-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never tried suspenders before I started dressing 1836.

Suspenders, high waist pants with a baggy seat and a big drop-down button-up panel in front fer when you have to p 👍🏻👍🏻

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I wear hosenträger with my lederhosen. 😉. They are pretty fancy

Best advice you are going to get on here. This guy knows how to dress.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
laugh

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve never had a pair of suspenders on in my life. Do they bother your shoulders???

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This type?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Maybe Tonto or Phil can help...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
All of my suits are tailored for braces (suspenders) and have no belt loops (because proper trousers hang from the shoulder not the waist) so I guess I'll try to help...

Traditional braces are made with boxcloth or barathea, not leather. If you want to class it up with the traditional kit, then get a pair of Albert Thurston braces.

If your daughter truly is insisting that they're made entirely of leather for some godawful reason, then I found these abominations. Good luck.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Well, I raised my daughter to be a better person than one just running off to Vegas to get married.

Considering I've had to be dad AND mom to this girl I think I've done pretty well, and she's turned out to be a fine human being. Sorry for your luck, and not a bit ashamed of mine.

Wearing a pair of suspenders to her wedding won't bother me at all. Seeing her all grown up and not being my little girl anymore definitely will.

It is her day fella...you are doing right by her.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GreenMtnBoy
All of my suits are tailored for braces (suspenders) and have no belt loops (because proper trousers hang from the shoulder not the waist) so I guess I'll try to help...

Traditional braces are made with boxcloth or barathea, not leather. If you want to class it up with the traditional kit, then get a pair of Albert Thurston braces.

If your daughter truly is insisting that they're made entirely of leather for some godawful reason, then I found these abominations. Good luck.

Thank you for the Albert Thurston link.

And you are correct about pants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And to think people poke fun at my cycling gear.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

Thanks for that Albert Thurston link, I'm gonna dig in there later this evening. Hopefully they have size sasquatch.

No, leather is not the absolute requirement.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
And to think people poke fun at my cycling gear.

Most would prefer to dress like Fred Astiare rather than like a gay lollipop.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for that Albert Thurston link, I'm gonna dig in there later this evening. Hopefully they have size sasquatch.

They're adjustable to fit those who are very tall or rather prosperous in the middle. You should be fine.

Congratulations to you and to your daughter!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What does your husband think about your choice of apparel?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Obviously, he’s a smidge more refined in textiles than yours.

😳😝🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

😳😝🦫

How ya been Beav? What did you do on your sabbatical?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’m still categorically too young and not fatass enough to require suspenders. I still do fine with a belt.

But can anyone line out those thresholds?

It’s usually the skinny, old, no azz rednecks that need suspenders. Or weeble wobbles.

Congrats on the daughters milestone, FA.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a guy associated with Cimmarron Firearms that sells clothing and gear for cowboy mounted shooters. Can’t remember his name. I think it is Jack something. He has some nice period suspenders both leather and elastic. Might check them out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

😳😝🦫

How ya been Beav? What did you do on your sabbatical?

Been good, Paul. Thanks for asking.

I played on the tractor in the dirt and made a lot of dust for 4.5 months.

Glad it’s finally done for this year.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I still wear a belt too, but that's not the dress code for this shindig.

Daughter's orders.
Sorry, if daughter ordered me to wear suspenders to her wedding, I'd be watching the wedding on the cd player at a later date. Just like the one who decided she needed to get married in Vegas.

Well, I raised my daughter to be a better person than one just running off to Vegas to get married.

Considering I've had to be dad AND mom to this girl I think I've done pretty well, and she's turned out to be a fine human being. Sorry for your luck, and not a bit ashamed of mine.

Wearing a pair of suspenders to her wedding won't bother me at all. Seeing her all grown up and not being my little girl anymore definitely will.
Just running off to Vegas.......LOL

My kids well know, Dad don't do destination........anything. Dad don't do cities. Dad don't do TSA. And Dad don't do 'spenders.

If you want Dad there, you will meet Dad half way, and abide by these limitations.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100
$

This is a special day in your daughter’s life. We’re I you, I would do everything I could to make it a very special day and enjoy the ceremony. Wearing suspenders is not a lot to ask. It will be an emotional day as well. Enjoy and congratulations.

Exactly. Daughter wants suspenders on her men on her wedding day, her Father wears suspenders. How many of you wisecrackers have ever married off a daughter?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,732
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.