Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
in your house?

Not some spot in the driveway, like me, that you hose off your boots, equipment, or gear.

I’m talking about a dedicated room that has water, hose, wall hooks to hang wet clothes, bench seating to sit on to get your muddy gear off and the room easily doubles for a dog shower.

Let’s see pictures of what you have or use for a mud room.

My current set up, the driveway.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TimberRunner, is one of the most squared away dudes, imo.

If anyone has or should have a mud room, it’s gotta be TR. Duck hunting can get ridiculously muddy.

This is TimberRunners UTV. Imagine what his dog looks like after a day of duck hunting? Grins

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not realy.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Your not talking mud room , like you undress in with big sink to wash up in, your talking car wash .

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have not

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Angus55
Your not talking mud room , like you undress in with big sink to wash up in, your talking car wash .

I’m talking about a room, in your house where you wash off your muddy clothes and boots. Bonus points if you have a spot in your shop or garage where all your toys land to get the hose.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Only time I've ever seen one of those was at the Boarding Stables I worked at during summers in HighSchool. And on TV again only at Estate Houses with Stables.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We built one into our new home, combined with laundry and freezer space. It has a slop sink and an elevated dog bath/wash tub. It's just inside from the garage and opens to the back yard. It's not for hosing off bikes or quads, though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Beav, not really no, but if we ever build a house that sonuvabitch WILL have a dedicated mudroom!

I always try to clean up my Muck boots before coming home. Hell last Tuesday I stopped and washed off my boots in a giant puddle down the street. Always do the same thing before going in the gas station and I've also taken my muddy boots off a couple times at the door of a nice store. Rude to track in a trail of mud...

Feeding and calving season can be a muddy, messy affair. I've shoveled a mountain of mud off our driveway.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Angus55]Your not talking mud room , like you undress in with big sink to wash up in, your talking car wash .[/q

I don't have one but I wish I did.

Harry
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I have not

My wife keeps saying she wants a huge kitchen with multiple stoves and ovens, booko cupboard space and a huge pantry.

I just want a room where I can hose down gear, clothes, me and the dog.

Seems like a good trade. New kitchen for a muddy room.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My grampa had one in central florida. So I am familiar with the set up and terminology.

I was a 10 year old indentured servant in his 2 acre garden. So after digging potatoes or whatnot or ditches, ya had to get all nudie-butt and spray off in the mud room before we could have our mid day mayonnaise sandwich.

btw his garden attire was a hard hat, boxers and red ball rubber boots. Mud room times were like submarine showers by god dont be in there more than 2 mins or youre a homo. Hurry up in there you little phaggot, gnats are gettin on your sandwich

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
when it's muddy

my boots & trousers come off here

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Beaver1 I have a similar situation. Our kitchen is "dated". Whatever that is....

Harry
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Beav, not really no, but if we ever build a house that sonuvabitch WILL have a dedicated mudroom!

I always try to clean up my Muck boots before coming home. Hell last Tuesday I stopped and washed off my boots in a giant puddle down the street. Always do the same thing before going in the gas station and I've also taken my muddy boots off a couple times at the door of a nice store. Rude to track in a trail of mud...

Feeding and calving season can be a muddy, messy affair. I've shoveled a mountain of mud off our driveway.

Sam, I hate standing in the pouring rain, trying to get the mud off my clothes and gear. Waders, jackets laid out in the driveway being washed off. Dog running around saying, Fook You, dad! I don’t want the hose.

Mud everywhere on the driveway. There’s gotta be a better set up. Looking for it now.

🦫

PS

Yes, I too, jump and walk through mud puddles to help loosen the mud, when I can find one.

“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
in your house?

Not some spot in the driveway, like me, that you hose off your boots, equipment, or gear.

I’m talking about a dedicated room that has water, hose, wall hooks to hang wet clothes, bench seating to sit on to get your muddy gear off and the room easily doubles for a dog shower.

If anyone has or should have a mud room, it’s gotta be TR. Duck hunting can get ridiculously muddy.

This is TimberRunners UTV. Imagine what his dog looks like after a day of duck hunting? Grins

🦫

That pic is at duck camp. There's a giant locker room/mud room that has a dehumidifier and heater that runs whenever someone is there. The engineer in the group built a wader dryer out of a chicken house fan that has vertical PVC and can dry 15 pairs of waders hung up above it. Individual lockers for all members.

At the fulltime house, it's a shop with a concrete floor, utility sink just inside roll up door and a hose bib right outside on the apron.

The kids have a locker room for all their school bags, soccer shoes and other stuff. It's the dirtiest room in the house

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
My grampa had one in central florida. So I am familiar with the set up and terminology.

I was a 10 year old indentured servant in his 2 acre garden. So after digging potatoes or whatnot or ditches, ya had to get all nudie-butt and spray off in the mud room before we could have our mid day mayonnaise sandwich.

btw his garden attire was a hard hat, boxers and red ball rubber boots. Mud room times were like submarine showers by god dont be in there more than 2 mins or youre a homo. Hurry up in there you little phaggot, gnats are gettin on your sandwich

I figured if you had a serious need for a mud room, you’d have built one for yourself. You build pretty much everything.

You got a man cave you built?

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
in your house?

🦫

That pic is at duck camp. There's a giant locker room/mud room that has a dehumidifier and heater that runs whenever someone is there. The engineer in the group built a wader dryer out of a chicken house fan that has vertical PVC and can dry 15 pairs of waders hung up above it. Individual lockers for all members.

At the fulltime house, it's a shop with a concrete floor, utility sink just inside roll up door and a hose bib right outside on the apron.

The kids have a locker room for all their school bags, soccer shoes and other stuff. It's the dirtiest room in the house

I would have guessed you and your crew would have something set up that would make the process of de-mudding easier.

Pics of the set up this year, if you think about it, would be cool to see how it’s done.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

I figured if you had a serious need for a mud room, you’d have built one for yourself. You build pretty much everything.

You got a man cave you built?

🦫

I have a shop and a smallish office where my mounts go and my wall of small is. I occasionally do some work there. No man cave though.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not realy.

I’m shocked.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,529
Posts18,530,796
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.