Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Anyone use these tents? Seems like a reasonable price? Do they compare well to any of the American made models?

Camp is where you make it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Kodiak, easy to set up, well made. Have had zero issues. Will be using it this October in Idaho.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Some reviews say that they're better than the USA made Springbar, for the money. I bought one earlier this year and have camped in it and I love it. I bought the 8.5 x 6 flex-bow vx. Plenty big enough for my wife and I.

Last edited by Jahrs; 09/27/23.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a 10x10 Deluxe and wish I had gotten the 10x14. It fits two cots and a cook table OK, but the 10x14 wouldnt feel as cramped for a weeklong hunting trip for 2 guys. The tents themselves are well made, easy to set up, and among the most windproof umbrella tents made. The Utah made Springbar is virtually identical, but 50% more expensive. It also has a steel cable running around the floor seam, which may give it more longevity after years of staking it down. I am good with the Kodiak. Nothing bad to say about it.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Limapapa
I have a 10x10 Deluxe and wish I had gotten the 10x14. It fits two cots and a cook table OK, but the 10x14 wouldnt feel as cramped for a weeklong hunting trip for 2 guys. The tents themselves are well made, easy to set up, and among the most windproof umbrella tents made. The Utah made Springbar is virtually identical, but 50% more expensive. It also has a steel cable running around the floor seam, which may give it more longevity after years of staking it down. I am good with the Kodiak. Nothing bad to say about it.

The 12x12 had a 8x8 "porch" you could get for it that made for the 12x12. It looked like a must have IMO. Could cook, eat, keep boots, and fire wood in it and away from the rest of the gear.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

This^

My son and I got the 10x10 and now wish we had gotten the 10X14. It we be better for 2 guys and gear.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have the the 14 X 10 and love it, used in al sorts of wind and weather. Easy set up ( lots of stakes) but rock solid. Best tent I've ever used, much better than the nylon types The 14 X 10 is a good size tfor two guys with cots and gear.

Last edited by Switch; 09/28/23.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have a 10x10 I’ve had for over 10 years. Best tent I’ve ever owned. I’ve used it all over in all kinds of weather and have always been dry. After a north slope caribou hunt in mine my uncle was so impressed he bought one for summer vacation. Now all of his 3 kids have bought their own for their families to take on vacation. We look like an advertisement for Kodiak at our camps in the summer.

Very good units.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How much is a 10x14?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have Davis tents and no opinion on the Kodiaks. Whichever brand you end up purchasing, get the next size up from what you think fits your needs

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have had the 12x12 for a few years. Great tents until it gets real cold, the I go wall tent and wood stove. My big buddy heater puts off to much vapor when it cold.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't own a Kodiak Canvas tent, but did shop 'em pretty hard and watched/read a lot of reviews when I was in the market. I ended up going with a Springbar Skyliner, their flagship 10'x14' model. You can fit 4 comfortably with Disc-O-Bed XL Cot Bunk Beds.

That said, almost everybody is extremely happy with their Kodiak Canvas and I don't think you can go wrong with one. Matter of fact, I'm considering a 10X10 Kodiak just for a second tent when I won't need the bigger 10x14 hot model.

Not sure if Sportsman's is having a sale, but usually these guys have the best pricing I've found for Kodiak Canvas tents - Competitive Edge. He's got some really good and informative YouTube video on the different tents too.

Just an FYI, if Made in the USA isn't an important factor in your buying decision, Springbar also offers an imported line that is comparable in price to Kodiak.

In addition they have a USA made factory seconds page where you can find 'em discounted anywhere from 10% to 20% off of the retail price, depending on the nature of the blemish.

If you decide to go Springbar, there is always discounts to be found in camping forums, usually 15%. I used "CRVL-15" to get 15% off my Skyliner, but not sure if that's still a valid discount code.

Springbar Factory Seconds page

Springbar Imports

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by mbhunt

This^

My son and I got the 10x10 and now wish we had gotten the 10X14. It we be better for 2 guys and gear.

I have one of each. Easy to use, never had any problems with either one. The 10x14 is definitely better for two people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy has the 10x14. It’s awesome.

Easy set up, plenty of room, good floor. Spent quite a few nights in the cascades in it. Little propane heater would get it toasty pretty quick.

They obviously aren’t light, but for truck camping👍

I need one.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
3 of my friends have them .Very good product

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the info folks, something I might just have to look into.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Heym06
I have had the 12x12 for a few years. Great tents until it gets real cold, the I go wall tent and wood stove. My big buddy heater puts off to much vapor when it cold.

The 12x12 I was looking at is a wall tent with a wood stove…

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by skeen
I don't own a Kodiak Canvas tent, but did shop 'em pretty hard and watched/read a lot of reviews when I was in the market. I ended up going with a Springbar Skyliner, their flagship 10'x14' model. You can fit 4 comfortably with Disc-O-Bed XL Cot Bunk Beds.

That said, almost everybody is extremely happy with their Kodiak Canvas and I don't think you can go wrong with one. Matter of fact, I'm considering a 10X10 Kodiak just for a second tent when I won't need the bigger 10x14 hot model.

Not sure if Sportsman's is having a sale, but usually these guys have the best pricing I've found for Kodiak Canvas tents - Competitive Edge. He's got some really good and informative YouTube video on the different tents too.

Just an FYI, if Made in the USA isn't an important factor in your buying decision, Springbar also offers an imported line that is comparable in price to Kodiak.

In addition they have a USA made factory seconds page where you can find 'em discounted anywhere from 10% to 20% off of the retail price, depending on the nature of the blemish.

If you decide to go Springbar, there is always discounts to be found in camping forums, usually 15%. I used "CRVL-15" to get 15% off my Skyliner, but not sure if that's still a valid discount code.

Springbar Factory Seconds page

Springbar Imports

USA made is a considerable factor. But there are A LOT of good reviews on Kodiak Canvas tents of several models.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Thanks for the info folks, something I might just have to look into.

Geno, I looked on Sportsman’s Warehouse website.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,928
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.