Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got to try something different so I came upon a Marcella Hazen...then a few youtube vids... and here we are..[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]. Was looking for the right noodles...All I came up was these two, thinking of just using the stick one.... but the "right pasta" is twirled with cheese in the bag, I don't think that's what's supposed to be .. there's nothing in town. I ain't looking to the 4 hours of stirring this thing tho..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I taste tested these cans of whole tomatoes ..the cans are lined up l to r. Left is best of the bunch imo. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] you can't have much more fun than opening up cans of whole tomatoes at 7:30 on a Saturday morning and eating one of each...BTW there's more cans of tomatoes to try but it's a 3-day weekend in Alaska and the stores are powershopped you get what you can I do have a few store brands but I didn't test them... I'm tomatoed out already lol

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]. Meat 1lb 20% chuck an 1/2 lb ground pork... then add milk [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]. This is about 3 hours in .. simmer...then noddle up..and eat...tasty 😋😋[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's been a favorite of mine since I was a kid.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I see you are doing it the way that's become popular more recently, which is to coarsely cut the carrots so they are visible when served. I always finely chop all the ingredients, which is the way it is traditionally done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I prefer red wine in mine and wouldn't waste my money on topping with canned sawdust. 😜🤣

Other than that looks good.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I prefer red wine in mine and wouldn't waste my money on topping with canned sawdust. 😜🤣

Other than that looks good.

Fats is right, bottle for the bolognese and a bottle to drink.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atvalaska
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]. This is about 3 hours in .. simmer...then noddle up..and eat...tasty 😋😋[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Looks great 👍🏼

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not sure what you mean, but if you mean my image, that's fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very first pic.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Not sure what you mean, but if you mean my image, that's fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano.

OP shows Kraft grated Parmesan, that's what Fats is referring to

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Very first pic.
Oh, yeah. I see what you mean.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I thought the carrots would cook down a bit further then they did..it sure tasty tho... sawdust...lol...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I thought the carrots would cook down a bit further then they did..it sure tasty tho... sawdust...lol...
Food snobs look down their noses at that stuff. Probably rightly so, though, LOL. Not hard to get a wedge of the real thing, cut it into chunks, and stick them in the blender.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Food snobs look down their noses at that stuff. Probably rightly so, though, LOL. Not hard to get a wedge of the real thing, cut it into chunks, and stick them in the blender.

$7 cheese grater

Dishwasher safe.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have all sorts of cheese graters, but my favorite way to do it is to cube up a wedge, and toss them in a blender. Takes seconds to have lots of grated cheese, and the texture is superior to that achieved with any type of cheese grater I've tried.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I’m a fan of my box grater and a wedge for cheeses. I have the option of grating , shredding or shaving from the same wedge or block. I used the pre grated stuff for years until I tried grating a wedge of descent imported Parm.

I never bought the pregrated stuff again. I’m not spending the time on my own sauce and using the pregrated stuff. I wouldn't turn it down if you handed it to me but just my experience and preference.

I chop my veg’s down pretty small. I like them to be reduced to part of the sauce itself. When lazy I course chop and toss in the food processor. It minces up those onions and carrots pretty quick. Its non traditional and great granny didn't do it that way but she might have if she had one.

Looks good , hope you enjoyed it.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I believe I'd brown the meat somewhat before adding the vegetables. Would that be improper for Bolognese?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best Ragu Bolognese is done slo covered in the oven. No prebrowning required as that defeats the purpose of a rich luxurious mouth feel. Development of glutamates is the key. Hint chicken liver.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 808outdoors, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,243 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.