Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Haha. I like Valsdad. It's kinda scary there's other people in this world that think like me? Aint nothing wrong with not spending money to accomplish the same thing.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My Pop and his buddy went to the movies about once a month. Both cut from the same stuff. On the way to the movies they drove past a pile of cut up pine boards at the cub on garbage day, needless to say they stopped and threw all of it into the car.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BLG
When my boys were at my fathers house, he would scrape unused syrup off of the plate and back into the bottle.

Damn. That's it, stop this thread with this one.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I love this thread, lots of good ideas

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think anyone is saving money on lawnmower gas like Valsdad is.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 19352012

Son of a......I was so enamored with his dual purpose clothesline I never even noticed that. That boy there got it going on. Doesn't even have to mow.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
When I was a CPT in the Army in the early 1970’s we’d go TDY to Fort Meade MD to shoot in the First Army Rifle Matches. The OIC of our team was a LTC who was the most frugal person I ever met. Back then officers had to pay for their meals and breakfast cost about $2.00. Fort Meade had excellent mess halls because it had a lot of high ranking officers with NSA and First Army HQ were both there. This LTC would go to breakfast with two full sized thermoses, one he’d fill with coffee and the other with orange juice. He’d fill his pockets with several apples and oranges and a couple of hard boiled eggs. Guess what he had for lunch? Apples, oranges, eggs and coffee and OJ to drink. He threw nickles around like they were manhole covers.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by BLG
When my boys were at my fathers house, he would scrape unused syrup off of the plate and back into the bottle.

Damn. That's it, stop this thread with this one.

Sad part is, he has tons of money. Didn’t have much when I was a kid but he invested wisely and saved. He grew up dirt poor so I can understand it to a degree. Lord knows I’ve tried NOT to emulate him in cheapness.

But I am frugal. LOL

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BLG
As kids are prone to do, they put a lot of syrup on their pancakes. When my boys were at my fathers house, he would scrape unused syrup off of the plate and back into the bottle. My old man is the tightest person I know. Would do the same with ketchup. He would add water to get the last remnants. Cuts open the toothpaste tubes to get the last bit possible. I could go on.....

Clyde

Nasty. Disgusting. Has your cheapskate dad ever heard of hepatitis? Yes, even innocent looking 10 year old boys can come down with it, and your nasty disgusting father would spread it to the entire family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I am guessing this person qualifies, after reading this thread I had to snap a picture. Washed Ziploc bags on the clothes line[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Working on a way to upcycle last years Christmas wreath too...thrifty.

IC B3

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by BLG
As kids are prone to do, they put a lot of syrup on their pancakes. When my boys were at my fathers house, he would scrape unused syrup off of the plate and back into the bottle. My old man is the tightest person I know. Would do the same with ketchup. He would add water to get the last remnants. Cuts open the toothpaste tubes to get the last bit possible. I could go on.....

Clyde

Nasty. Disgusting. Has your cheapskate dad ever heard of hepatitis? Yes, even innocent looking 10 year old boys can come down with it, and your nasty disgusting father would spread it to the entire family.

Well this was about 15 or so years ago So I guess the incubation period is over.?🥹 I’ve never known a single person who had hepatitis.

You’ve led a sheltered life if this rings your bell so hard. LOL

Never said it wasn’t, shall I say, healthy but I’ve eaten worse.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin
I will not call her a cheapskate, but, my grandmother would fly to the States from England from time to time for a visit. Once she bought a hand of bananas on the way to the airport.

Never owned a car. Walked, bussed, subway, etc.

They told her at boarding she could not take unpacked fresh fruit.

So she pulled out of line, ate them ALL, and then got on the airplane.... London to NY.....

Mom visited a cousin in Germany, while there she found some cylindrical paste tomatoes her host used to make sauce. She really liked them, so she dried a hatch of seeds in a paper towel.
She stashed them in her bra to avoid issues with customs.

Mom, The International Smuggler!

I don't do the water in ketchup.
Do it with steak sauce, it gets thick in the bottom.

My wife can squeeze the toothpast out of the pores of a tube.

Her Grandma used to drink half a 2 liter of generic root beer, then fill it with water. And repeat. First time I accepted a drink from her was the last. That root beer was clearer than weak iced tea.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 09/19/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I used to watch my grandma wash mold off of lunch meat and then make my grandpa's sandwiches. That old man never got sick either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 90's I was with a group from work at a Hardees. This was when fast foods first started giving free refills. There were four of us. when we were leaving another guy and myself threw our cups away. The two ladies we were with went and god refills. The next thing I know the other guy is digging his cup out of the garbage. He got his refill. That afternoon I waited until he went to the restroom and took his cup and carved an "X" in the wax on the bottom of the cup. The ladies asked me what I was doing. I told them how he went back and dug his cup out of the trash. When he came back I waited until he took a drink out of his cup and asked him about the X on the bottom. He looked at the bottom and then said. "Oh yeah, I did that." Then I told him I did it too to my cup. I was hoping he would think that when he went back and got a cup out of the trash he grabbed my cup and not his.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I forgot about this but what about the guys who try to reload 22LR ammo

Last edited by 19352012; 09/19/23.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by 19352012

Son of a......I was so enamored with his dual purpose clothesline I never even noticed that. That boy there got it going on. Doesn't even have to mow.
Mowed it once, in the springtime. A lot of that area right near the clothesline is bunchgrass, a perennial that lives through our drought periods. Over the 7 years we've lived here I've allowed it to go to seed before I cut it in late spring, early summer, and I've established more of it and fewer weeds.

We're on a well, and I don't like to waste water, or the electricity to get it out of the ground. There's a small "lawn" of sorts further from that area, if you look hard you can make out a piece past the right edge of the towel. Might be 50'x50' total area? Enough for the wife to do some agility stuff with the whippet boys.

I'm no fan of big lawns, having to mow 2-3 times a week like back east. Dumb. Get some sheep, or a goat or two instead of mowing all that stuff. Only real use I have for grass is the clippings help light off the chicken litter straw and shavings for compost.

And no gas in the mower, battery operated. No noise, no fumes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I knew a guy that blew his pickup engine so he rented an appropriate Uhaul and swapped the engines.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a fellow that only had one license plate for all his trailers which were all painted the same colour.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of my all time favorite customers here at the gun shop passed away last Thanksgiving day at 87. He was one of the best men I ever knew and he had forgotten more about reloading than most guys will ever know. We accumulate a lot of defective/screwed up ammo on the range; misfires, dented/smashed cases, crooked bullets, etc. We saved them up and gave them to Mr. Bill. He would pull every single bullet and salvage the bullets and primers. He'd even save the bullets from misfired .22s and melt them down, same for shot in shotgun shells. He would even salvage Berdan primed steel cases and convert them to Boxer. He just came from that time period where they wasted nothing, plus he was a retired widower with nothing much to do besides shoot and reload. I'd save him any 7.62x54R brass that I found and he'd convert them to 8x50R for an old Siamese Mauser he had. I got him PLENTY of decent brass cases, but even wanted the Russian steel ones. I miss him.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,901
Posts18,498,091
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.