Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I noticed midway USA hasn’t had any 300 savage ammo in quite sometime. Are the major manufactures making any runs of it?

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We had some Winchester come in here at the shop a month or two back, so I guess they are running small batches here and there.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I see it at L&M Fleet Supply fairly regularly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somebody will make another run of it eventually and that is when you have to buy it. Buy it when you see it.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Some shops around here have had Remington green box 150gr a few times over the past year or so.

Graf had some Federal blue box come in fairly recently, but it's showing out of stock right now.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Federal and a Remington make one run of 300 savage per year. My local shop gets it once or twice a year. You have to buy it when you see it. It’s certainly not as common as it was years ago. I’m reloading for my 300 savage now.

Last edited by snoeproe; 10/16/23.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by damnesia
I see it at L&M Fleet Supply fairly regularly.

I was at L and M in Virginia (Mt. Iron) this summer and they had lots of 150 gr Remington. It wasn’t cheap though.

Last edited by snoeproe; 10/16/23.
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Definitely not cheap; the boxes I've seen around here have been $55-60.

250 is even worse 😬 Last box of that I saw on a shelf was $69.99... makes me quite glad I load my own.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not much seen around on-line. My local Dunham's has some. I have a $30 card to use for a returned stadium chair I bought that fell apart after one use. I had cut the tag with the BS off and they didn't want to give me a cash refund. I've been going to use it up on some firearm/hunting item, was in the other day and they had plenty of 150 Remington 300 Savage @ $70 for box of 20. That's why I reload!!!!!!!!! 300 brass hard to find also but I stocked up several years ago when it was $25-30 per bag. $70 for 20 rds? That's $3.50 per shot. Unless yer one of those guys who buy one box of ammo per year, shoot 2-5 rds before hunting and maybe only 2-5 (maybe one) during the hunt, IMO that's not really enjoying your firearm. To each his own. I'd be selling off alot of firearms paying the price of what ammo is selling for. Reloading components are overpriced also. Glad I stocked up on those also before they went nuts on the $$$$$.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
308 brass is easily resized and trimmed for 300 savage.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by zcm82

250 is even worse 😬 Last box of that I saw on a shelf was $69.99... makes me quite glad I load my own.

That's gotta be scalping. Back in the Spring I got 4 boxes of Remington 250 for $38-39 at my local shop. I took two boxes the first time, trying to be nice to the next guy. Was back in later and they were still there, screw the next guy. If I see it and have the money, I buy it. My contribution to the next guy is I give away a box of 250, and a box of 190gr 303 Silvertips at Joe's Rendezvous.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

That's gotta be scalping. Back in the Spring I got 4 boxes of Remington 250 for $38-39 at my local shop. I took two boxes the first time, trying to be nice to the next guy. Was back in later and they were still there, screw the next guy. If I see it and have the money, I buy it. My contribution to the next guy is I give away a box of 250, and a box of 190gr 303 Silvertips at Joe's Rendezvous.

That could be, but that is pretty consistent across a few shops that have it (300) around here. It isn't cheap online, either. I haven't seen enough 250 around here to establish a consistency basis for prices.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/216

https://www.midwayusa.com/rifle-ammunition/br?Cartridge=300%20Savage&cid=690

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/135

Last edited by zcm82; 10/17/23. Reason: addition
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

That could be, but that is pretty consistent across a few shops that have it (300) around here. It isn't cheap online, either. I haven't seen enough 250 around here to establish a consistency basis for prices.

I think the last Federal I got was a little over $40 a box, so that's not that far off of Graf's Price. I'm waiting for Midway to have another 250 sale. Several years ago they dumped a pile of it on the market for $16-$17 a box. I was going to buy 5 boxes a week till they ran out. The second week I hit the 6 in the quantity box, and let it ride. So, I got 11 boxes. The third week they were out.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z

I think the last Federal I got was a little over $40 a box, so that's not that far off of Graf's Price. I'm waiting for Midway to have another 250 sale. Several years ago they dumped a pile of it on the market for $16-$17 a box. I was going to buy 5 boxes a week till they ran out. The second week I hit the 6 in the quantity box, and let it ride. So, I got 11 boxes. The third week they were out.

My old man did that at the nearest Walmart quite a few years back... he has a lifetime's worth of green box Remingtons in 250S (and assorted other cartridges) that they dumped at fire sale prices when they were finishing off building a new, bigger location in town. Think the stickers on them are $10-12. He got a ton of scopes, ammo and fishing stuff dirt cheap out of that store moving.

I'm generally not that lucky with catching sales when I have money to spend. The only one I've really done well on was a bunch of 303S PPU brass from Buffalo Arms a few years back. I got 500 rounds of that stuff for under $100 shipped.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I bought two 1899s in 250S, my first 99s, and the guy gave me 35 boxes of Winchester with a few Remington boxes mixed in. Neither of the guns shoot it well. So when I need brass I just randomly fire a box or two to empty the brass.

I'd love to sell or trade it, but shipping ammo is a PITA, so here it sits...

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought two 1899s in 250S, my first 99s, and the guy gave me 35 boxes of Winchester with a few Remington boxes mixed in. Neither of the guns shoot it well. So when I need brass I just randomly fire a box or two to empty the brass.

Keith is up there in MN, close to Canada. If you wanted to sell that 250 ammo I'll find out how close you two are. He comes to Joes Rendezvous some times. I bet you could move it there.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Keith is up there in MN, close to Canada. If you wanted to sell that 250 ammo I'll find out how close you two are. He comes to Joes Rendezvous some times. I bet you could move it there.

He lives pretty close to me but I don't know him well enough to ask that sort of favor wink

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
.300 Savage are scarce up here in Maine

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

He lives pretty close to me but I don't know him well enough to ask that sort of favor wink

I asked and he said he reloads so he doesn’t need any, I didn’t go any further.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Savage94C
Not much seen around on-line. My local Dunham's has some. I have a $30 card to use for a returned stadium chair I bought that fell apart after one use. I had cut the tag with the BS off and they didn't want to give me a cash refund. I've been going to use it up on some firearm/hunting item, was in the other day and they had plenty of 150 Remington 300 Savage @ $70 for box of 20. That's why I reload!!!!!!!!! 300 brass hard to find also but I stocked up several years ago when it was $25-30 per bag. $70 for 20 rds? That's $3.50 per shot. Unless yer one of those guys who buy one box of ammo per year, shoot 2-5 rds before hunting and maybe only 2-5 (maybe one) during the hunt, IMO that's not really enjoying your firearm. To each his own. I'd be selling off alot of firearms paying the price of what ammo is selling for. Reloading components are overpriced also. Glad I stocked up on those also before they went nuts on the $$$$$.
Several years ago the guys here posted a super deal at Walmart on some Federal ammo, 243, 30-30, 30-06, and 270. At my store it came to $9.96a box, with a $5 dollar rebate on 10 box limit. Final price, $4.96. I bought 10 boxes of 30-30, and I didn’t have a 30-30. Called a good friend that hunts with a 30-06 and 270 and told him. Comes Covid and he asked if I had trouble getting ammo. I said no. He said he left home in MD for his farm in WV with ZERO ammo. Found a shop that had a box of each for $100 a box. I asked about the Walmart sale? He said he ran up there and bought a box of each, but it was all gone. I just don’t get it?????

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,600
Posts18,492,235
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.