Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It is. Thanks for sharing.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by longarm
Surveyors, prospectors, timber cruisers, rockhounds, hunters of every type- cats, bears, elk, sheep, deer, mushrooms, birds, etc, fur trappers, thru-hikers, Rock scramblers and mountain climbers, botanists (ever read about some of the hikes that David Douglas went on? How about that poor bugger John Day?), desperados and the men that chased them, snowmobilers, ice climbers, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

As dear and important to our Western psyches as true wilderness is, I believe ALL of the PNW has been walked on. Sure there are some small pockets that are less often visited.. and even less often than that talked about by the guys that regularly hunt them, but still..

Geno, More than 40 years ago I was getting out the old 1950s topos of our beloved High Sierras and looking specifically for small lakes that had no name and no trail associated. I'd spend a couple of weeks each summer building a x-country loop trail of my own to visit these places. If *I* was doing it... Well... I'm sure it wasn't the only fella that came up with the idea.
50 + years ago our Explorer post leader was taking our groups overland because the Muir trail was too crowded. Saw some cool territory that way too. One place he took us too was up a scree slope steep enough we were grabbing scrub trees and each others' legs to pull ourselves up the next step.

Almost every time I climb up somewhere I think maybe no one (since the Injuns) has been, I end up disappointed and finding a candy wrapper or a sardine tin from 50 years ago.

I keep holding out hope, and maybe one day I'll find that special spot...........and a .................................BIGFOOT!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
See what I mean? "Geno was here" scratched into a tree everywhere I went!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.

It’s bigger than a campground. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bigfoot is real, David Letterman ran this story decades ago with actual footage of a retired couple capturing these images with a movie camera…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
TFF…..the Letterman footage was cause for decades of spirited debate but in 2010 it was proved to be a fake. The Bigfoot on video in the Letterman video wasn’t really a Bigfoot…just a super realistic fake. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by deltakid
Just an innocent question -with all the people that spend time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and the sheer number of bears, how many skeletons of dead bears been found?

Excellent question!

I've found several in the eastern Sierras.

Pics or it never happened..

You're an idiot. In 67 years of hunting A Lot I've seen many things. WTH would I carry a heavy camera around in 1959 or 1975 or in 1982, or 1991...? I wasn't out there to show off what I killed.

Stupid mofo comment.

Alcohol driven excuse...

Tip another one...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just an innocent question -with all the people that spend time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and the sheer number of bears, how many skeletons of dead bears been found?

Excellent question!

You're an idiot. In 67 years of hunting A Lot I've seen many things. WTH would I carry a heavy camera around in 1959 or 1975 or in 1982, or 1991...? I wasn't out there to show off what I killed.

Stupid mofo comment.

Alcohol driven excuse...

Tip another one...

Projection, nothing but projection.

You really are a fool.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Excellent question!

Stupid mofo comment.

Alcohol driven excuse...

Tip another one...

Projection, nothing but projection.

You really are a fool.

That's OK, I'll leave the all night alcohol binges up to you, carry on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.

The non hunting public can't comprehend the way hunters of today use extreme optics to scour country and with the massive use of trail cams in use today, the thought of even a few specimens the size of this imaginary creature living completely unseen and unphotographed is simply ludicrous in my opinion.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's very clearly James Brown, signature flat hair and sunglasses.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The truth is that Bigfoot exist only to those that want to believe. No different than Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny…

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The truth is that Bigfoot exist only to those that want to believe. No different than Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny…

If Bigfeet existed, shrap would have two on his wall.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Meh…in my part of the world it would be easier now for a large animal to go unnoticed than at any point in the last 150 years. People always talk about development and lack of habitat. Bull, more habitat for almost everything than in a long time.

Practically every square inch of land where I live was once planted in cotton and corn and there was a house every 40 or 80 acres. There weren’t any trees to speak of. Look at old pics from the 1890s from places like Ohio and other places in the east that are densely wooded. There weren’t any trees. Why? Because they burned wood and coal for heat and cooking. Anyway, all the little farms are gone where I live and timber companies own most of that land. A 200 acre pine plantation is impenetrable for most of its life. There won’t be a human set foot in one for years on end. A herd of elephants could go unnoticed and unseen in one. An elephant could walk by a trail camera and you wouldn’t see him if he didn’t walk out into the open.

And people? There aren’t any people outside anymore except for a few months of the year during hunting season. At least not like there used to be. Even when I was a kid, there were the old men and kids who were always out driving the logging roads and trapping and such. Not these days. You can’t give away hides. The gates are all locked. The old men are all dead. Rural life these days for most is just a more inconvenient version of suburban and urban life. People work a lot and stay on the internet a lot.

We have more varmints, deer, bears, cats, hogs and everything else than we’ve ever had and they are all mostly unbothered for most of the year.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looked like a loose fitting costume . “Pants” were flopping around.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Depends. What did she say?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bigfoot is naturally blurry. That's why there are no good photo's.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,825
Posts18,477,900
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.