Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Boy howdy that Stick fella seems to wind some of you up !

If I went and took a dump in the middle of a grocery store, it would wind people up too. What's your point?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Lol, I enjoy Sticks posts. Back when I did not, but time prevails and I see the value now.

The value? Stick has experience with many firearms, cartridge, and optics combinations.

What is the result of that experience? Is he killing a lot of game animals? Is he winning shooting competitions?

#Roundoak

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
He's just tedious. A one-trick-pony.

One third ignore him

One third get their titties twisted.

One third call him The Second Coming.

And the other third like to troll him to get the expected reaction, which will come. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Lol, I enjoy Sticks posts. Back when I did not, but time prevails and I see the value now.

The value? Stick has experience with many firearms, cartridge, and optics combinations.

What is the result of that experience? Is he killing a lot of game animals? Is he winning shooting competitions?

#Roundoak

Least Stick has value, you....not so much

GOA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Through the many pictorial displays I got enough confidence to begin using turrets rather than holdover reticles.

I learned way more than I previously knew about the mechanics of a chamber and die settings mating up properly.

I learned more than I previously knew about mechanical maladies regarding scope mounts, action screws, mag-box binding, improper stock bedding, manipulating mag-box feed lips to help a rifle feed better, and probably some other things.

But I still like SS Classic M70's. I still like M70 Fwt McMillan stock contours. I still like long action cartridges like the 270Win and 300Win Mag shooting reasonably low BC projectiles like the 140 and 200gn TSX's. I still use Talley Lightweights and I LOVE Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 and NXS 2.5-10x32/42 scopes, especially when I can find them w/the IHR reticle. I don't need anyone to affirm my preferences, nor do I really care if someone (especially someone I'll likely never meet in person, shoot with, or hunt with) outright despises my choices.

It'll all be OK, nobody is going to make you run extra laps or do pushups.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty "mean" to tease me about S/S Winny Krassick's! Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

In "fairness" however,PaulaBurnedHard can't remember the last time she shot a rifle,let alone a Critter. Aske her a simple question however and she'll change her Avatar. HINT.

Pardon my shooting wares that exist,in a magnitude that Crying Kchunts can't even begin to fhuqking fathom. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
when making adjustments I always tap on the adjustment dials with a screw driver to set the unit just like if I need to turn 4 clicks I go 6 clicks then 2 back and tap works great

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Nobody that shoots even a smidge,trusts or uses Reupold. They are the staple of The Do NOTHING Gang and their Couchbound Kchunts. Hint.................

Tony Boyer has won more than a couple trophies using and trusting Leupolds over the decades, but I'm sure you know more than him, or at least you think you do....hint... Phugging laughing

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Nobody that shoots even a smidge,trusts or uses Reupold. They are the staple of The Do NOTHING Gang and their Couchbound Kchunts. Hint.................

Tony Boyer has won more than a couple trophies using and trusting Leupolds over the decades, but I'm sure you know more than him, or at least you think you do....hint... Phugging laughing

Just a delusional moron living in a fantasy world. If he wouldn't have been booted out of several other forums for being a fraud and a troll, he would have seen otherwise. But, it's liar Larry, the pimp for Xi.

R
R
All my rifles have iron sights. They all have iron sights and QD scopes.

IC B3

R
R
All my rifles have iron sights. They all have iron sights and QD scopes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

That's recent years.... Go back to when he was winning 10 years ago or 20 years ago or 30 years ago when you still couldn't spell the word scope and he was using and winning with Leupolds. He made a name for himself with a leupold on his rifle.

Edit to add: Nevermind, you're too childish for that.

Last edited by bobinpa; 09/24/23.

TRUMP 2020
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

You know what you don't see on that list is an Arken or a Sig or a Sightron..... OR your name, anytime...ever! Looks like Leupold still has about 30% on that list. Phugging laughing...

TRUMP 2020
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Brokestick needs to call the Army and tell them they chose wrong with using Trijicon, Leupold, and S&B.

The towelheads that got painted on rocks by snipers didn't like the choice. Hint

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Interesting that almost all are using V133, with a burn rate around 3031.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Looks like Leupold still has about 30% on that list.

I wonder how many of the Leupold's on that list have had their adjustments frozen and have ele/windage adjustments purely on the mounts?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Hurt Feeler Reports NEVER disappoint. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by horse1

I wonder how many of the Leupold's on that list have had their adjustments frozen and have ele/windage adjustments purely on the mounts?

Not as many as some guys would like to believe. If you look at the list that was posted in this thread, there are none listed on that list. If you dig further, you can do a quick Google search for Tony Boyer or Super shoot and look at some pictures and you won't find many if any.

As a side note, while you are looking at pictures of Tony, you'll see he ran Leupolds for a long time and he has more HOF points than the next 3 guys behind him combined...

TRUMP 2020
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by horse1

Not as many as some guys would like to believe. If you look at the list that was posted in this thread, there are none listed on that list. .

Would they be listed as frozen? I can honestly say, I've never looked at a BR competition score sheet beyond that of our small club matches.

I don't HATE Leupold. But, I don't buy them anymore. I'm still 50+ deep in Leupold scopes, but, I no longer mount them on any rifle I'm going to use for filling big-game tags. Varmint and target rifles mostly now.

I got sick of:

A "roaming-zero" during different range sessions.

Having to sneak up on a zero with dialing past then clicking back to to reduce backlash

Tapping on the turret housing with something, etc.

Sighting in final POI/POA with the rough center of a 3-5 shot group because you can't get a precise POI/POA with the actual adjustments.

Only being able to move 1 turret at a time during sight in as if you move both you're as likely to end up either, half-way there, or 2x further than you wanted, as you are to end up where it was intended to be based upon actual input on the turret.

I used to be the guy jumping up and down swearing this could never happen and that it was the user's fault. The rings were too tight, or not tight enough, or not lapped, or, and, or, and, or, and, etc, etc, etc............

Then I used some scopes that did track accurately, through both the horizontal AND vertical at the same time, retained zero over multiple range trips, would allow the bbl'd action to be removed and installed without shifting POI/POA.

For a long time, I didn't know what I didn't know, until I did.

Last edited by horse1; 09/24/23.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 3,212 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,744
Posts18,476,110
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.