Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
When I hang one on a gambrel I will believe, 'til then I am pretty sure they are a townie fantasy.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Plenty of untouched wilderness in the NW.

Where?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by deltakid
Just an innocent question -with all the people that spend time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and the sheer number of bears, how many skeletons of dead bears been found?

I have found 3. I have also found a mountain lion skeleton.
Found a few of those!
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by barm
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by barm
Originally Posted by MAC
No animal in its natural habitat is that clumsy in its movements. That is a man in a costume.

Bigfoot is a myth. Not one trapper or hunter in the 1800s shot one or found one dead when they were wiping out the beaver, bison, wolf, pronhorn, elk and grizzly? Sorry but I dont buy that
Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone both reported seeing something that we might call a bigfoot.

So what? They were both also known for tall tales. And those so called events were published long after both were dead. Are you really this gullible? Trappers, prospectors and hunters went into every nook and cranny of this land and not one of them ever found a dead one or ever killed one.

Take off the blinders and engage your grey matter

I would bet you have not read one book on the subject in which you pretend to be an expert. Teddy Roosevelt wrote in the "Wilderness Hunter" about a mountain man who said exactly what you say never happened.

You are an IDIOT! When TR was told that story he was considered an Eastern Rube from NY on a hunting trip. He was told a campfire tale.

The bottom line is for more than a half a century large numbers of professional killers roamed this nation trapping and killing everything they found. And not one ever killed one of these things! Not one! Nobody found a skeleton! There is not one scrap of hide! Not one piece of actual hard evidence. Campfire tales and you are too damn dumb to grasp that.

In order for these damn things to exist there would have to be a viable breeding population and that means there would have to be well over 100 at any one time to prevent inbreeding. So where are the damn things? They exist in your imagination. Period! You are an East Coast Moron. I grew up in the Rocky Mountains and there is no way these things are there and avoid all the hunters, ranchers, sheep herders etc... on a yearly basis without someone shooting one.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mac is right. If Bigfoot had existed, one of the old time hunters like Ben Lilly would have bagged several of them.

Not to mention the millions of trail cameras posted ALL Over AMERICA. And still not one REAL photo. Not one.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/12/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by MAC
Just an innocent question -with all the people that spend time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and the sheer number of bears, how many skeletons of dead bears been found?

I have found 3. I have also found a mountain lion skeleton.
Found a few of those!
[Linked Image]

Starvation isn't pretty.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by JeffA

Excellent question!

I've found several in the eastern Sierras.

Pics or it never happened..

You're an idiot. In 67 years of hunting A Lot I've seen many things. WTH would I carry a heavy camera around in 1959 or 1975 or in 1982, or 1991...? I wasn't out there to show off what I killed.

Stupid mofo comment.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by carrollco
Most folks don’t know how to be quiet in the woods and are far too noisy. They don’t control scent, movement and the like. Scientists don’t know everything and very few are in the field. History is full of accounts and sightings. Very few have really ventured into watersheds or swamps. The Mississippi Delta was the last place to be settled in our state because of mosquitoes, disease and flooding. The Choctaws used it as hunting grounds. Here they were called Delta devils or skunk apes. Game and Fish swears there’s no panthers here either, but I have heard and seen them. My best friend is a member of a premier hunting club located over the levee by the Mississippi River at the Greenville River Bridge. The club has 35 members and the last membership sold for $600 K. It has many square miles of River bottom. Much of it has never been seen by a human in decades. How much land can 35 members hunt? Licking branches weren’t discovered by scientists but a hunter. Recent edition of Smithsonian had a new firefly discovered in New Jersey. Too much credible evidence for Bigfoot out there. There are some YouTubes of one spotted on the Mississippi River at a hunting club north of Tunica. Look for it. Sure looks like a Bigfoot to me.

I wouldn't doubt what there are still tribes of people in the Amazon that haven't been discovered.

Comparing the Amazon to America is like comparing Fetterman or Biden to an Astrophysicist!!!

I sure wish that were true. It isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
I will say if you are ever around Blue Ridge, Ga, stop in the bigfoot museum, its actually pretty cool.
Once worked with a few of the Blue Ridge folks. Pretty sure they were in close contact with BF.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Where?

North Cascades for 1 as well as the rest of the Cascade range on south into the Sierras.

The rugged Olympic mountains bordered by the dense old growth rainforests of the Olympics are another.

There are still, as unbelievable as it is to some, areas of the Mountain West that have never had a (European) footprint touch that ground. There are still areas of our country that are virtually impenetrable and unreachable by “normal” expeditions or adventure seekers.

Google earth gives couch-riding outdoorsmen and National Geographic channel “explorers” the false impression that we’ve seen it all and that the world really isn’t as big as it seems. So while the jumbo jet has shown us that the world is accessible it’s the Cessna that provides actual proof of just how big the world really is. You can’t fathom the vastness of some places from your living room window and you can’t claim the wilderness conquered from your Forest Service trailhead…

I don’t know whether Sasquatch exists but I know men whom I trust implicitly that have had experiences that they swear are true and I believe them. I’ve seen cell phone pictures taken the day before of tracks in the Mount Baker area and I know that the emotion shown during its retelling to me was genuine. I’m open to the possibility that something exists. I’m not open to the argument that they don’t exist because there’s nowhere for them to hide.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.

Last edited by longarm; 10/12/23.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Untouched but not unseen. A barrage of hikers and hunters cover much of it every year. The entire states of OR and WA combined cover about 270,000 square miles. Just the rainforest part of the Amazon basin covers 2,600,000 square miles. There are likely still tribes of people in there that haven't been discovered. The wildest parts of the PNW are a city park in comparison.

Beat me to it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My room mate in FT Hood,TX woke up beside one once. Im glad I wasnt there to witness that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by longarm
Aces
The North Cascades... Are so 'wild' that you have to wait in line to reserve a permit to camp there. Same with much of the Sierras.
To imagine that there are still drainages etc that have not been explored is fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true.. unfortunately it just is not.

To the larger question of Bigfoot being real.. certainly seems to be real in the human psyche. European and native American.
I too have known more than one old timer who had an incredible story. Something they couldn't account for, And neither can I.

I tend to agree with you longarm, but still think there are a few relatively undisturbed (by modern humans) in some of those areas where permits are "needed" to go for a hike. A fairly large majority of the types using those popular routes stick to them. There's the oddball fisherman/climber/hunter that will go off trail for their particular reasons. That said, there sure are a whole lot more folks out there, with more cameras at the ready, than there were when I was running around in the Sierras..

I'm like you guys too, in that having lived in areas that supposedly hold populations of the squatches, I've run across a fella or two who worked remotely and had some experiences they'd prefer to never have again. And I think there was one, who like renegade and his haint, who would never go back to the particular location where he saw something.

I have a tendency to think these things might be unprovable in normal terms.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haven’t several small planes crashed in the pnw over the past few decades that have not been found ? I think a dedicated person could remain undetected living out there. Why not a primate that is more like us than apes ? Dunno , but an interesting thought and would be something if they do exist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by longarm
Aces

I tend to agree with you longarm, but still think there are a few relatively undisturbed (by modern humans) in some of those areas where permits are "needed" to go for a hike. A fairly large majority of the types using those popular routes stick to them. There's the oddball fisherman/climber/hunter that will go off trail for their particular reasons. That said, there sure are a whole lot more folks out there, with more cameras at the ready, than there were when I was running around in the Sierras..

I'm like you guys too, in that having lived in areas that supposedly hold populations of the squatches, I've run across a fella or two who worked remotely and had some experiences they'd prefer to never have again. And I think there was one, who like renegade and his haint, who would never go back to the particular location where he saw something.

I have a tendency to think these things might be unprovable in normal terms.

Excellent post.

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LBP
As far as the 300-400 lbs body weight I can ask a couple girls I know! 😁

Jebus, man

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Surveyors, prospectors, timber cruisers, rockhounds, hunters of every type- cats, bears, elk, sheep, deer, mushrooms, birds, etc, fur trappers, thru-hikers, Rock scramblers and mountain climbers, botanists (ever read about some of the hikes that David Douglas went on? How about that poor bugger John Day?), desperados and the men that chased them, snowmobilers, ice climbers, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

As dear and important to our Western psyches as true wilderness is, I believe ALL of the PNW has been walked on. Sure there are some small pockets that are less often visited.. and even less often than that talked about by the guys that regularly hunt them, but still..

Geno, More than 40 years ago I was getting out the old 1950s topos of our beloved High Sierras and looking specifically for small lakes that had no name and no trail associated. I'd spend a couple of weeks each summer building a x-country loop trail of my own to visit these places. If *I* was doing it... Well... I'm sure it wasn't the only fella that came up with the idea.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Joe Biden has seen The Bigfoot

sniffed and groped it too !

real photo, not photoshopped

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, AceBall, achlupsa, Akhutr, 6mmbrfan, 11 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,967
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.