-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,834 of 1,842 1 2 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No birds. Lots of rain, thunder, lightening and high humidty.

Cancer benefit was absolutely amazing and emotional. Small town of 1600 with a median household income of about 56k. I bet there was better than 100k raised.

Me

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Teal - Glad to hear the benefit went well.

Saturday was very humid and Sunday was way too hot here to be out in the woods.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's fantastic Teal.

Saturday I was in Duluth helping my dad and it was cool and drizzly there. Perfect for what we were doing. Got an hour south on my way home and it was 80 and humid.

Got out on the boat yesterday with the boy. He's coaching some youth football so we cut it a bit short, but fired up the grill and had a hellova afternoon.

We cancelled the trip to to swap SD cards. We'll do it this coming weekend when it's 55 degrees.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good to hear the benefit went well, Teal.

I've put a lot of miles on the wheeler the last two weekends riding forest trails. Not one grouse spotted. Granted we weren't hunting but still.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Talking with others, seems the numbers are way down this year across the board - for the funny little brown birds. Which is ok. I don't have to kill them to be happy. I think someone once said this about trout but it applies still to grouse "They don't live in ugly country"

Me

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Teal
I think someone once said this about trout but it applies still to grouse "They don't live in ugly country"

That's for sure.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Very true.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We had a pretty exciting weekend. Our daughter started Pharmacy School and they had the "White Coat" ceremony on Saturday! She finished her undergrad in 2 years and was one of the youngest to enter Pharm school.

We checked trail cams on Sunday and didn't see a whole bunch. One decent 8, probably a 100" 2yr old I'd say along with some little scrappers. Some rubs and scrapes started to pop-up. We found one area that was really tore up. My buddy put a crappy Tasco trail cam on it. So we have a 50/50 shot of seeing what's hitting it. laugh I did put a blind up for him there. But I'll be bowhunting it before he sees the inside of that blind. grin grin grin

Ate up the last of our walleye last night so I need to get back out once more before the boat gets put away next week or the week after.

I'm only working a few days next week. So the plan is to get the rifles tuned up and hopefully get a stand or maybe even two for bow hunting. I'm pretty pumped for it. I'm trying to think of when the last time I bow hunted was. I'm guessing it was 2014 or 2015.

The weather is getting nice and the leaves are turning the right color...finally.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been awhile since I have been around. Not a whole lot new in our world. Kids playing football on 9th grade team. Love watching our varsity which is undefeated and has a couple of blue chip players. One of which will play on Saturdays at some big college. Daughter in college. Wife on school board. My boys have been hammering the ducks this year. Gotta admit, i am getting a little sick of duck jerky, but it is a great way to go through a lot of ducks. Did our share of canning this year too, but not as much as others. I love our pickled green beans!

Got some stand work to do this weekend. Trail cameras are pumping out pictures of does, fawns, small to medium bucks, coons, coyotes, fox, and sandhill cranes.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
BM, one piece of duck jerky would be enough for me! haha.

Jack has started coaching as an assistant coach for the middle school. They've asked him to come back next year if he moves back to this area.

Who is the "blue chipper" that will play at a big school? We have one here too. He's had 2 D1 offers already. Pretty exciting to see kids you watched grow up be successful. He's also a fantastic wrestler and a great kid.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
I just caught up on this thread by reading from page 3503 forward. Lotsa goings on with cabin repairs,fishing some fine looking diners fixings and a shot of Woodford Reserve.
Just reading about all the you guys do wears me out. Summer is here in South Carolina and it's getting hot. Take care everyone.

Stan in SC

For some reason, I got to thinking about 'ol Stan in SC. This was his last post.

Does anybody know if he's still with us? I know he had heart trouble.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He died a few years back rooster.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks.

RIP Stan.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Time to start 6 weeks of goodness. I work 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks, then I have pretty much all of November off. I do have a day or two sprinkled in but not much.

Unfortunately the boat gets put away on Thursday. I cleaned it out last night except for 4 rods Momma and I are going to use this afternoon.

Headed to the range on friday. Taking my a couple of the kids. We put new scopes on a few of the rifles. We need to sort those out along with just getting some shooting in..

Saturday Jack, his buddy, and I are going to head up to the arrowhead and try to find some grouse. Neither of those boys have been up there before and one has not ever shot a grouse. So, hoping to get them some action and see some beautiful country. I could care less if I shoot a grouse, as long as I can see a moose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had my buddy, the non existent (in NWO), the rooster pheasant come in again Sunday morning !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How did he taste Paul? laugh

I was up north of Duluth on Friday. On my way home I decided not to take the freeway. In a town called Munger, I saw a rooster pheasant picking gravel on the side of a paved road. No farms within a mile or so and for sure no game farms. Pretty cool sighting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was up at the Bigfork Shack for a long weekend. Lots of time around the campfire with good friends. Game cameras are not showing many deer, but the bears are still out and about. I did have bullwinkle make his second appearance on camera this fall. Took the younger pup for a couple grouse walks and remembered how hard those little bastards are to hit on the wing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep they don't make themselves easy to hit. Jack and his buddy went out last weekend to try. They flushed like 10 or something and were only able to get 2 shots off at birds. laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Weekend. No birds connected upon.

Moved some stands, prepped the others.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good stuff Andrew !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 1,834 of 1,842 1 2 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,391 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.