Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Was the Monte Carlo comb the only difference between the Browning and the Winchester models..? I've had one of the Miroku Winchesters for some years now and love it! It just exudes quality in my opinion.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Brittman
Was the Monte Carlo comb the only difference between the Browning and the Winchester models..? I've had one of the Miroku Winchesters for some years now and love it! It just exudes quality in my opinion.

To my knowledge, yes. I owned both guns back in the 1990s.

The Browning was a copy of the 52-c which had the Monte Carlo stock and the Micro motion trigger. The Winchester marked replicas are 52-B sporters with the straight prewar style comb. They also have the micro motion trigger of the Browning- C model replicas which of course was never on the original B model 52s.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brittman

Reportedly, the main differences are…The Browning has a higher cheek comb and doesn’t have a barrel lug.

There isn’t a front tension screw on the forearm of the stock as well, that the Winchester 52’s have. The recoil plate on the Browning is made of some type of plastique, where the Winchester is a metal.

That’s my understanding of the differences.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Without question, these two Model 52 rimfires are my favorite 22 LR by a long mile.

Even though both come from the Miroku Firearms Factory and not a true Americana Pre 64, Model 52 Sporter. They’re fairly close, imo.

I enjoy shooting and hunting with them over other 22 LR’s that I have. They’re both accurate, not as accurate as my Kimber Silhouette Hunter, but they just feel really good in my hand and shoot well enough to not be stored in the safe forevermore.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Top is the standard Sporter model. The bottom is a heavy barrel, that was a limited run for Zander Sporting Goods.

If you got a Model 52 Sporter, let’s see em.

🦫

Those are really nice, Beav.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I had one of the Winchester 52 remakes several years back. it was my first real smallbore silhouette rifles. it then got changed to a Kimber HS which went to Anschutz 1422 . then my last step was a Remington 40x. shelin barrel ,Jewel trigger..

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I sold the only 52 I ever owned. It was a 52b. Sold it last year and for the sale price I couldn’t have bought the Browning sporter.
There is a guy who brings a Browning sporter to the local show, he walks it table to table if I remember correctly he wants $2000 for it.
I will have to settle for 513 sporter for now

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I almost bought a mint condition 1950 52 sporter at a gunshow about 6 years ago. It was priced very low, at $500.00. However, I found a 1937 Winchester model 71 deluxe for $900.00. Didn't have enough money for both, so sadly left without the sweet azzed 52. One day I'll run across a good deal on another one. Hopefully it will be as nice as the one I left behind.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a chance to shoot several of these and they are very nice to shoot and usually quite accurate, though there are some that are slightly disappointing in the accuracy department. The Winchesters were supposedly patterned after the original B models with the english style cheekpiece and the Brownings were supposedly modeled after the 52C models with the Monte Carlo cheekpiece...

I will say that my Winchester 75 Sporters will shoot as well as the 52 repros IMO and are a little lighter to carry into the woods. Funny thing is they are commanding just about the same prices now as the 52 repros are getting...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I regret not buying an original M52 sporter when they were under 2k. But Earlier this year I picked up 2 NiB M52 Miroku made rifles for $900 apiece and the first shoots very well

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 44 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,709
Posts18,475,378
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.