Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
dpd Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
For all you Florida guys , Is Florida really trying to get rid of the Python problem ? Do they let anybody kill any size Python ? Can they be killed year long ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think you'd ever hear anything about it if you pop one out in the Glades.

IMHO, gators can be just as much or more trouble.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don’t need a permit to kill a rattler, moccasin or coral snake. They think I need training to humanely kill a python? TFF!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Don’t need a permit to kill a rattler, moccasin or coral snake. They think I need training to humanekill a python? TFF!

It is funny, Dan. And they don't want you killing them out in the wild? Where TH do they think these big pythons look for food?

A shot to the bean with everything from a well placed .22 to a shotgun is humane.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don’t need a permit to kill a rattler, moccasin or coral snake. They think I need training to humanely kill a python? TFF!
Dan, do you ever run across a Python?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Naw, I don't drive down in S. Florida anymore, and the slinky bastids don't like the cooler winters in my neighborhood.

I did run across a crocodile long time back. Mess up my front end a bit, totaled the big lizard.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always figured if I spent time where they were, I'd use a cheap single barrel shotgun shortened to 18".

And on something in need of eradication, I'd shoot what could be seen. Humane is certainly good, but the goal is elimination.

Guess it woul be the first and third S.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Naw, I don't drive down in S. Florida anymore, and the slinky bastids don't like the cooler winters in my neighborhood.

I did run across a crocodile long time back. Mess up my front end a bit, totaled the big lizard.
Thinking crocs & python skins have value. Is it worthwhile to skin one? Or are gov’t regs too restrictive?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dunno ‘bout skinnin’ the damn things. If my truck has its way there won’t be much left to skin.

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dpd
For all you Florida guys , Is Florida really trying to get rid of the Python problem ? Do they let anybody kill any size Python ? Can they be killed year long ?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Do people in Florida were python cowboy boots!

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So, you need a permit and you have to catch them live to later be humanely dispatched somehow? Or, can you grab your shotgun and go Python hunting and treat them like wild hogs, no limits, and leave them lay if you don't want to mess with skinning and all that comes with it?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MOGC
So, you need a permit and you have to catch them live to later be humanely dispatched somehow? Or, can you grab your shotgun and go Python hunting and treat them like wild hogs, no limits, and leave them lay if you don't want to mess with skinning and all that comes with it?

If you wanna keep them alive, you need a permit.

If you wanna murder the fugking things, have at it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Most of the pythons are in the Everglades. Access to the Everglades is increasingly and more severely restricted by the Feds. One of the ways in is a python hunting permit, but those are limited. On private land you can do whatever you want with them.

Joe Rogan did a show pretty recently with The Python Cowboy and he goes into it pretty well. He blames the feds for a lot of it. They shut down access to the Everglades, are pushing out all the old timey Gladesmen who live there, outlawing airboats and the like while the pythons are running wild.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m thinking a 12 gauge with a load of #4 bird shot would end his suffering.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thats what the feds do, protect invasive species. Look at the southern border!

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MOGC

If you wanna keep them alive, you need a permit.

If you wanna murder the fugking things, have at it.

Gotcha... thumbs up to shoot on sight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Most of the pythons are in the Everglades. Access to the Everglades is increasingly and more severely restricted by the Feds. One of the ways in is a python hunting permit, but those are limited. On private land you can do whatever you want with them.

Joe Rogan did a show pretty recently with The Python Cowboy and he goes into it pretty well. He blames the feds for a lot of it. They shut down access to the Everglades, are pushing out all the old timey Gladesmen who live there, outlawing airboats and the like while the pythons are running wild.

The Feds are working hard to eradicate the gladesmen that live over by Card Sound Road (back way into the Keys). Many live in the houseboats on the canals and have been there for 50 years or more.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by JoeBob

The Feds are working hard to eradicate the gladesmen that live over by Card Sound Road (back way into the Keys). Many live in the houseboats on the canals and have been there for 50 years or more.
The last time I was over that way it looked like they had got rid of all those near Alabama Jacks. 20 years ago they were parked nut to butt in that canal. I got detoured off that way heading to the keys a few times.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,495,014
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.