Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tim1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Gents,

I lost my Glenn's Deer Handle a couple of years ago and since have been using an HME version as I wasn't able to find a replacement Deer Handle for sale. The HME drag is alright but not as good as a Deer Handle. At first, I assumed the lack of availability was due to post COVID supply issues but it now seems as though they are out of production. The e-mail contact link on the website doesn't appear to work. Can anyone provide a definitive opinion on whether Deer handles are available or not?

Thanks and regards,

Tim

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Is it anything like the cat carrier?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
T
Tim1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Not really Shaman. I've got a cat carrier, the deer handle is much easier to use.

Tim

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

T
Tim1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Yes, that's the rascal but I'm not confident ordering from the website as it looks to be defunct. In any event, I don't think they'll post them to Great Britain for $17.50. I've bought them from Amazon or e-Bay in the past but there's none to be found anywhere.

Tim

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ski rope handle. Theres one on Amazon for $22

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems to me that anyone who could tie knots could make his own out in the woods with a stick and a rope. I’ve not been to the UK, but here I am assuming that you have lots of trees like we do here in the Midwest. I do get a little surprised when some of the western forum fella’s post a picture and there isn’t a tree in sight out to the horizon.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Tim1
Yes, that's the rascal but I'm not confident ordering from the website as it looks to be defunct. In any event, I don't think they'll post them to Great Britain for $17.50. I've bought them from Amazon or e-Bay in the past but there's none to be found anywhere.

Tim

You could email him and ask what he would charge.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Personally I like my "deer drag". A sling that goes over your upper torso at an angle with a D-ring and drag rope attached..........Much easier than pulling one by hand.......You can lean into it to gain traction.....That's my second choice......My first choice is my Honda 4 wheeler or tractor.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Personally I like my "deer drag". A sling that goes over your upper torso at an angle with a D-ring and drag rope attached..........Much easier than pulling one by hand.......You can lean into it to gain traction.....That's my second choice......My first choice is my Honda 4 wheeler or tractor.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made one similar 30 years ago with some rope ,a PVC pipe and some foam pipe insulation. Mine would have been better if I had figured out how to keep the rope from sliding in the pipe. It worked so I never put any thought into improving it. Maybe some zip ties tightened and glued to the rope or even knots tied on each end to keep it from sliding.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Looks like a ski rope

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As others have said, so easy to make something similar that works just as well. Get a dowel or an old broom handle. Drill a hole through each end and attach a rope.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.- Albert Einstein
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I haul light brush to the pile with a piece of nylon
rope and a "dowel " I cut from some privet.
Take a couple of turns around the dowel and
take off dragging it. Never have drilled it.
Wrapping it and the pressure of the load keeps
it in place. Everything fits nicely in a pocket
until the next customer is ready for the trip.
Already had the rope, and the piece of stick
was a straight piece I cut off a long piece
headed for the pile, so free of charge

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Bought one in 2021 from the man. He sent me the link listed above, deerhandle.com

Email the guy , he repsonded right away when I bought mine.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use a hiking stick and a long-enough rope. If I'm alone, I'll loop the middle of the rope around the deer's neck and tie each end to the stick about a hip's width apart. I'll get between the two ends of the rope, put the stick across my hips and start walking. I'm then dragging with my legs not my arms. If I have a buddy, I'll tie the rope to the middle of the stick and we'll each side and both walk. In any case, it's a lot easier than dragging with your arms.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Buckstopper
I use a hiking stick and a long-enough rope. If I'm alone, I'll loop the middle of the rope around the deer's neck and tie each end to the stick about a hip's width apart. I'll get between the two ends of the rope, put the stick across my hips and start walking. I'm then dragging with my legs not my arms. If I have a buddy, I'll tie the rope to the middle of the stick and we'll each side and both walk. In any case, it's a lot easier than dragging with your arms.
Great idea.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Tim1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I'm surprised that the drags aren't more widely used by you lads.

I was expecting a large number of replies to say he either was or wasn't still in business. The e-mail link on the website doesn't work automatically when you click on it as I would have expected which led me to believe that he possibly wasn't trading anymore. I'll enter it manually to make an enquiry.

Thanks all,

Tim

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Phone call??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I sent an email to the one I had when I ordered. If he responds I'll let you know and forward his info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 69sportfury, 15 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,537
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.