Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I left my employer 3 weeks ago to focus on my business and the new homestead. Things have been busy.

Our driveway is a quarter mile to the top of the ridge. Last winter was a bugger to plow with a total of 138 inches of snow so I bought a tractor and added a snow blower for the front. This week we gave the whole thing a new layer and laid re-claimed asphalt for the last 100 yards (where it washed out the worst.) A rock bed was added to the bottom to stop the erosion.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We cleared a quarter acre space for a garden and we grew a ton of food so we have been busy harvesting and pickling and canning and freeze drying the bounty. Digging a root cellar is on the list of chores for the backhoe .I built a small pantry for my wife but its filling fast.

I found a larger propane tank for the house and Generac whole home backup power system so we got that installed. The old tank will be used to heat the new headquarter for my company.

The building is coming along with some of the concrete work completed.

I found time to grab the bow and get some meat to go with all the veggies. Im targeting the biggest and oldest does as there are several old grannys they have not had a fawn in 2 years so the useless eaters will end up in the freezer. I have another doe tag and 2 buck tags so I will be firing up the meat grinder, sausage stuffer, smoker and dehydrator. Im fresh out of deer jerky.

I had not left the property in nearly 2 weeks. My wife thinks thats odd so one day she asked me to take the days orders into the post office in town. I dont know how I found time to work for somebody else. Working for me takes all day. grin Days go by very fast now.

Ive still not tackled that mountain of firewood but I did get my hands on 3 dozen wood pallets to stack some on to get it off the ground.

Now this might seem mean but this thread is going to cause renegade50 to loose his chit. Its going to cause a snow flake melt down. Get ready for an epic tantrum.

Last edited by sharp_things; 09/22/23.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice. Looks like a lot of hard work paying off !!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Tales of a poacher…..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No psychopaths allowed. Go away.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What business are you in?

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Poaching?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by sharp_things
I left my employer 3 weeks ago to focus on my business and the new homestead. Things have been busy.

Our driveway is a quarter mile to the top of the ridge. Last winter was a bugger to plow with a total of 138 inches of snow so I bought a tractor and added a snow blower for the front. This week we gave the whole thing a new layer and laid re-claimed asphalt for the last 100 yards (where it washed out the worst.) A rock bed was added to the bottom to stop the erosion.

We cleared a quarter acre space for a garden and we grew a ton of food so we have been busy harvesting and pickling and canning and freeze drying the bounty. Digging a root cellar is on the list of chores for the backhoe .I built a small pantry for my wife but its filling fast.

I found a larger propane tank for the house and Generac whole home backup power system so we got that installed. The old tank will be used to heat the new headquarter for my company.

I found time to grab the bow and get some meat to go with all the veggies. Im targeting the biggest and oldest does as there are several old grannys they have not had a fawn in 2 years so the useless eaters will end up in the freezer. I have another doe tag and 2 buck tags so I will be firing up the meat grinder, sausage stuffer, smoker and dehydrator. Im fresh out of deer jerky.

I had not left the property in nearly 2 weeks. My wife thinks thats odd so one day she asked me to take the days orders into the post office in town. I dont know how I found time to work for somebody else. Working for me takes all day. grin Days go by very fast now.

Ive still not tackled that mountain of firewood but I did get my hands on 3 dozen wood pallets to stack some on to get it off the ground.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Leroy hooked me up with that pic awhile back.
Sooo much material to work with on here.....

👍🏻🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🏻

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Trying to phug everyone in the world out of six dollars for .50 junk, one person at a time.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps someone knows who to contact on the archery forum so they might track him down... to discuss his "business".

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Tales of a poacher…..
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
No psychopaths allowed. Go away.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Poaching?

POS

LOL

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks good fella.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by renegade50
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

So what.

In all your life haven't you done just one thing that was a little bit iffy...or just a tad shady.

I have...and I am fresh out of stones.

Last edited by JSTUART; 09/21/23.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why are you pissing on this guy? It doesn’t provide anything of value.

[Linked Image from ]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Why are you pissing on this guy? It doesn’t provide anything of value.

Well sure it does.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by sharp_things

Looks like your living well congrats. I just did my driveway and put in a 60×100 foot parking area down back to park my equipment on. I was going to use crushed stone my friend recommended the milling. Cheaper and it packs down better. In the spring he's going to hit it with the roller after it's settled and I will seal coat it

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I just ordered three loads of millings @ $350 delivered to the top of our mountain.

18-20 tons each (no scales involved).

Driver has to pay $100 per load to the VDOT contractor doing the repaving work... so a $250 profit per load (less fuel and truck wear).

That amount of 21b would be north of $800 per.

I am satisfied... may order 20 more loads depending.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JSTUART
So what.

In all your life haven't you done just one thing that was a little bit iffy...or just a tad shady.

Same here... I do sketchy chit all the time...

Asking permission from .GOV has never really been high on my to-do list.

In fairness to Renny... Apparently the OP was on a high horse about baiting and poaching... then the OP got busted for same.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by JSTUART
So what.

Same here... I do sketchy chit all the time...

Asking permission from .GOV has never really been high on my to-do list.

In fairness to Renny... Apparently the OP was on a high horse about baiting and poaching... then the OP got busted for same.
If the government keeps passing the laws they do all of us are going to be outlaws. Bend the rules but be a good person.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
two things to the op

one - its clear you don't mind putting in the work and it pays off

and it looks like you are living your best life

I think every man wants to have a long road going back to his place and some self reliance living off the land. Only a lucky few get to pull it off.

Don't know the rest of the history with the poaching stuff so I'll let others comment on it.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/22/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (12344mag, 1moredeer, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 3,023 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,673
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.