Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
At my age I started om croshirs then duple have been a BIG fan of "Dot" for Varmit and target.. OLD TIMER does NOT like the "BUSY" scopes enjoy the BDC and the X-Mas tree reticle
K.I.S.S.

Jim

i

"2Day is the 1st Day of the rest of UR Life"
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I like a 2 minute LEE dot, most of my recreational shooting/sighting in is done @ 100yds. I use a 2" flourescent orange dot on my targets. Place the scopes dot so no orange is seen in the sight picture and you're dead on target.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Non illuminated and not to busy for the brain.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My longer range reticle preferences are prefaced with my requirement that it work well for hunting at shorter range, in broken/busy backgrounds, and low light as well. If it was ONLY long range there are a lot more I could live with...that premise stated:

1. Tangent Theta's LRH Milrad
2. SWFA's milquad
3. S&B's P3/mildot
4. NF's F1 MLR2.0

Based just on what I've seen from posted pictures and studying sub-tensions/layout, the THLR reticle would be an all around reticle. ...again, that's without the experience of using it.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My favorite reticle is a #4.

2nd place is a plex.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prettiest easy to tell from some of the replies who actually shoots

Hilarious!!!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
That is a nice reticle but I don't care for Nightforce scopes as I don't like adding the extra weight that comes with a NF. So this is my favorite is Leupold's

Windplex LR good combination of simplicity and fucntionality

https://www.leupold.com/reticle/wind-plex-lr/
Hadn't seen that version. I think I prefer the basic WindPlex as it has 1 MOA tics on the horizontal vs. 2 MOA on the LR version. For dialing for elevation and holding for wind I don't think you can beat the basic WINDPLEX

[Linked Image from marvel-b1-cdn.bc0a.com]
But I haven't tried the WindPlex LR version you linked.
Rex

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had little experience with most of the reticles others have posted - that said, I really do like the MQ reticle in my SWFA 6X and 3X9 MQ.

With it's uncluttered view, I scarcely even notice the hash marks until I actually need/want to use them.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All my hunting rifles have Leupold B&C reticles. Fast and easy. Dead hold point at multiple yardage without taking your eye out of the scope. Only downside is usually have to be on max power to be correct moa. They work for me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My hunting rifles are Duplex SFPs but I'm looking at building a long range target rifle that would have a first focal plane so considering other reticles that work best with FFP.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Burris Ballistic Plex

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wish someone offered the old NF IHR reticle.

Not a whole lot of experience with it, but loved it when used.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P3 mildot

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think the THLR reticle in the minox zp5 5-25x56 might be the perfect reticle. Hefty price tag though

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Pretty much hunting rifles, duplex with fine hairs center. Nothing else, I can do my own hold over and wind adjustments.
Getting older I’m looking to try out the above with the small illuminated dot center.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ThirtyThirty
Nice looking reticle, Mike! Understood, the weight factor. I like Nightforce scopes on long range target type rifles where weight isn’t a concern. For hunting rifles that are lugged around all day I’m a Leupold fan. I have a 270 Win with a Leupold Boone and Crockett reticle that I like a lot.
Cheers, Mike

I second your choice. All my NF 5-20x56 scopes have the MOAR
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

However, the MOAR is different on various rifle scopes for some reason. I don't like that they change them. Like Jeff said, too thin on some scopes. Perfect on the 5-20x56 SHV. I even prefer it over the MOAR-T on my ATACR. If you ask me though, I much prefer to have a dependable scope that weighs a little more, than pay for something that is going to fail you in the field or even at the range. There's a reason they are a little heavier: They are made with better internals.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Tangent Theta's LRH Milrad appears to me to be an excellent long range hunting reticle, although I have never looked through one let alone hunted with one. I don't see me ever paying what it takes to own one.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Tangent Theta's LRH Milrad appears to me to be an excellent long range hunting reticle, although I have never looked through one let alone hunted with one. I don't see me ever paying what it takes to own one.

I'm very fond of the reticle and it's well designed for hunting. Here's a few pic's that I took a while back and posted here.

For reference the cow is 125 yards.

3x
[Linked Image]

6x
[Linked Image]

10x
[Linked Image]

15x
[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
JCMCUBIC,

Thanks for the pictures of the Theta's LRH Milrad reticle. I like it a lot. Reminds me of a S&B P3 Mildot I had in a Precision Hunter 3-12x42 but with those 1/2 mil ticks providing a little more precision.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.