Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone ever feel like ya should be on the payroll at these types of fuel centers?

I mean where is my W-2 ??

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ok...I did laugh.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't remember the last time I saw a gas station pump jockey anywhere in Texas. I feel sorry for folks who get their car/truck paint scratched to hell every time a pump jockey bangs the nozzle all around the filler opening.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just trying to determine if Self Checkout Register Derangement Syndrome, transcends into Self Serve gas pumps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I clean out my truck and take my sweet time at the pump - go inside and get a Moon Pie and an RC Cola and a bag of peanuts.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I like the ones with the ever repeating gas station news

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I prefer the one in my area. And it’s always a few cents less. And they have non-ethanol.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I clean out my truck and take my sweet time at the pump - go inside and get a Moon Pie and an RC Cola and a bag of peanuts.

Most of the time I don’t even pump gas when I park at the pump. I just try to learn all those folks that are in a hurry that they should have started earlier.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Most of the time I don’t even pump gas when I park at the pump. I just try to learn all those folks that are in a hurry that they should have started earlier.
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I don't drive fast either, because I'll get there when I'm good and ready, if I didn't start earlier it's because I didn't want to get there earlier.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Anyone ever feel like ya should be on the payroll at these types of fuel centers?

I mean where is my W-2 ??

Nah, because if I was on the payroll I'd have to empty the overflowing trash cans, put fluid in the windshield washer reservoirs, throw out the old ripped up squeegee, pick up the trash and such.

You know, like we do in first world countries.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I clean out my truck and take my sweet time at the pump - go inside and get a Moon Pie and an RC Cola and a bag of peanuts." ... and a nickels wuff of baloney dog."
grin

Fixed it for you. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you put the peanuts in the RC Cola? That’s what I used to do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do ya'll cuss too, when you pay with your debit card and it doesn't give you a reciept?

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Felony in Oregon...

BE CAREFUL...

"The Man" is always watching...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I miss the good old days 1970s or so when you had full service & self serve. Especially at these country gas stations where the attendant would come out with a Dan Aykroyd Ghostbusters cigarette hanging off of his lower lip and asking you how much gas you want and proceed to pump gas while smoking a cigarette

Last edited by GAGoober; 09/30/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Felony in Oregon...

BE CAREFUL...

Not anymore.

CNN

All gas stations in Oregon can now allow customers to pump their own gas under a new law signed Friday, lifting a ban on self-service in the state dating back to 1951.

The new law, House Bill 2426, signed Friday by Democratic Gov. Tina Kotek went into effect immediately, leaving New Jersey as the only state in the US where service station customers can’t pump their own fuel.

The law does not phase out full service completely in Oregon’s 16 most populous counties. It requires that no more than half of pumps at any service station be self-serve, and that at least one gas station employee in those communities be available at all times to pump gas. Stations cannot charge more for full service.

While Oregon had banned self-service, the state did allow for exceptions in smaller communities and during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The full service requirement has historically been a contentious topic in Oregon and New Jersey, with reasons given for sticking with the old mandate ranging from flammable liquid safety to preserving the jobs of gas station attendants.

“This bill is clear favoritism for big oil companies over the interests of workers,” said Dan Clay, president of UFCW Local 555, the union that represents grocery store workers in Oregon.

In Kotek’s signing statement, she acknowledged that only a “narrow majority” of people who had written to her since the bill’s passage were in favor of the law.

One driver, Steven Brown, told CNN affiliate KATU that he knows how to pump gas himself, but plans to stick with an attendant’s help.
“Not so interested in self-serve because I’m old. I mean, it’s actually a job to get out and pump your own gas,” Brown said.

Other drivers, including those from other states, said they were happy to have the option.

“It being busy and having to wait on the gas station attendants was sometimes really annoying. So, having it as an option is sweet,” California native Erik Atienza told KATU at a service station in Portland.

In New Jersey – where it’s been illegal for drivers to pump their own gas since 1949 – the self-service ban, along with the state’s reputation for low gas prices, is part of its culture. One popular bumper sticker in the state proclaims “Jersey Girls Don’t Pump Gas.”

The state’s residents have little interest in self-service. A 2022 poll found that 73% of them say they prefer having their gas pumped for them

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Felony in Oregon...

BE CAREFUL...

Not anymore.

CNN

All gas stations in Oregon can now allow customers to pump their own gas under a new law signed Friday, lifting a ban on self-service in the state dating back to 1951.

The new law, House Bill 2426, signed Friday by Democratic Gov. Tina Kotek went into effect immediately, leaving New Jersey as the only state in the US where service station customers can’t pump their own fuel.

The law does not phase out full service completely in Oregon’s 16 most populous counties. It requires that no more than half of pumps at any service station be self-serve, and that at least one gas station employee in those communities be available at all times to pump gas. Stations cannot charge more for full service.

While Oregon had banned self-service, the state did allow for exceptions in smaller communities and during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The full service requirement has historically been a contentious topic in Oregon and New Jersey, with reasons given for sticking with the old mandate ranging from flammable liquid safety to preserving the jobs of gas station attendants.

“This bill is clear favoritism for big oil companies over the interests of workers,” said Dan Clay, president of UFCW Local 555, the union that represents grocery store workers in Oregon.

In Kotek’s signing statement, she acknowledged that only a “narrow majority” of people who had written to her since the bill’s passage were in favor of the law.

One driver, Steven Brown, told CNN affiliate KATU that he knows how to pump gas himself, but plans to stick with an attendant’s help.
“Not so interested in self-serve because I’m old. I mean, it’s actually a job to get out and pump your own gas,” Brown said.

Other drivers, including those from other states, said they were happy to have the option.

“It being busy and having to wait on the gas station attendants was sometimes really annoying. So, having it as an option is sweet,” California native Erik Atienza told KATU at a service station in Portland.

In New Jersey – where it’s been illegal for drivers to pump their own gas since 1949 – the self-service ban, along with the state’s reputation for low gas prices, is part of its culture. One popular bumper sticker in the state proclaims “Jersey Girls Don’t Pump Gas.”

The state’s residents have little interest in self-service. A 2022 poll found that 73% of them say they prefer having their gas pumped for them

HOLY CHIT...

Yippee ki-yay mudderfugger...

Go Oregon Go!!!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I like the ones with the ever repeating gas station news

The second button down on the right of the screen will take care of that. Push it one time and see what happens.

“That you will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.”

But, I have it on good information that "There are no ATM machines in hell".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you remember when?...

With the lovely Valerie Hawkins.

smile

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Had a Gulf card back in the day. Could buy not only gas but beer, etc and even cover dinner or a stay at the Holiday Inn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.