Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Was talking with a buddy this morning about hunting, dogs and shotguns. He is from a small Nebraska town that is famous for its purple pig. One of the small business owners in this town lives on the Main Street / state highway that runs east and west thru the middle of town. Their home has always been a showplace because of their attractive cottage style house and the landscaping and pristine lawn. One day, the homeowner decided to jazz up the place. He went to a concrete monument company and purchased a huge concrete pig. Were the pig a living breathing creature it would have to weigh over 500#. In its masonry state it is estimated to be pretty damn heavy. He took the porcine statue to a local automotive repair shop and told them to paint it purple. Which they did. Not just a purple crayon purple, or a purple grape purple but an aggressive, mean, in-your- face metallic purple purple. Just why the homeowner did this has never been revealed, but the purple pig has resided on his lawn for decades now.

Anyway, my buddy and several of his buddies were pheasant hunting one fall. They hit a cattail slough near the town with the purple pig. One of my buddy’s buddies had an 18 month old Brittney Spaniel which was not yet fully trained. The pup took off upon being released from his kennel and wasn’t seen again for the duration of the cattail slough drive. The hunters searched until lunchtime and then decided to hit the local tavern for some grub. After lunch, they were headed back to the slough to see if the Brittney could be found. As they were heading out of town one of them yelled, “Hey, there’s your dog!” Standing almost nose-to-nose with the purple pig was the little Brittney, in a perfect, Field & Stream cover, point. With his eyes focused, his right forepaw raised and his back straight and rigid, the pup had this gaudy monster cornered and ready for the flush and the gun…but no sport was their to back him…so frozen, like his prey , he remained.

The hunters piled out of the truck to get a better look and take some snapshots when the homeowner came out to talk. He told them that the pup had been holding that position for nigh on to half an hour.

No purpose to this story other than a hope that it made someone smile.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks for the telling. I did smile.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Was talking with a buddy this morning about hunting, dogs and shotguns. He is from a small Nebraska town that is famous for its purple pig. One of the small business owners in this town lives on the Main Street / state highway that runs east and west thru the middle of town. Their home has always been a showplace because of their attractive cottage style house and the landscaping and pristine lawn. One day, the homeowner decided to jazz up the place. He went to a concrete monument company and purchased a huge concrete pig. Were the pig a living breathing creature it would have to weigh over 500#. In its masonry state it is estimated to be pretty damn heavy. He took the porcine statue to a local automotive repair shop and told them to paint it purple. Which they did. Not just a purple crayon purple, or a purple grape purple but an aggressive, mean, in-your- face metallic purple purple. Just why the homeowner did this has never been revealed, but the purple pig has resided on his lawn for decades now.

Anyway, my buddy and several of his buddies were pheasant hunting one fall. They hit a cattail slough near the town with the purple pig. One of my buddy’s buddies had an 18 month old Brittney Spaniel which was not yet fully trained. The pup took off upon being released from his kennel and wasn’t seen again for the duration of the cattail slough drive. The hunters searched until lunchtime and then decided to hit the local tavern for some grub. After lunch, they were headed back to the slough to see if the Brittney could be found. As they were heading out of town one of them yelled, “Hey, there’s your dog!” Standing almost nose-to-nose with the purple pig was the little Brittney, in a perfect, Field & Stream cover, point. With his eyes focused, his right forepaw raised and his back straight and rigid, the pup had this gaudy monster cornered and ready for the flush and the gun…but no sport was their to back him…so frozen, like his prey , he remained.

The hunters piled out of the truck to get a better look and take some snapshots when the homeowner came out to talk. He told them that the pup had been holding that position for nigh on to half an hour.

AND THE EMBARESSED OWNER SHOT THE DOG FOR BEING A HOG DOG AND WAS ARRESTED FOR FIRING A GUN INSIDE THE CITY LIMITS AND GOT BEAT UP IN JAIL FOR KILLING A DOG AND HIS WIFE DIVORCED HIM AND KIDS HATED HIM FOR KILLING THEIR BELOVED DOG..

Moral. Spend the bucks for a well trained dog.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/12/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Thanks for the telling. I did smile.

Mission Accomplished!
grin

Thank you!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

AND THE EMBARESSED OWNER SHOT THE DOG FOR BEING A HOG DOG AND WAS ARRESTED FOR FIRING A GUN INSIDE THE CITY LIMITS AND GOT BEAT UP IN JAIL FOR KILLING A DOG AND HIS WIFE DIVORCED HIM AND KIDS HATED HIM FOR KILLING THEIR BELOVED DOG..

Jag,

There’s a dark, dark side to you, my friend! Are you sure you’re not deflave incognito 🥸?

grin

Kaywoodie
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, Dogs are awesome!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogs always make me smile.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I can never get enough dog stories.

👍 👍

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Jag,

There’s a dark, dark side to you, my friend! Are you sure you’re not deflave incognito 🥸?

grin

God bless you, pard.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
One of my buddy’s buddies had an 18 month old Brittney Spaniel which was not yet fully trained.

jag, did you read the post?

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,672
Posts18,493,799
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.