Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I got a ton of good gear, and very little of it bought from a store. All you have to do is raise 5 kids on a single income and you learn how to find stuff.

Rtic 45 quart cooler; $40.00 on Craigslist…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
And Rtic isn’t anti second amendment.

Last edited by Nestucca; 10/08/23. Reason: Autocorrect
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
From what Ive seen, theres more than one “grade” of Lifetime coolers.

Both were made in USA.

The walmark model had a flimsy lid.

The higher end model at Sams was more like a yeti / rtic / etc.. But more $$$

I ordered my Lifetime from the factory in UT. I expect it to outlive me, and it's been great so far, the 55QT model.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Anyway, I have an Rtic I bought years ago for 125.00 on some internet deal they had, a 65. Never thought I'd pay that much for a cooler... should have bought more.
It fits in my Boston whaler where the cooler/seat goes. I bought the Rtic seat pad for like 30 bucks later.
Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Probably could fit other cooler brands.

Kent

Rtic was what I'd though I would be buying until I took notice of their base price increase along with a few other things, the padded top was a major one.

Couldn't deal with the Rtic's 'strap-on' vs Yeti's 'snap-on'.

[Linked Image from static.velkybrands.com]

That attachment method just seems inferior and could possibly compromise the lid sealing gasket.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Granted Yeti burned me down for $185 for the uninstalled pad that fit the 160 quart where Rtic is getting $85 for the pad that fits their biggest cooler, the 145 quart.

But.

This is a piece of boat furniture that's going to be subject to a lot of UV and a lot of use and I see day and night difference in everything from the quality of stitching to the attachment options.

If these quality details point to durability and longevity it'll be a hundred dollar bill well spent.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I really like my RTICs. I use two 45s , one 65 and a 110. Mostly I use the 65 and the 110 on trips. I have had the 2 45s and the 65 for 7-8 years and the 110 for 5 years with a lot of use and no issues. No broken hinges or latches.

I wanted coolers that were durable and just a basic rectangular shape without handles sticking out for loading together in my short box pickup. I wanted simple durable hardware molded into the cooler with minimal or no screws. My RTICs checked all the boxes for my wants and needs.

I don't run around with my coolers in the back of my open pickup but I do have a cable lock system and a cooler lock system.

I also have one of their 25s hard coolers but rarely use it. Its heavy and small inside. I have their 25 and 35 soft coolers and they work for Kayaking and lunch boxes better than the hard 25.

My old Coleman and igloo marine coolers worked great for keeping ice but were not cheap and I was constantly repairing latches and hinges. They always broke at the worst time. I kept a ziplock with a spare set of hardware that I tossed in each cooler so I would have them.

I have no regrets buying my RTICs. I have some Yeti products (Duffle, for beverages and a loadout box) and they are all top notch quality. I have no yeti coolers as my RTICs are working for me.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by krp
Anyway, I have an Rtic I bought years ago for 125.00 on some internet deal they had, a 65. Never thought I'd pay that much for a cooler... should have bought more.
It fits in my Boston whaler where the cooler/seat goes. I bought the Rtic seat pad for like 30 bucks later.
Kent
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Rtic was what I'd though I would be buying until I took notice of their base price increase along with a few other things, the padded top was a major one.

That attachment method just seems inferior and could possibly compromise the lid sealing gasket.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Granted Yeti burned me down for $185 for the uninstalled pad that fit the 160 quart where Rtic is getting $85 for the pad that fits their biggest cooler, the 145 quart.

But.

This is a piece of boat furniture that's going to be subject to a lot of UV and a lot of use and I see day and night difference in everything from the quality of stitching to the attachment options.

If these quality details point to durability and longevity it'll be a hundred dollar bill well spent.

I like RTIC but I would never go with that strap on cushion. That is total crap right there. There is no way
I would want that strap across that seal. Someone at RTIC needs to get it together.

You made the right purchase for your need. A boat seat or cooler down here in Florida are subjected to heat, salt and UVs Like no other place in the States. I would go with your choice as well. Enjoy your boating.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I found a Yeti in the back of somebody's pickup truck and I have to say it's the best cooler I have ever owned.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I thought everyone burned their Yeti and carhartt barbed wire fencing vest during the ‘pemdemmie’

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by krp
Kent
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

But.

I like RTIC but I would never go with that strap on cushion. That is total crap right there. There is no way
I would want that strap across that seal. Someone at RTIC needs to get it together.

You made the right purchase for your need. A boat seat or cooler down here in Florida are subjected to heat, salt and UVs Like no other place in the States. I would go with your choice as well. Enjoy your boating.

I think you could match or surpass the quality of Yeti's padded top option by getting a custom cover made for pretty much any cooler at your local marine upholstery shop.

With the small amount of fabric involved you could buy the best known for marine applications.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Bought these catergator coolers as a gift for my employees. one is in a boat, another on a tractor and another is camping. They are a very good option and will work for years to come.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by krp
Kent
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

But.

I think you could match or surpass the quality of Yeti's padded top option by getting a custom cover made for pretty much any cooler at your local marine upholstery shop.

With the small amount of fabric involved you could buy the best known for marine applications.
I have no doubt about that.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I thought everyone burned their Yeti and carhartt barbed wire fencing vest during the ‘pemdemmie’

Sure. Burned them right up they did. Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (2500HD, 222ND, 1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,934
Posts18,479,981
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.