Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In the market for an affordable 10mm. New to the 10mm.
I have had good luck with both the xd and sw in 9mm.
Sportsman has a couple 10s I’ve eyeing.
I really wanted a Manual safety and hammer vs strike firing pin. Just don’t see any in my price point. And since I’ve have both the xd and SW I’m open to either one and need help deciding.
Thanks

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...el-armornite-pistol-151-rounds/p/1829933

Or

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...lackod-green-pistol-161-rounds/p/1753942

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Based on what you really want, take a hard look at a Tisas 1911.

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Based on what you really want, take a hard look at a Tisas 1911.
Thanks but I just don’t like anything about 1911s. Maybe Besides looks.
Sorry to ruffle up some Feathers this early.
I really like shooting my buddies CZ P-O7, and the features it has. and what I’d like in 10. But cz doesn’t make one and when I asked , I did t get a reply.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't shot the S&W yet, but I can vouch for the XDME. Very easy to shoot with good accuracy. Some don't like the sights, but I like working with them. Trigger is excellent. Grip safety negates any needed for a thumb safety, and works perfectly - and since my hand injury, I have a problem with grip safeties on 1911s and the S&W EZ. Only thing I would complain about is the sights that won't cowitness with any optical sight. But I find the sight radius and clarity to be such that I'm not yet inclined to mount an optic, even though I have done so on compact pistols.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Springfield xdm elite

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have no prob's with my SA 10

After I got the suppressor high sights on

Why the hell ship a pistol that's OSP ready.......

And not install high sights ?????????

This is the 4.5"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My only 10 is a Glock 20 that I’ve had since before they had “Gens”. If I get another 10, it’s probably going to be a long slide Glock with the MOS cut for a dot. Just my $0.02.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks
I do love my xdm 9 hence why I’m partial to another XD.
But I like the sleeker lines of the SW better

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m having the same trouble deciding which to get. If you like the CZ - I love my CZ97B 45 - take a look at the Tanfoglio Witness in 10mm. I’m seriously considering the Match Elite or the Hunter (steel frame). Also in the running is an Sig P220 Legion, though I would prefer the higher capacity of the others.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My SW 4.6” hasn’t hiccuped yet on anything from subsonic 200 grain to full power ones at 1250fps. It comes with optic ready sights and magazines are readily available, plus it fits in existing 2.0 holsters. Apex makes a trigger for it that will make you think you question whether it’s even a striker fired pistol. The Apex is a game changer for the Smith.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
My SW 4.6” hasn’t hiccuped yet on anything from subsonic 200 grain to full power ones at 1250fps. It comes with optic ready sights and magazines are readily available, plus it fits in existing 2.0 holsters. Apex makes a trigger for it that will make you think you question whether it’s even a striker fired pistol. The Apex is a game changer for the Smith.

I've been reading about the problems the M&P has with heavy loads and wide meplat cast bullets. It seems to be mostly a magazine problem but getting reliable info from the internet is like trying to nail jello to the wall. Is yours a newer model? Have you made any changes that have helped reliability?

I've been looking at the S&W PC model with the 5.6" barrel. I just want whatever I get to be able to handle a wide range of loads - which doesn't sound like too much to ask...

BTW, I completely agree about the Apex trigger in an M&P - I have one in a 9mm and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by AZtwins; 09/18/23.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by AZtwins

I've been reading about the problems the M&P has with heavy loads and wide meplat cast bullets. It seems to be mostly a magazine problem but getting reliable info from the internet is like trying to nail jello to the wall. Is yours a newer model? Have you made any changes that have helped reliability?

I've been looking at the S&W PC model with the 5.6" barrel. I just want whatever I get to be able to handle a wide range of loads - which doesn't sound like too much to ask...

BTW, I completely agree about the Apex trigger in an M&P - I have one in a 9mm and couldn't be happier.

The problems with the S&W 10mms have been notable. Bearing in mind that S&W is pretty good about finding solutions and fixing their design in the next iteration of the design, it does not do much for the current owner, unless they intend to do something to take care of them. I personally have zero complaints about S&W customer service as my experiences with them have been top notch, so that is something to consider.

That said, when it was time for me to pick up a newer 10mm, I went with a Gen 5 Glock. The Glock 10mms have a good track record/long history.

As much as did not care for the XD design at first, they have turned out to be pretty good pistols. I did not find them to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but as a proper working tool, they showed their merit. Much like a Glock, it is not about the looks. It is about their reliable performance, ease of maintenance and shootability.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Ted!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

The problems with the S&W 10mms have been notable. Bearing in mind that S&W is pretty good about finding solutions and fixing their design in the next iteration of the design, it does not do much for the current owner, unless they intend to do something to take care of them. I personally have zero complaints about S&W customer service as my experiences with them have been top notch, so that is something to consider.

That said, when it was time for me to pick up a newer 10mm, I went with a Gen 5 Glock. The Glock 10mms have a good track record/long history.

As much as did not care for the XD design at first, they have turned out to be pretty good pistols. I did not find them to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but as a proper working tool, they showed their merit. Much like a Glock, it is not about the looks. It is about their reliable performance, ease of maintenance and shootability.

The problems have been with the 4" model...and I have one of those too. It did have the feeding problems. It was a mess when I first got it. At least half a mag would FTF and the mag would even fall out with full power loads. Made a trip back to the mothership and that solved about 80% of the issues. My thought is/was the slide was too light. I added a red dot optic with metal baseplate, replaced all the mag springs, and have not had a single issue since then. Fingers crossed, it's been about 800 rounds with one FTF that was a chubby defective reload I was trying to get rid of. The 4.6" one has been 100% reliable out of the box.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I purchased a new S&W M&P 2.0 10mm 4.6" in January. It got traded 2 months later following one trip back to the mothership for a new Glock 20 Gen 3. No regrets.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am having issues with my Smith M+P 10mm 2.0 4". I think I have made it through one mag since I have owned it that there was not a FTF. Bullet nose slams into top of chamber on the last few out of either mags I have. I have tried numerous brands, weights, and power levels and nothing works. Sent it back once and came back with same issues! I just got off the phone with Smith and Wesson customer service and they are going to send me a different mag to try. I did change recoil spring to a Galloway Precision 24lb and it continues to fail. I sure hope that they change feed lips or something on new mags so that this pistol will function.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stubwad
I have a couple Taurus revolvers. It can be a crap shoot. Great bargain when they do work my local gun Store says they get Taurus warranty work more than any other brand

We’ll call it Taurus roulette…. Kind of like kimber

Last edited by Dre; 09/26/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been reading about the problems the M&P has with heavy loads and wide meplat cast bullets. It seems to be mostly a magazine problem but getting reliable info from the internet is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Again - can't speak to the S&W, but I just got done running 15 rounds of the Doubletap 230gr WFN (all I had left) through my 4.5" XDM Elite with no issue. It ran perfectly smooth, just like it does with the 220gr Underwood cast FP and my 180gr XTP load.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 13 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,108
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.