Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
2 people arrested near White House after ammunition found inside vehicle, Secret Service says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-people...found-inside-vehicle-secret-service-says

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
DC is sounding like Old Mexico, where Ammo in your car or truck can land you in Prison. 🤪😡😡😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If only they'd just had coke, SS wouldn't have figured out who they were.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford

No doubt. Or an illegally purchased handgun like Crackhead Hunter. 🤪

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/26/23.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife and I were travelling and decided to stop and see her childhood home, which happened to be inside the grounds of Fort Leavenworth. We arrived at the checkpoint, and it being not too many years after Sept 11, they did a cursory search of my truck. While searching, they opened the middle console and there inside was an opened brick of .22 ammo visible. They didn’t say anything or take it. We went on about our business.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
What do they do stop and search every vehicle? If so is there a perimeter and is it clearly marked?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Loaded mags in my glove compartment.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What do you think?? License plates for an area tells them what to look at!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford

Beat me to it.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
My wife and I were travelling and decided to stop and see her childhood home, which happened to be inside the grounds of Fort Leavenworth. We arrived at the checkpoint, and it being not too many years after Sept 11, they did a cursory search of my truck. While searching, they opened the middle console and there inside was an opened brick of .22 ammo visible. They didn’t say anything or take it. We went on about our business.

I don't know if things have changed since I retired in 2004, but you could buy firearms and ammunition at the PX back then. No problem having personal firearms in base quarters.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ammo .. yeah. Mostly also have the gun it goes with. I don't usually leave ammo by itself in the vehicle .. I prefer not leaving ammo to vibrate maybe affecting the powder coating and/or be affected by repeated heating/cooling cycles. Don't ever bet there isn't any though!

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My truck probably has some .22 and shotgun shells rolling around.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Winchester21
My truck probably has some .22 and shotgun shells rolling around.

Exactly, no telling what you could find in my 23 year old Ford. Then again I or it would not be around the White House...Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
DC is sounding like Old Mexico, where Ammo in your car or truck can land you in Prison. 🤪😡😡😡

I think that's what they're after.

Camp is where you make it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Some guys from work drove from Eastern Oregon to Alaska for a fishing trip. Crossing into Canada, border inspection found some loose 22lr rounds in the truck, under the seat.

OH SCHITT! Pistol ammo! They dismantled the truck cab searching for weapons and ammo.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Some guys from work drove from Eastern Oregon to Alaska for a fishing trip. Crossing into Canada, border inspection found some loose 22lr rounds in the truck, under the seat.

OH SCHITT! Pistol ammo! They dismantled the truck cab searching for weapons and ammo.

Worried about us bringing a pistol or anmmo into Canada . Meanwhile India spy agency whacking mother ph uckers in Canada

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There's always some sort of ammo in my truck rolling around, ending up under a seat or in a door pocket. I finally quit going to Lake City Army Ammunition Plant to work because it's a pain in the azz to clean my truck up for the vehicle inspection every morning going through the gate.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Any ammo in my vehicles is generally contained in a dispenser.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I have been pulled over for a “secondary” many times at the Canadian border. When they ask if I have any guns or ammunition I tell them I hope not, but I’d be amazed if there isn’t some loose ammunition floating around in the truck somewhere. They’ve told me they’re only concerned with.25 auto and .32 auto because, “That’s what criminals use.” I am not kidding. On one occasion they found a magazine loaded with.22 long rifles. The inspector indicated it might be a problem if it’s over 10 rounds which, thankfully it wasn’t. It was a mag for a Walther P-22 and only held 10. On another occasion, an inspector reaching under a seat said, “Here’s a gun.” He pulled out a staple gun just in time for my heart to restart.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a Virginian, I will say, stay the hell out of DC. You can only have in possession ammo that matches a gun you have registered in DC. You cannot have in possession any ammo unless you own a gun in that caliber. Not sure how it is now, but it was also illegal to have a fired case in DC. If you had a fired 9mm case with a dented primer, no powder and no bullet, and they found out, you were going to jail. DC is not taking any 2nd amendment case seriously.

DC is a [bleep]. The cops there are jokes.

I was up there once and saw two DC Metro Police motorcycle cops stopped at a red light. The cop behind kept moving forward and banging his front wheel into the rear wheel of the cop ahead of him - hard - as if he was trying to make him fall off backwards. Both cops were just laughing their asses off.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/26/23.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (160user, arky65, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, ar33c9, 11 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,888
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.