Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know there are at least 500 22LR rounds, at least 50 12 ga rounds loaded with 7 1/2 shot for doves, at least a box of 12 ga steel shot, at least 20 rounds of 12 ga slugs/buckshot for a shotgun only area I hunt and probably at least a handful of 308 rounds in my truck as I type this. On a side note I don't believe it is illegal to have ammo in your vehicle in DC. I spent a lot of time in VA when I was active duty and went to DC pretty often and there would have always been some ammo, mostly for waterfowl, in my truck every time I went there.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's a sad day when ammo in your vehicle leads to arrest. A DC court will make these people an example. They will be behind bars for a while. Meanwhile, Biden crime family rakes in millions from the Ukraine and China.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
why wouldn't I have ammo in my vehicle?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Why would I be in D.C.?

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Washingon DC restrictions on possessing ammo

Title 7 Subtitle J Chpt. 25 § 7-2506.01. Persons Permitted to Possess Ammunition
(a) No person shall possess ammunition in the District of Columbia unless:
(1) He is a licensed dealer pursuant to subchapter IV of this unit;
(2) He is an officer, agent, or employee of the District of Columbia or the United States of America, on
duty and acting within the scope of his duties when possessing such ammunition;
(3) He is the holder of a valid registration certificate for a firearm pursuant to subchapter II of this
chapter; except, that no such person shall possess restricted pistol bullets;
(4) He holds an ammunition collector's certificate on September 24, 1976; or
(5) He temporarily possesses ammunition

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I keep a loaded 10/22 in my pickup 24/7. When I drive to the big city 65 miles away I put it under the rear seat. Otherwise, it's leaning against the passenger seat. I've lived in the country so long there is no way I could live in a town or city.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gotta be one of the most stupid questions asked on the 'fire...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
F'm - I took a 357 to Cali, years ago. Took the kids to Disneyland (pre-woke, I believe!)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe

LOL. No doubt Poobah!

My point was how Commie DC and those that run it have become.

The article I posted was the stupidest schitt I’ve seen in a long time. Even by DC standards.
Two folks were arrested merely because LEO saw ammo in an unattended vehicle.
And it reminded me how far America has fallen, and how close we are to being disarmed by the Commie Leftards that run DC.

About 20 something years ago, when I was still doing gun shows in S TX, two dealers I knew of drove across the Border for supper and were arrested in Mexico for loose ammo in their vehicle. IIRC, one of them spent 5 years in a Mexico prison.

Just about every person I know, including family, friends, and most folks I’m aquatinted with have not only ammo in their vehicle, but at least one or more guns too.
Guess we are very fortunate where you and I reside.
But how long befor the rest of America becomes like DC ? Hopefully, I won’t live long enough to experience that schitt. 🤪

Like the late great Charlton Heston once stated : Something to the effect of “ I’ll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands“ 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am pretty rural.
I shoot stuff all the time.
I had to drive into town one day to pay a traffic ticket.
When you go to the courthouse you have to go through a metal detector.

I have a [bleep] of hardware in my body so I wasn't surprised when the alarm went off.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The hardware wasn't the problem.
I had forgotten to empty my pockets of .22 shells that I had been shooting rats in the chicken coop with that morning...😖

They weren't real happy about me bringing ammo into the courthouse, but gave me a pass after I dropped the name of my brothers who were at the time long time Sheriff's Deputies and Highway Patrol.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Not even close. GD

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Where you live, I'd be afraid some Mexican would break into the vehicle and steal the ammo.

and for the conversation about Ammo going into DC? I am from Fairfax County VA originally...

If the cops pulled you over and found ammo in your car in DC:
If you were white, they'd turn you any way but loose.
If you were black or any other type of minority, they'd just tell you to have a nice day, after apologizing about delaying your travels.

I only leave ammo in the one vehicle I drive, 3 miles over to the range and back home...

anything else, I have no firearm or ammo in my vehicles....If no other reason than the local meth head see it, they'll break into the vehicle just to steal the ammo...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, I have ammo in my vehicles.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by drover
Washingon DC restrictions on possessing ammo

Title 7 Subtitle J Chpt. 25 § 7-2506.01. Persons Permitted to Possess Ammunition
(a) No person shall possess ammunition in the District of Columbia unless:
(1) He is a licensed dealer pursuant to subchapter IV of this unit;
(2) He is an officer, agent, or employee of the District of Columbia or the United States of America, on
duty and acting within the scope of his duties when possessing such ammunition;
(3) He is the holder of a valid registration certificate for a firearm pursuant to subchapter II of this
chapter; except, that no such person shall possess restricted pistol bullets;
(4) He holds an ammunition collector's certificate on September 24, 1976; or
(5) He temporarily possesses ammunition

Number (5) would seem to absolve anyone...I mean, isn't any possession of ammunition temporary?

Mathew 22: 37-39

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Stupid. Ammo in and of itself is 100% harmless. The government doesn’t deal in common sense though. I had to occasionally go to go to DC for business with a previous employer. I absolutely hated those trips.

I had a few 40 S&W rolling around in a carry on bag that I forgot about when I flew to Calgary one time in my carry on. In case you are wondering, TSA is there more as window dressing and as a make work program for the government. They completely missed the ammo and I only noticed when I arrived at my hotel that evening. They promptly went in the trashcan outside the hotel entrance.

Tikka, you need to take “here kitty kitty” off of that Foxpro!

Originally Posted by tikkanut
never leave home w/o it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yours in Liberty,

BL
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Do bullet holes count? I don't, but wondering.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only in the gun on my hip at 8 o'clock.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
All my trucks have at least one pistol and rifle in them, and all kinds of different ammo, the only time I ever take them out is when planning to go to a big city where they may be stolen, momma’s Grand Wagoneer is the only one w/o long gun daily, we both carry our pistol’s, to many varmints to ever disarm local, ever, that’s one of the reasons we have our CCW . Not to worried about sheriffs department or highway patrol out here, they know all ranchers are packing.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
This is why I don’t drive to DC unless I have to, and then I go over my vehicle with a fine tooth comb. A couple of 22 shells will get you in a lot of trouble.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I wasn't aware of those DC rules. After 1/6/21 I made up my mind I'm never going to DC for a peaceful protest again, so a few bullets won't be a problem.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,825
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.