Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
LMAO

Nice staged photo of the one supposed female face down on the road.

She must have really got hit hard. Her nose is on the back of her head now.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 257Bob
The inconsiderate idiots I have to deal with on a regular basis (disclaimer, I've bought five bikes from my local shop, gave up road riding 'cause it's too dangerous and didn't want to be associated with these dipshits).

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
What is inconsiderate about that? The fact that a bicyclist is on the road, that they are on that road as a group or that they are two abreast?

Paul, where I live, Tallahassee, FL, our biking community has the attitude of "we have the right so F'you". I'm happy to share the road but many of our roads are canopied with limited visibility and two or three abreast with little regard for the line of motorist in their wake. Some of the larger group riders are openly hostile to motorist and will completely block the road making passing impossible. Just because you have the right doesn't always make it ok. I tried to get around this bunch, I came head on with a Mustang GT, I locked brakes and managed to tuck behind the riders narrowly avoiding a head on collision. A little courtesy from our biking community would go a long way.

Still a lot of blanks to fill in and you didn't answer the question that I asked.

What courtesy do you want from this group?

I'll guess that your problem with these riders is that they are not in single file. On this road, if the riders maintain a reasonable distance from the right edge, say 2 feet, passing motorists will have to enter the oncoming lane in order to pass at the state minimum 3 feet.

Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

If you have to enter the oncoming lane to pass them, then you'll be able to pass them more quickly if they are side by side.

Watch this quick video then tell me whether or not you agree or disagree with that assessment.

Now we are back to what courtesy you expect from them.

Now just a an FYI. It appears those riders are going up a bit of a hill. Riders don't typically stand to pedal on flat ground. That spells slow speed. Speed at which passing them would take less time and distance.

Paul, my primary issue is lack of regard for others using the road who may actually have somewhere to go but are stuck at 12 mph with a line of autos behind them because cyclist choose to ride on roads with limited visibility and put auto (and cyclist) in a dangerous position when attempting to pass. In most cases, single file would allow motorist a better opportunity to see what's coming at them and allow more options for passing. I can't speak for where you live but in my town, their general attitude sucks, they feel empowered in their road gang numbers and show little regard for others. I'm sure your experience is quite different.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Against the law here in Utah:

• Ride no more than two abreast and then only if you would not impede traffic (41-6a-1105).

Why would the motorist taking the pic want them single file?

Don't be obtuse.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

• Ride no more than two abreast and then only if you would not impede traffic (41-6a-1105).

Don't be obtuse.

Total political liberal move there. Why are you afraid to answer the question? Should be easy right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not playing your game Paul.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The inconsiderate idiots I have to deal with on a regular basis (disclaimer, I've bought five bikes from my local shop, gave up road riding 'cause it's too dangerous and didn't want to be associated with these dipshits).

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
What is inconsiderate about that? The fact that a bicyclist is on the road, that they are on that road as a group or that they are two abreast?

Paul, where I live, Tallahassee, FL, our biking community has the attitude of "we have the right so F'you". I'm happy to share the road but many of our roads are canopied with limited visibility and two or three abreast with little regard for the line of motorist in their wake. Some of the larger group riders are openly hostile to motorist and will completely block the road making passing impossible. Just because you have the right doesn't always make it ok. I tried to get around this bunch, I came head on with a Mustang GT, I locked brakes and managed to tuck behind the riders narrowly avoiding a head on collision. A little courtesy from our biking community would go a long way.

Still a lot of blanks to fill in and you didn't answer the question that I asked.

What courtesy do you want from this group?

I'll guess that your problem with these riders is that they are not in single file. On this road, if the riders maintain a reasonable distance from the right edge, say 2 feet, passing motorists will have to enter the oncoming lane in order to pass at the state minimum 3 feet.

Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

If you have to enter the oncoming lane to pass them, then you'll be able to pass them more quickly if they are side by side.

Watch this quick video then tell me whether or not you agree or disagree with that assessment.

Now we are back to what courtesy you expect from them.

Now just a an FYI. It appears those riders are going up a bit of a hill. Riders don't typically stand to pedal on flat ground. That spells slow speed. Speed at which passing them would take less time and distance.

Why would that many people want to ride around impeding traffic all dressed funny looking just alike? Is there some kind of Gay bicycle club thing going on there? Other than having to slow down to check ongoing traffic before passing I don't see a problem with this group.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not playing your game Paul.

And we both know why. Liberals will dodge, duck and weave when asked a simple question they are afraid to answer.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In most cases, single file would allow motorist a better opportunity to see what's coming at them and allow more options for passing.

I can go along with the easier to see what's ahead comment to an extent. I can see the car in the oncoming lane in the pic though. The slight bend in the road helps. An option to see down the road better is to do what you do when you are behind any slow moving vehicle that you can't see around. Ease left slowly until you have a good view of the road.

Every driver is different, but on that road I'll take dealing with a 2-3 wide cluster of riders over a single file line or individual riders all along the route.

How much time did you lose on this trip?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Just because you, Paul---a sample of ONE---exercise some common sense and courtesy that does not absolve all the inconsiderate dipshits out there who think it's okay to obstruct major thoroughfares. Bicycles are not equipped with halos for the riders to wear (but some riders do end up with one, no doubt).

As far as the tax thing goes, I'm sure many bicyclists own motor vehicles as well and pay taxes used on road construction and maintenance but that does not give them the right to use the road any way they please any more than I can use the road as a two hundred yard shooting range. Roads are for motor vehicle traffic. If they add bicycle lanes to them, fine and dandy. If you want to ride on a 55 mph highway, that's fine as well as long as you are courteous...I'll be courteous as well. Your rights end where mine begin.

Laws come and laws go...they get changed, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Getting turned into a greasy spot on a major thoroughfare for being a dumbass is permanent.

So you're ok with running over someone on a bicycle and killing them because they are on YOUR road and you own a CAR. You didn't happen to be with two young car thieves earlier in the week did you? If you weren't it sounds like you would have liked to have been .

You need a snickers bar....just sayin...

I must be weird or something, when I see a bike , tractor, kids walking, horse and rider, or whatever is in the road that all tax paying Americans pay for I just figure out how I'm gonna safely pass. I figure they have as much right as I do to be there. I feel strange for feeling this way but it is what it is.

Where and how in all hell did you come up with that???
I read what you typed. You seemingly have contempt for anyone on your road. FTR it's not exclusively yours.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
Just because you, Paul---a sample of ONE---exercise some common sense and courtesy that does not absolve all the inconsiderate dipshits out there who think it's okay to obstruct major thoroughfares. Bicycles are not equipped with halos for the riders to wear (but some riders do end up with one, no doubt).

As far as the tax thing goes, I'm sure many bicyclists own motor vehicles as well and pay taxes used on road construction and maintenance but that does not give them the right to use the road any way they please any more than I can use the road as a two hundred yard shooting range. Roads are for motor vehicle traffic. If they add bicycle lanes to them, fine and dandy. If you want to ride on a 55 mph highway, that's fine as well as long as you are courteous...I'll be courteous as well. Your rights end where mine begin.

Laws come and laws go...they get changed, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Getting turned into a greasy spot on a major thoroughfare for being a dumbass is permanent.

So you're ok with running over someone on a bicycle and killing them because they are on YOUR road and you own a CAR. You didn't happen to be with two young car thieves earlier in the week did you? If you weren't it sounds like you would have liked to have been .

I must be weird or something, when I see a bike , tractor, kids walking, horse and rider, or whatever is in the road that all tax paying Americans pay for I just figure out how I'm gonna safely pass. I figure they have as much right as I do to be there. I feel strange for feeling this way but it is what it is.

He must be a Biden voter.

Not even close pal....

" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Personally as a rider on a road like that with the long no passing sections I would prefer to be in a group of 3-4 at most. Riding by myself it's easy to use any driveway or wide spot to get out of the way of traffic. Honestly I doubt I'd ride a road like that if I could avoid it.

Depending on the length of the no passing zone, the speed limit and their actual speed I might or might not be annoyed with that group. If I was stuck behind them with 15 other vehicles at 10 MPH in a 55 zone I'd be cussing about it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

He must be a Biden voter.

Not even close pal....

Don't expect to have a grown-up conversation with Rick. He's special needs.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

I read what you typed. You seemingly have contempt for anyone on your road. FTR it's not exclusively yours.

Well you are warming my heart with the thought of a greasy spot in the road. Do you jack with people much while riding a bicycle?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In my opinion, it is bicyclists who need an attitude adjustment. What I have seen in my locale over the last decade reminds me of those who consider themselves privileged to take whatever they want from everyone else.

I was travelling US 156 between Justin and Ponder one afternoon when I came upon a slew of bicyclists headed the same direction. The speed limit is 60 mph through that stretch. The bicyclists had about TEN FEET of marked shoulder to use as they please, easily riding three abreast without encroaching on the roadway. Yet when I was passing a pack of them one of these ASSHOLES swung out into the roadway in front of me to try to force me to slow me down to 10 mph like they were making. That got the ASSHOLE nothing but a finger salute, but I can imagine someone wanting to ventilate his ass or accidentally knock him off that bike. He'd have deserved it.

Bicyclists do not pay the taxes to build and maintain roads. Motorists do.

Are you saying they came off of the shoulder into your lane as you were passing? That's odd. Most bicyclists on road bikes don't like to hit the rumble strips.

Obviously most of us never see the "perfect" bicyclists you hang out with. My ex father in law, the county sheriff had enough of the asswipes and had his deputies start issuing tickets for obstructing the roadway to the the jerks. And what do you know haven't seen a troop of them azzholes in our area for 3 years. Outfuckingstanding!

Regular Bicycle Nazi was he?

Say, where you at on the corner crossing issue in Wy. I mean all that land locked land is ours correct?

NRA Life, GOA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
here in Minnesota where i live the regular people who live around our area that ride bikes are decent and respectful when riding their bikes on the rodes. we have trouble with these liberal city bike riders who live south of us about 60- 70 miles come up out of the burned cities and are in big groups taking up the road and act like [bleep]. no one likes these large group of cyclist i can see why some places people have hit them , i try tp avoid them .i have had large groups of Harley bikers come by and they have never act like those liberal cyclists on a bike.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually I can weld and am cert. F4. I like the spinning knives though. Campfirers' want blood and guts outa' those two wheeled heathen's messing up their Motorways. Gotta feed the "Drivers" lusts!

How about a 5" ID pipe bumper full width.
Put a 4" OD pipe inside, with an air actuator, and a spring.
All about 20" off the ground.

You can figure the rest out.

Would never do something like this though.
Inconsiderate fools are never worth one becoming what such actions
would make one.

Paul,
Ya got me. Again!🙃

Personally, it's this simple.

Highways are for transportation. Period.
Not intended or built for recreation.
It's why bike lanes are largely non-existent in our country. Almost no one uses a bike for transportation. (Comparatively)

Ag equipment, construction equipment all are required to have big high visibility signs and/or flashing lights when on the road.
Trucks are required to run 4-ways at slow(slower than traffic speeds)
Some roads have pull offs trucks are required to use so traffic can pass. Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent for truck climbing lanes, to keep from impeding traffic.

However, someone (with an agenda) has decided to promote
bike riding. Greenies, the anti car folks, those promoting exercise,
folks looking to cash in? But it's certainly a Thing in the last 30 years.

IDGAF if it's a truck, tractor, back hoe, bike, or a bunch of Leaf Looking Old Farts, common decency is to not impose on others. (I know you dont!)

Also DGAF if folks want to enjoy a bike ride around here, hope they enjoy themselves. They just need to consider what they are doing.
Make every attempt to show some consideration if they expect to receive some. I've never understood what's so bad about them stopping and getting off the road if they get a big line backed up.
It's less inconvenient for them, than going 10mph is for 20 cars.
And it would be safer for everyone.

The issue is Power.
Too many (but a small sampling) has become militant about their
power to claim the road. I'd love to be in a car with them, on our mountain roads, when they got stuck behind a group of bikes and couldn't pass. Just to see how patient they were then.

PS
This area isn't big with bikes even though it would seem to be a great
ride. The only groups we see are crossing on US 30. I'm guessing that we have a bad reputation. The editorials in the paper have often included a letter from a bike rider in one of those cross country groups. "Having ridden almost the whole way across our great.......the drivers in Bedford County are the rudest we have...!"

Ironic, because there are often totally opposite type letters from visitors who don't impose on locals when they visit.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 09/29/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
"I don't know any driver who ALWAYS goes the speed limit" Hopefully they are going faster than the speed limit.

"When bicyclists do it, they do it for reasons of safety." Calling bs on this.

"Who poses the greater risk to others when they break the law?" Bicyclists, because bodily injury is more likely if they are involved. If there is bodily injury, there are going to be lawyers, expense, and maybe the threat of jail time.

It isn't about following the laws. More about showing respect for others.

Imagine if walking in bike lanes became a popular pastime and it was illegal to leave the bike lane to pass (like the double yellow in the picture) and the walkers didn't let you go by. Happens once, nothing burger, happens on a regular basis it might get annoying. Especially if you were trying to keep your speed up on a bicycle for whatever reason.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvnv
It isn't about following the laws. .

Glad to have that out of the way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Actually I can weld and am cert. F4. I like the spinning knives though. Campfirers' want blood and guts outa' those two wheeled heathen's messing up their Motorways. Gotta feed the "Drivers" lusts!

How about a 5" ID pipe bumper full width.
Put a 4" OD pipe inside, with an air actuator, and a spring.
All about 20" off the ground.

You can figure the rest out.

Thats your idea. I like the spinning knives one.

NRA Life, GOA
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
In my opinion, it is bicyclists who need an attitude adjustment. What I have seen in my locale over the last decade reminds me of those who consider themselves privileged to take whatever they want from everyone else.

I was travelling US 156 between Justin and Ponder one afternoon when I came upon a slew of bicyclists headed the same direction. The speed limit is 60 mph through that stretch. The bicyclists had about TEN FEET of marked shoulder to use as they please, easily riding three abreast without encroaching on the roadway. Yet when I was passing a pack of them one of these ASSHOLES swung out into the roadway in front of me to try to force me to slow me down to 10 mph like they were making. That got the ASSHOLE nothing but a finger salute, but I can imagine someone wanting to ventilate his ass or accidentally knock him off that bike. He'd have deserved it.

Bicyclists do not pay the taxes to build and maintain roads. Motorists do.
BOOM!

Drop the mic.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.