Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18816387 10/04/23
tater74 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
https://www.ksl.com/article/5074452...-grandson-during-the-ceremony-police-say

DENTON, Neb. — A grandfather who was officiating a wedding in Nebraska is facing charges after accidentally shooting his 12-year-old grandson during the ceremony, officials said.

Michael Gardner, 62, was officiating the festivities at Hillcrest Events in Denton on Saturday when he attempted to shoot a Pietta Model 1860 Snub Nose revolver loaded with a blank into the air to gain the attention of the wedding guests, according to Lancaster County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Ben Houchin.

Gardner "decided to gain everybody's attention and start the wedding with a bang," Houchin said during a news conference Monday.

"When he decided to cock back the hammer of this revolver, it slipped and it shot his grandson into the left shoulder causing an injury," Houchin said.

The .45 Colt ammunition was a blank, but Gardener "put black powder into the casing and then glued it," the chief deputy added. "And what we believe, is the glue is what injured the child," he said.

The boy's injuries were non-life-threatening, and he was taken to a local hospital before being transferred to Omaha for further treatment, Houchin said.

Gardner turned himself in to authorities on Monday and was arrested on a charge of child abuse for the negligent firing of a firearm and injuring someone, Houchin said, noting the use of a firearm and the seriousness of the injuries led to the charge.

CNN was unable to determine whether Houchin has legal representation.

"We do not believe Michael intended to hurt his grandchild, but the act was not very smart," Houchin said, adding that deputies don't believe alcohol was involved in the incident.

Denton is located about 10 miles southwest of Lincoln.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is he related to Alec?

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When I was about 4 my parents and grandparents took me to Disneyworld. There was a stagecoach that we were riding and it “got held up” by bandits on horseback that were shooting their Colt revolvers into the air. Apparently one guy accidentally shot the stagecoach driver and he had to go to the hospital. I thought it was pretty damn realistic for a 4 year old…..I’ve wanted to be a bandit ever since. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Stupid move but why charge a guy for an accident? Prison is supposed to be about reform so how do you reform a person that didn't have bad intentions from the get go?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When I was about 4 my parents and grandparents took me to Disneyworld. There was a stagecoach that we were riding and it “got held up” by bandits on horseback that were shooting their Colt revolvers into the air. Apparently one guy accidentally shot the stagecoach driver and he had to go to the hospital. I thought it was pretty damn realistic for a 4 year old…..I’ve wanted to be a bandit ever since. 😂

If ya can plan it.....go up and rob the US Congress while in session!! mad eek mad

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Stupid move but why charge a guy for an accident? Prison is supposed to be about reform so how do you reform a person that didn't have bad intentions from the get go?

Prison is about punishment, "reform" is a modern concept to de-emphasize that you're in the joint because you're a threat to society/committed grave crimes. This man will be punished for being a dumbass and nearly killing somebody, he was reckless to the point of committing a crime. IMO.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I’ve wanted to be a bandit ever since. 😂

Life is short and time's a-wastin'.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

If ya can plan it.....go up and rob the US Congress while in session!! mad eek mad

Like Ukraine president Zhelensky has done non-stop since the beginning of last year??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the title said "dumbass" I was sure this thread was going to be a discussion about Jag, the Q acolyte.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
and blacks who purposly shot some one over drugs or to rob them ,they let them out of jail on no cash bond .or dont even charge them for the gun offense ,and they go free or less sentence than this guy will get ....democrats ..unreal

NRA Life Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I assure you, if he is a "normal" grandparent, no punishment he receives, will be worse than what he's putting himself through.

I can't even imagine...

*shutter*

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Deterrence. The U.S. has an incoherent, undefined, constantly shifting mix of reform, deterrence, and punishment.

Notice the idiot came loaded with blanks. In a percussion BP revolver. He intended to fire the gun at a funeral.

He should be penalized and have his head examined.

Last edited by plumbum; 10/05/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Yeah dammit, talk is cheap!

Lol.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If I was the judge I'd sentence him to buying and maintaining a horse for the boy for the next 20 years, the boy should get something good out of this.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I assure you, if he is a "normal" grandparent, no punishment he receives, will be worse than what he's putting himself through.

I can't even imagine...

*SHUDDER*
wink
I bet gramps shuddered so much he schiett his pants.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/05/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The only reason he was arrested and had his mugshot put out there is Lincoln, Lancaster county Nebraska is it’s a liberal chit hole college town. The Sherriff is a big anti gun POS. Normally a citation would have been handed out with a court date. But the libs have to make an example especially after the state killed all their gun ordinances this year.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plumbum

Deterrence. The U.S. has an incoherent, undefined, constantly shifting mix of reform, deterrence, and punishment.

Notice the idiot came loaded with blanks. In a percussion BP revolver. He intended to fire the gun at a funeral.

He should be penalized and have his head examined.

It was a wedding, not a funeral. He was officiating the event and wanted to get everyone's attention and begin the proceeding. Guess he thought it would be cute to fire the blank to get the ball rolling. I'm of the opinion as someone else said already that if he is a good grandparent and this is a solid family there would be no punishment worse than what he will give himself. If the parents of the boy don't want charges and they can work this out as a family it is probably best settled within the family.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yes the poor guy meant no harm. In retrospect it might have been a bad decision but it was an accident. The thread title could apply to a number of leftist loons populating the forum.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

1) Good point.

2) Outdoor weddings are the bomb.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sactoller
Is he related to Alec?

Can’t be. If he was an Idiot Baldwin , he wouldn’t have been charged. And would have claimed he “never pulled the trigger”.
Libertard Hollyweird Asswipes are above the “Law”. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 70 invisible), 3,034 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,109
Posts18,483,299
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.