Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
"... Under the ADA and Louisiana law, owners of public accommodations are not required to allow emotional support animals, only service animals. ..."

Don't know about Louisiana, but I know there has been alot of hoopla with people taking their "ESA" onto airplanes!
The airlines "were" allowing it.
Then people starting bringing pigs, snakes, lizards, etc.
Not sure airlines still allow ESA's.

On a flight from Tucson, AZ to DFW, the young lady in the window seat placed a bag at her feet. Then a clawed, black paw came out of the bag! It was a cat. She and the cat have a Facebook page all about their travels and activities. She and her cat were quite interesting.
No, the cat wasn't an ESA.

You mostly see "therapy" dogs (animals?) at retirement and nursing homes and healthcare facilities. Their "job" is just to be soft, warm and friendly. Nonresponsive and nonverbal people will quite often respond to a therapy animal.

When my service dog is wearing his vest, he will drink, but he WILL NOT eat until we remove his vest.
An ADA certified "service animal" will not eat while "on duty"! It's part of their training as a "service dog".
Idiot people WILL try to distract your dog with treats. They think they are being cute. I've had them try.

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
"... Under the ADA and Louisiana law, owners of public accommodations are not required to allow emotional support animals, only service animals. ..."

Don't know about Louisiana, but I know there has been alot of hoopla with people taking their "ESA" onto airplanes!

On a flight from Tucson, AZ to DFW, the young lady in the window seat placed a bag at her feet. Then a clawed, black paw came out of the bag! It was a cat. She and the cat have a Facebook page all about their travels and activities. She and her cat were quite interesting.

You mostly see "therapy" dogs (animals?) at retirement and nursing homes and healthcare facilities. Their "job" is just to be soft, warm and friendly. Nonresponsive and nonverbal people will quite often respond to a therapy animal.

When my service dog is wearing his vest, he will drink, but he WILL NOT eat until we remove his vest.
An ADA certified "service animal" will not eat while "on duty"! It's part of their training as a "service dog".
Idiot people WILL try to distract your dog with treats. They think they are being cute. I've had them try.

People try and mess with mine every now and then. I had a dude tell me my service dog wasn't actually a service dog and was an emotional support dog or whatever, and was kicking us out of the restaurant. I was getting more and more irritated, but my dog was looking at me like "bro let's just gtfo of here and go home". Damn dog was right. Those emotional support people really screw things up for the rest of us.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by smokepole
Absolutely. No complaints about legitimate service dogs.

Service Animals were defined in 2011 as Service DOGS...only exception is mini-horses for the blind. Emotional Support Animals are a SCAM on their best day and other than rentals theres no legal accommodation given them.

The Service Dog thing has been so abused by people putting a vest on their pets that I can honestly say Ive only seen one real Service Dog in the last 3 years. I used to train them..I kinda know what to look for and 99% of what Im seeing are fakes.

Dang!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

People try and mess with mine every now and then. I had a dude tell me my service dog wasn't actually a service dog and was an emotional support dog or whatever, and was kicking us out of the restaurant. I was getting more and more irritated, but my dog was looking at me like "bro let's just gtfo of here and go home". Damn dog was right. Those emotional support people really screw things up for the rest of us.

@ingwe

I was at a photo kiosk making some photos. It was in the back corner of a Walgreens. My service dog (Rotweiller) was lying quietly, soaking up the cool from the tile floor.
I hear the front door open and instinctively turn to look.
A sort of chubby chick sees my dog and breaks into a run.
I quickly got him to his feet and stepped between her and the dog. The flying tackle nearly knocked me down!
She looked up at me smiling...and I realized she was a "functional, special needs" from a nearby home. Fat boy got some big hugs and a young special needs kid (probably +/-20, hard to tell) got a big treat.
As much as I brush/bathe him, he sheds hair....BAD!
Poor kid was absolutely coated with hair when she left, grinning from ear to ear!

The old man is 11 years old and depends on me now about as much as I depend on him! LOL! I haven't had him out in about 2 years now. He has hip problems and can't get in the truck and I can't lift him!
There won't be another service dog. I'll just go to a wheelchair or walker.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Service Animals were defined in 2011 as Service DOGS...only exception is mini-horses for the blind. Emotional Support Animals are a SCAM on their best day and other than rentals theres no legal accommodation given them.

The Service Dog thing has been so abused by people putting a vest on their pets that I can honestly say Ive only seen one real Service Dog in the last 3 years. I used to train them..I kinda know what to look for and 99% of what Im seeing are fakes.

In a just world only the blind get an assistance animal in a public space...no ifs, no buts, and no maybes.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

@ingwe

I was at a photo kiosk making some photos. It was in the back corner of a Walgreens. My service dog (Rotweiller) was lying quietly, soaking up the cool from the tile floor.
I hear the front door open and instinctively turn to look.
A sort of chubby chick sees my dog and breaks into a run.
I quickly got him to his feet and stepped between her and the dog. The flying tackle nearly knocked me down!
She looked up at me smiling...and I realized she was a "functional, special needs" from a nearby home. Fat boy got some big hugs and a young special needs kid (probably +/-20, hard to tell) got a big treat.
As much as I brush/bathe him, he sheds hair....BAD!
Poor kid was absolutely coated with hair when she left, grinning from ear to ear!

The old man is 11 years old and depends on me now about as much as I depend on him! LOL! I haven't had him out in about 2 years now. He has hip problems and can't get in the truck and I can't lift him!
There won't be another service dog. I'll just go to a wheelchair or walker.

Lol

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
In Montana Sheep are considered Service Animals .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Huntz
In Montana Sheep are considered Service Animals .

In Wisconsin they call them "first cousins."

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The whole ESA scam was for people get their animals on a plane without paying. People were always able to bring their pets, they just had to pay.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Apparently, the guy couldn't get a Komodo Dragon.

Less people have been bitten by Alligator service animals than any other breed.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...507-54574d61-9b71-4f56-a8b1-e2628b6c4943

Besides an attention whore, what kind of weirdo needs a reptile for emotional support?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART

In a just world only the blind get an assistance animal in a public space...no ifs, no buts, and no maybes.

Amen to that.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in a Dr Office waiting room. Big gal in there waiting wearing a moo-moo had a little chihuahua with a Service Dog vest on. Same cheap vest you can get off of Amazon for $12.

Anyway, dog under her chair would bark, lunge, go apeshît whenever another patient would come in. After getting it calmed down, it would sit there all bug-eyed and shiver and whine. Occasionally it would snap out and commence to furiously licking its azz-hole and munching fleas.

Oh but yall got your little vest thingies, so that makes it OFFICIAL!! LOL

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The easiest way to flush out the scammers is to ask them what disability the dog is trained in. They pause, heehaw around for awhile then just admit it is their ESA.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I’m as skeptical of service animals as I am of legitimate cyclists on roadways. Granted there may be some validity to it, but the concept has been exploited and beat to death.

I don’t like cyclists peddling down the highway or someone’s service dog smelling my crotch…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
It's all bull crap. Animals of any kind shouldn't be allowed in stores or public places at all. If you can't function properly in society, keep you azz at home. Your rights end where mine begin.

It's sad people's lives are so empty they have to drag their damn pets everywhere.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by scottf270
It's all bull crap. Animals of any kind shouldn't be allowed in stores or public places at all. If you can't function properly in society, keep you azz at home. Your rights end where mine begin.

It's sad people's lives are so empty they have to drag their damn pets everywhere.

Agreed.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Fück off Scott. Real service animals are necessary for some people to live a normal life.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I was in a Dr Office waiting room. Big gal in there waiting wearing a moo-moo had a little chihuahua with a Service Dog vest on. Same cheap vest you can get off of Amazon for $12.

Anyway, dog under her chair would bark, lunge, go apeshît whenever another patient would come in. After getting it calmed down, it would sit there all bug-eyed and shiver and whine. Occasionally it would snap out and commence to furiously licking its azz-hole and munching fleas.

Oh but yall got your little vest thingies, so that makes it OFFICIAL!! LOL

The little vest thingy is all these idiots have to do pretty much down here. Then everybody is afraid to do anything about them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

What problems have genuine service dogs caused for you?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What problems have genuine service dogs caused for you?

They're dogs.

For starters.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (204guy, 12344mag, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,462
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.