Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Couple more desirable chamberings; very decent prices.

Hope someone here can grab one or more.

Happy Sunday.

Edit - couple are better than decent deals. One is flat out smokin’.

Last edited by AKwolverine; 09/24/23. Reason: Noticed scope included
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
A big thanks AK, I am in for the 375 H&H, the 270 was gone or I might have jumped that as well. Spoke to the seller Richard on the phone and got an email off to him, so far so good.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great rifles at almost unbelievable prices. Guy left a bunch of money on the table with a couple of those guns. Got his prices out of a gun value book which doesn't always hold true on left hand Model 70's. Congratulations to those who snagged one they wanted.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by adamsguy
A big thanks AK, I am in for the 375 H&H, the 270 was gone or I might have jumped that as well. Spoke to the seller Richard on the phone and got an email off to him, so far so good.
Glad you were able to grab it. That was definitely the deal of the bunch, although the 270 was close behind.

Two of the harder LH chamberings to find.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just saw the .375 this morning. Heck of a deal! Hope someone here snags it

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Priced to sell... Good snags...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So far I've had really good luck buying rifles online. I've made some good deals & have worked with some great sellers. But I have had one bad experience. A really nice Sako appeared for sale in a small out-of-the-way town near where I lived. So I inquired about it. Got an enthusiastic reply. Then I mentioned meeting the person to purchase it locally & avoid shipping & things got sketchy really fast. GunBroker wound up shutting down this compromised account after I forwarded some of the emails.

When I saw the LH 375 H&H listed I got really excited about it. Then I saw that the seller had been a member since 09/21/2023. That's not much of a track record. He has 29 rifles to sell all in excellent condition at great prices. And he lives in zip code 92307? This is what zip code 92307 looks like:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anyway, as tempting as it was to send a $1,675 to this out-of-the-way place and hope that a beautiful Winchester Model 70 with a classic Leupold scope would appear, it was just too reminiscent of my previous bad experience to give me the confidence level I needed. I sincerely hope that people start receiving rifles at their FFL and tell me that I missed a great deal. I'll be both happy & relieved for you that I got it wrong.

I would be curious to know what would happen if someone said they lived in Barstow & would like to stop by & see this great collection. Caveat Emptor

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by odonata
So far I've had really good luck buying rifles online. I've made some good deals & have worked with some great sellers. But I have had one bad experience. A really nice Sako appeared for sale in a small out-of-the-way town near where I lived. So I inquired about it. Got an enthusiastic reply. Then I mentioned meeting the person to purchase it locally & avoid shipping & things got sketchy really fast. GunBroker wound up shutting down this compromised account after I forwarded some of the emails.

When I saw the LH 375 H&H listed I got really excited about it. Then I saw that the seller had been a member since 09/21/2023. That's not much of a track record. He has 29 rifles to sell all in excellent condition at great prices. And he lives in zip code 92307? This is what zip code 92307 looks like:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anyway, as tempting as it was to send a $1,675 to this out-of-the-way place and hope that a beautiful Winchester Model 70 with a classic Leupold scope would appear, it was just too reminiscent of my previous bad experience to give me the confidence level I needed. I sincerely hope that people start receiving rifles at their FFL and tell me that I missed a great deal. I'll be both happy & relieved for you that I got it wrong.

I would be curious to know what would happen if someone said they lived in Barstow & would like to stop by & see this great collection. Caveat Emptor

My wife and her in laws lived an hour east of there when I met her. As bad as it looks, I'd not be too concerned about it. If he has 29 rifles listed, that means he paid 18 bucks per rifle to list them (per GI listing fees), so just to list those he spent over 500 bucks.

I know when I first got into listing things on GI and GB, I had smoking deals and my account had no track record to speak of. I tend to consider all these facts and give people like this (though there are some real scuzzes out there) the benefit of the doubt.

You can never have too many hashbrowns.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nhenry
My wife and her in laws lived an hour east of there when I met her. As bad as it looks, I'd not be too concerned about it. If he has 29 rifles listed, that means he paid 18 bucks per rifle to list them (per GI listing fees), so just to list those he spent over 500 bucks.

I know when I first got into listing things on GI and GB, I had smoking deals and my account had no track record to speak of. I tend to consider all these facts and give people like this (though there are some real scuzzes out there) the benefit of the doubt.

The fact that the rifles were all shot in front of the same background gave me pause because that is an indication that all of these rifles were in the same location together and that they weren't just randomly grabbed off of the internet like I've seen some compromised eBay accounts with hundreds of high-dollar items do. Just as I would feel bad if someone lost their money, I would feel equally as bad if my personal level of precaution made someone miss out on a great deal they decided not to pursue.

I was just throwing out some observations for consideration but I definitely respect everyone's ability to judge their own level of risk comfort. I'm wrong about a lot of things on a fairly regular basis so that's another factor to throw into the mix.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
His phone number is listed, a call to talk to him might be in order to allay or confirm suspicions.

I occasionally list firearms on a local classified site with my phone number. No one ever calls but they text, when they do that I always call them back. Most of them are somewhat taken aback, apparently people don't like to talk to real people much, but I can answer questions and arrange a meeting much more efficiently, and also get an idea if I even want to deal with that person.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I emailed him to tell him I wanted the 375HH He emailed me back that it was spoken for already He said if it falls through he’s call me Sounds legit to me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
I emailed him to tell him I wanted the 375HH He emailed me back that it was spoken for already He said if it falls through he’s call me Sounds legit to me

That definitely sounds legit. If it wasn't he'd be taking a check from anyone willing to send him one. I'll be really glad if my initial concerns were totally unfounded. Maybe the internet is making me a bit jaded but when I see something that looks almost too good to be true, warning bells start sounding. I think it was the quantity of really nice rifles all at attractive prices that made me hesitate.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The 7mm from the above link is available again. Richard the seller and I were talking about the 375 that is headed my way and he mention he had a guy back out.

I checked out his face book page, his linked in page and have spoken with him several times. He had detached retina and was not going to be shooting much anymore. We discussed a few model 12s that he sent to Simmons in Olathe Missouri who I had also used for a stock on a lc smith. He appears legit but I don’t have my hands on mine yet either but thought I’d mention it.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Sorry the link is no longer there but it is guns international

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Bird Dog FA dug a little deeper in the safe today and listed a couple more, his collection was/is impressive to say the least..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 40 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,027
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.