Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Seven hours for me ain’t enough.

I usually get between 8-9.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a 9 to 5 guy. Sleep, not work. But it isn't uninterrupted sleep. I sleep for maybe an hour, wake up to roll over, sleep another hour...And I'm very often awake from 2 until 3 before dropping off until 5. I never have to get up to pee, though. Most days I do nap for an hour, to make up for that damn 2-3 a.m. gap.

I tried taking melatonin, but that gave me restless legs. Now, I take two valerian capsules at bedtime and they calm me down so that I drop off easily. I also wear a Breathe Right strip at night. Wife says it makes a big difference in how I breathe. I don't snore but I breathe heavily without that strip. I took a sleep test that said I was marginal for apnea and they recommended a CPAP. No frigging way. Those strips work fine for me.

Having a Sleep Number bed helps immensely. If I can't get comfortable, I just pump it up a little or let it down a little and it's like a totally different mattress.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
10 mg Melatonin and a shot of ZQuill, foam earplugs and rain sounds playing or fan running.

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Since retirement, I have my nights when I can’t sleep. I came to the simple conclusion……..not tired enough. Some days I don’t do much, play on the internet, watch tv etc. If I get outside actually do some work, wear myself out. I sleep 7-10 hours. It’s cooling down finally and if my knee I recently hurt gets better I plan to dang sure stay busy. Im sure I’ll sleep just fine.

Thanks, Billy
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Melatonin is not good for you. Makes your balls shrivel up.

Try magnesium threonate and apigenin if you need to shut your brain down.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I wake up about 4 am and I don’t go back to sleep! That’s about 5 hours of sleep ! Then about noon I want to take a nap. It’s been going on about five months now.
Usually in bed by 9:30-10PM, sleep to 5 usually, I quit drinking and this was the ticket for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I tried Melatonin for a couple of nights, I had the most messed up nightmares.

I'd wake up and yell "WTF WAS THAT!"

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

So that's what happened, cry huh.... smirk. I'll try that. Thanks

Do not pray for an easier life, Pray to be stronger men
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KFWA

I tried Melatonin for a couple of nights, I had the most messed up nightmares.

I'd wake up and yell "WTF WAS THAT!"
What's worse, auditory hallucinations or metoprolol nightmares...

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Salmonella
What is this thing called sleep that you speak of?....🤣

Same here. Been an insomniac most of my adult life. Used to be every night, now its only a couple times a week. Wife says its the product of a troubled mind, closer to the truth than I care to admit.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My biggest problem is falling to sleep. Once I do I normally get 4-6 hrs. Caffeine is a no-no after say 2:00.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
THC delta 9 gummies.

Sleep tight!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
I wake up about 4 am and I don’t go back to sleep! That’s about 5 hours of sleep ! Then about noon I want to take a nap. It’s been going on about five months now.
Yes, been happening ever since I retired even though I spent most of my career working second shift. It isn't a big deal during the summer, I like getting out at sunrise to exercise crazy dog before the rest of the people start waking up. Winter is a different story. Me and goofball take a siesta after lunch to accommodate the lack of sleep. 😁

I don't see why anyone considers sleeping twice in a 24 hour period a problem.

If you get all the rest your body needs, which might not always be the same, why do you care?

Too much enficence being placed on the time of day, or break of a routine that's not required.

If you were employed and couldn't drag your ass outta bed to make it to work, that'd be quite different.

But even that should easily be corrected by diet or correction of contributing habits.

Running to a doctor to try and correct what's come about naturally by medicating your body into submission of a unnecessary routine is plain stupid.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Yes, been happening ever since I retired even though I spent most of my career working second shift. It isn't a big deal during the summer, I like getting out at sunrise to exercise crazy dog before the rest of the people start waking up. Winter is a different story. Me and goofball take a siesta after lunch to accommodate the lack of sleep. 😁

I don't see why anyone considers sleeping twice in a 24 hour period a problem.

If you get all the rest your body needs, which might not always be the same, why do you care?

Too much enficence being placed on the time of day, or break of a routine that's not required.

If you were employed and couldn't drag your ass outta bed to make it to work, that'd be quite different.

But even that should easily be corrected by diet or correction of contributing habits.

Running to a doctor to try and correct what's come about naturally by medicating your body into submission of a unnecessary routine is plain stupid.

You have gut bacteria which contributes more to your overall health that you realize. The bacteria that benefit us is promoted by sleeping according to the natural circadian rhythm of night and day.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
THC delta 9 gummies.

Sleep tight!
Truth, works for me, deep sleep and as a side benefit reduces my tinnitus but doesn’t completely eliminate it.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The CIA it targeting your home with a beam that stimulates your adrenal glands and wakes you up, and it starts around 4:00 every AM.

In all seriousness, though, you need to have a plan. When you wake up at 4:00, go to Prime on your phone and start listening to an old TV show that you've seen dozens of times already, and try your hardest to stay awake for the entire show, following every detail in your mind what's happening, all while in bed, in a dark bedroom, with your eyes closed. Next thing you know, sunlight will be brightening your windows.

Also, don't allow the naps.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are you feeling guilty about something Denny?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Are you feeling guilty about something Denny?
Depressed that his green teams ain't doing so good this season...

😛

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

215 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 1,327 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,865
Posts18,497,291
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.