Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I couldn’t pass up a deal on this rather unique looking 22 rifle. It’s no collector piece but is complete including the S100 sight. Any specifics to look for as far as function or issues with these? I’m a sucker for old 22’s that aren’t seen on the rack every day. I plan to shoot it this weekend. I removed the action/barrel and saw nothing out of the ordinary, gave it a cleaning and wipe down and should be ready for some fun.

Any input would helpful, thanks!

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Fun rifles to shoot, mossberg made some great older 22's most problems I seen is a feeding problem, that's caused by the tube being set at the wrong angle, screw needs to be snug not tightened by a Gorilla

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Fun rifles to shoot, mossberg made some great older 22's most problems I seen is a feeding problem, that's caused by the tube being set at the wrong angle, screw needs to be snug not tightened by a Gorilla

Thanks steveredd1! I’ll check feeding issues at the range and will look at screw tension on the tube of any issue arises. I’ve read that old Mossberg 22’s are good shooters.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check out the Mossberg board on rimfirecentral.com, you'll learn a lot.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dubiedog
Originally Posted by steveredd1

Thanks steveredd1! I’ll check feeding issues at the range and will look at screw tension on the tube of any issue arises. I’ve read that old Mossberg 22’s are good shooters.

Never had a mossberg that wasn't a fine shooter

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by steve99
Check out the Mossberg board on rimfirecentral.com, you'll learn a lot.

I’ll be sure to do that, thanks!

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
+2 on what steveredd1 said!! - often use stock mossbergs with that specific sight you have on yours to do better than many think it can do at the local offhand shoots on open sight night😁!

You’ll likely get addicted to the Mossbergs after you shoot it for a bit…..if it “doesn’t” shoot just try some different ammo!!

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 10/05/23.
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I'm really looking forward to shooting it. I have a decent assortment of match ammo try.

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I did get a little shooting in. I’m only so good with open sights, but I impressed myself a little bit with some small by my standards groups at 50 yards. Yes, the rifle is more accurate than I am able to demonstrate. I did notice that the front sight is a Marble’s Seard with the gold blade. It seems to work just fine. I really like this rifle!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 16 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.