than 60,000. Most of the bases and barracks have been dissolved and torn down long ago. Very little of the equipment that would be required even for a small fight has long since been removed. People in the 80's and 90's didn't think we needed it anymore.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Most of these [bleep] don't know a goddammed thing about serving, the military, or Europe. We've gone from a high of around 500,000 troops stationed there to less than 60,000. Most of the bases and barracks have been dissolved and torn down long ago. Very little of the equipment that would be required even for a small fight has long since been removed. People in the 80's and 90's didn't think we needed it anymore.

Phil
They were correct.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil
The us has over 800 military bases around the world now. The US just invaded Niger.

How many years did you serve in Europe Philly?

Page 87 of 315 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 314 315

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 117LBS, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,257
Posts18,525,281
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.