-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just saw Jim's X post and it showed his last hunting journal from the Yukon this year and it described her as having stage 4 lung, liver and kidney cancer. Sounds not long for this mortal existence. I feel terrible for the Shockey family.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Grandmother died from lung cancer and never smoked a day in her life

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Sorry to hear that. It was always good to see their back and forth as a couple during some segments of the show.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
But for the grace of God, all of us would go.....

LOL
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My prayers go out to any and all cancer victims, and their families and friends.
That is a rough road to travel.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So sad, prayers to the Shockey family.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So sad...lost my mom to lung cancer she was 44 yrs old she never smoked a day in her life

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So terribly sad. I’m sure that through the years many of us thought that Jim Shockey had the world by the tail with his epic hunting guide business and his success in growing his recognition through various media outlets. Now I imagine Jim would trade IT ALL…all his years of financial success and his epic world travels for hunting, all the money and fame and endorsements for another 10 years with his wife. I certainly don’t envy Jim now and I’ll continue to keep him and his family in my prayers. I cannot fathom how one gets through something like this….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
That's tough to hear . Prayers 🙏

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by shortside
Louise was not a smoker... Lung Cancer doesn't only happen to smokers... It is just that life can be incredibly unfair and fragile. She is an incredibly classy and kind person, and I have nothing but respect and great feelings toward the whole family. They always took the time to visit and share a great story and never failed to share a hearty laugh whenever we met. Prayers of peace and strength for all involved.
Radon gas is a huge lung cancer risk in Montana.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I went on Facebook earlier, which I rarely do anymore, where I saw a picture of her taken yesterday I believe showing her hugging her latest book. Jim posted the picture and I thought she looked frail but overall she looked really good considering….

The post from Jim was a thank you to Simon & Schuster publishing for overnighting that first copy to Eva so she could see it.

I don’t fear death but if I do fear anything about death it would be what that poor lady and her loving family are dealing with now, the inevitability of “imminent death” and having to sit watch waiting for it to come all the while unable to slow or stop it as it insidiously consumes our loved one…and a piece of us that continue on.

God bless the Shockey family in these desperate hours.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They could surely use some prayers for comfort in their time of need.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
They could surely use some prayers for comfort in their time of need.

They’ve certainly been getting mine and will continue to through this incredibly painful time!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I went on Facebook earlier, which I rarely do anymore, where I saw a picture of her taken yesterday I believe showing her hugging her latest book. Jim posted the picture and I thought she looked frail but overall she looked really good considering….

The post from Jim was a thank you to Simon & Schuster publishing for overnighting that first copy to Eva so she could see it.

I don’t fear death but if I do fear anything about death it would be what that poor lady and her loving family are dealing with now, the inevitability of “imminent death” and having to sit watch waiting for it to come all the while unable to slow or stop it as it insidiously consumes our loved one…and a piece of us that continue on.

It's Jim's latest book and he had the publisher overnight him the first copy so Louise would get a chance to see the book

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer but was she a smoker?

What if she was? You're not a Debbie Downer. Just classless.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Better be ready to meet your maker at any time, as there are no guarantees for any of us. Prayers to the Shockey's.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

It's Jim's latest book and he had the publisher overnight him the first copy so Louise would get a chance to see the book

Gotcha….thanks for the clarification.

I thought she looked really good considering all she’s facing but aside from looking thin and frail she still had a bright light in her eyes and her smile was radiant…

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by M16
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer but was she a smoker?

What if she was? You're not a Debbie Downer. Just classless.

We are all trying to figure out where we will end up. Maybe snowwolfe used to smoke, and is worried that will result in his own lung cancer. That is the case for me. I quit, and my cancer risk has dropped, but it will always be there.

Prayers for the Shockeys.

Last edited by plumbum; 09/20/23.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Lung cancer is a beast. The few I've known with it didn't last long.

Bless Louise in her struggle.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I believe she has passed. Eva mentioned on Instagram just now they are saying goodbye today. Sad but relieved she’ll be made perfect now.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.