Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Why poke a Bear with a stick if you don't need to? Drawing attention to yourself from law enforcement and the mayor in a small town can only end badly for you.

That said, a little esprit de corps is needed. Cop pulling you over for a burnt license plate bulb when his own car is trashed is hypocritical.

Leave it alone and document until it's needed...or not.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was an Officer in the 14th largest city in the US for 33 years. Never got
To take a cruiser home (that’s usually small town or Highway Patrol stuff). I always prided myself on having my shoes shined, uniform pressed, Badge and awards all shined and in line. My lawn always looks like I hire someone to mow it. It’s about work ethic and self pride. I agree that Police Officers should be held to a higher standard. If I were his Chief, I’d call him in and praise his work but also ask him to clean up his act because it reflects on the whole department. This type of behavior just feeds the cop haters in this country. JMHO

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's the cop going to do when he looks like a slob or his yard does or his car does and he gets called out to some place where somebody's complaining about the neighbor being a piglet , it's going to go sideways there ........get a standard set of standards...live by the standard

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Got a pic or three to prove the point or is this just mental masturbation?

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Is he breaking any local ordinances?

Well, "Code Enforcement" threatened a citation if the jungle didn't get mowed.
They can also write citations if the trash is deemed a public health hazard.

????

Guess they should compel him to clean the place up then.

This.

If he quits.....just make your children be cops to fill the shortage.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I think the point the OP is making is that the officer doesn’t reflect a positive, professional image upon the city as his squad car being parked at his house is obviously representative of how the city is managed. The point has nothing to do with how the guy lives his personal life nor city ordinances or whatever else.

If the squad car was not parked in front of his house, nor was there any other indication of the property being some sort of representative of the city, then the situation would be different.

Like it or not, image and perception matter. No different than how the officer conducts himself while on duty or how professional his uniform looks.

To answer the OP’s question, yes, I would say something to him. Make the car more professional and representative of the city and either not park where the vehicle can be seen, or clean the property up too. If city policy dictates the officer take the vehicle home as a show of presence, than it should be written into that policy that the property be professional looking.

^^^^Pretty much^^^^

I see it from time to time.
I don't live in the town, so it's really no skin off my nose...but you're right!

Image and perception matter! Cop or not!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Clean the car and keep it clean. It belongs to the PD.

Most guys I know park it in their garage because they don't want their customers to know where they live.

He can do what he wants as far as his house is concerned. If he wants to live in a dump, so be it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
3)cop does a great job.

And you know this how?

And by whose/what standards?

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Motley auctions in Richmond sells .GOV vehicles and equipment.

Some of the units from chithole places like Norfolk, Charlottesville, Richmond etc. are simply pathetic/nasty and broken...

IMHO it is criminal not to maintain stuff that belongs to someone else.

As for real or personal property... not my business.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hold police to a higher standard.

If he is a fat POS, then nothing else can make up for that. I despise fat cops.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RAS
...I despise fat cops...
I retired from a Sheriff's Department in Texas. I didn't despise my portly comrades but I let it be known that they were letting everyone down by being FAT. They were letting down their fellow deputies because they were less than useless as backup. If a fat man or any woman was my back up I just considered myself alone on the call for service. They were letting down the people who paid their salaries because they couldn't perform the more rigorous requirements of the job.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Fat fugg cops aren't completely useless as JBT's- - - -they can sit on the perp until backup arrives.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
I was an Officer in the 14th largest city in the US for 33 years. Never got
To take a cruiser home (that’s usually small town or Highway Patrol stuff). I always prided myself on having my shoes shined, uniform pressed, Badge and awards all shined and in line. My lawn always looks like I hire someone to mow it. It’s about work ethic and self pride. I agree that Police Officers should be held to a higher standard. If I were his Chief, I’d call him in and praise his work but also ask him to clean up his act because it reflects on the whole department. This type of behavior just feeds the cop haters in this country. JMHO

Ron

This ^^
But, I did get to take my care home in the last 10 years of my career. Most of the time it was an unmarked detective vehicle. Wen I put on the uniform I did have shined shoes, a haircut and a clean uniform. The house was always kept up and the yard was always mowed as well.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I know a local cop. (small town)
Drives a unit home every day and parks it in the driveway for the world to see.
1) the yard looks like a dump with all the trash lying around.
2) the unit is always filthy and loaded with crap
3)cop does a great job.

If you were Chief, or Mayor, would you demand the officer:
1) clean up your yard
2) clean up your unit
3) don't take your unit home

Waurika ?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Fat fugg cops aren't completely useless as JBT's- - - -they can sit on the perp until backup arrives.
True...they aren't completely useless. Female cops are useful in one role; doing searches of females who have been detained or arrested. Most of the overweight men whom I worked alongside were strong enough to hold their own if the fight didn't last over a minute...any running or chasing a suspect on foot was just something they were unable to do. But, I don't care how highly trained any woman is...there isn't one woman on the planet that could subdue a 6'0' 200 lb man who was pissed off or high on some substance. They simply do not have the genetic makeup to match a man's speed or strength.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My unit stays on me at all times and it’s very clean. 😎

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
3)cop does a great job.

And you know this how?

And by whose/what standards?

I know the cop and I know people who live in the town.

....and both my kids are LEO's.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,306 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,256
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.