Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kroo88 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Seeing what’s out there.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
GB1

K
kroo88 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Up

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You looking for all original, re stocked with something like a Mcmillan, shooter grade or collector grade?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
You looking for all original, re stocked with something like a Mcmillan, shooter grade or collector grade?

You looking to offload any?

“That you will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.”

But, I have it on good information that "There are no ATM machines in hell".
K
kroo88 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Prefer close to original

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kroo88
Prefer close to original

Your best bet is to look at gunsinternational. If you don't find one here. Every once in a while they have very good deals, but you have to be quick!!!
Originally Posted by LightninHopkins
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You looking to offload any?

Maybe. I have a '61 fwt in a Mcmillan stock, that is an extra.. Still not sure if I want to send it down the road just yet though. Haven't shot it much.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Kroo...none of my business, but you are flirting with public shunning, hate, discontent and name calling if straying outside the Official Campfire approved list of rifles. Better to go with the enhanced structural polymer Tikka or even better a 700 with all the aftermarket upgrades of a trued action, new barrel, new trigger, new stock, new extractor, new bottom metal, and bolt with a handle that doesn't fall off if you drop the rifle. Old rifles don't cut it with this crowd. Jus' sayin'.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
And they don't shoot.

Attached Images
06.png (5.74 KB, 325 downloads)
K
kroo88 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Flint, don’t you just love the sporting goods gun guru’s face when you ask

“ Do you only have new guns?”

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Kroo...none of my business, but you are flirting with public shunning, hate, discontent and name calling if straying outside the Official Campfire approved list of rifles. Better to go with the enhanced structural polymer Tikka or even better a 700 with all the aftermarket upgrades of a trued action, new barrel, new trigger, new stock, new extractor, new bottom metal, and bolt with a handle that doesn't fall off if you drop the rifle. Old rifles don't cut it with this crowd. Jus' sayin'.
Old rifles cut it with some of us!!

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dusty246
And they don't shoot.

Very nice. Did you sell it yet? Your barreled action is awesome, from what I can tell. At least in how it shoots. The repaired stock, not so much. An excellent candidate for putting in a Mcmillan though.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Can't get what I want for it so it's back in the safe. Looking to get a Mac for it. It is fun showing up my buddy at the range with his $4000 rifles.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have one that I can let go.. pm me your number and I get some pictures out to you.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dusty246
Can't get what I want for it so it's back in the safe. Looking to get a Mac for it. It is fun showing up my buddy at the range with his $4000 rifles.

Hell yes, that is always fun. I'd hang on to that one. It's a great shooter. The right stock will also transform that rifle into something you won't want to get rid of. The hunters edge, or hunters compact is one of my favorites. As well as the Brown PoundR or Pacific Research. Those would be my pics for a fwt rifle. I have a Mcmillan supergrade stock on my 1961 fwt, but not as much of a fan of that one as I am the Hunters compact. Have also had the pre 64 pattern and those seem to weigh more than the factory wood stocks on the fwt rifles. No bueno. I'd just as soon have a good factory wood stock glass bedded for the action than mess around with a heavier Mcmillan.. To each their own..

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Cabelas in lacy wa had a 270 for 799
About 2 months ago doubt it’s still there
I can’t believe I didn’t buy it

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Really???

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Cabelas in lacy wa had a 270 for 799
About 2 months ago doubt it’s still there
I can’t believe I didn’t buy it

That's way too good of a deal to pass on a fwt 270!! You'll look long and hard to find a 270 fwt for under $1,200.00 these days. Sure it was not a std wt? Cabela's in different locations don't know their azzes from a hole in the ground about some rifles. That is something to keep in mind and take note of. I have a list of some Cabela's stores I've bought pre 64 model 70's and other older rifles from, below market value. The last one (270 featherweight) I bought (this year):
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

With a $300 Leupold on top.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I like guns | optics | fishing
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Nice rifle. Too bad about the aftermarket recoil pad. Priced too high, for what it is. IMHO.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Cabelas and bass pro…..The pricing they put online is based on the price they paid. I’ve seen several FWT for less than 1000 come across the gun library. The high priced ones are because some bonehead paid too much for it and they now need their 30%. If it comes in as trade, the price may be a lot lower.

Fortunately for me, I’m not a FWT fan unless I’m 7mm RM because it’s not really a FWT. I like Classic Sporters in walnut post 64 so that helps with pricing. I’m still looking for one in .270 or 7mm RM. I want heavy and 24-26” barrels.

Last edited by Brazosdog; 09/22/23.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,974
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.