-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Seems my season is over before it started.
Woke up Wednesday morning with very bad knee pain and by Friday I could not walk. Spent Friday in the ER. Sucks for sure. I have a tumor in my spinal cord and a MRi showed a new tumor. I was supposed to hunt Wyoming general season with a friend and a his nephew. We were taking horses and thats not going to happen for me.
Just hoping I can take my grandson on his first deer and elk hunt here in Idaho. Im pretty bummed to lay here in bed.
Hope you all have a great season. At least my 338 is dialed in and my grandson’s 257 Roberts is ready
Hope you all have a great season

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Sorry to hear this, maybe next year! Guide your grandson to his first buck! Good luck!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You got to take care of yourself first. Get better and get back out there.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Well that stinks. Like has been said take care of yourself first. Hopefully you are able to help your grandson and enjoy his first big game experience.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Get well soon then back to the mountains.

Regards,
Manny

IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sorry to hear this. Get well soon.

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If it's any consolation, I had a recent back surgery that kept me from hunting this Fall. I suffered from Christmas to May 31st, surgery went well, then I suffered through PT, ha. But I'm getting around well enough now to start shooting more at the range! I will be praying for your recovery too sir. P.S. Those tumors don't belong there, get them cut out ASAP, and don't fret Chemo or Radiation, kill it before it kills you. Grandsons need their PaPa! smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear this reddog. What is the outlook for getting the tumor taken care of?

Stay strong and I hope things improve.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
They don’t believe the tumor’s are cancerous, however I lost my Father in 2020 to cancer, his tumor’s were found in his spine. It would be nice to know for sure! Plus if they are pushing on the nerves causing me not to walk? The neurosurgeon wants to do a neck fusion on my 3-4 and 4-5 before dealing with the tumor’s. I already had fusions on 5-6 & 6-7 in 2011.
I called Friday to ask what the plan was for my tumor’s and they don’t have one. Well I sure hope thats gonna change. See him on Wednesday.
I need a knee replacement on my left knee and I have been having a issue with the right.
It seems the Doctors are in no hurry to do surgeries. I started this back journey last November when I had to do physical therapy then MRI in May followed by a MRI of brain to tail bone in June.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lonny
Sorry to hear this reddog. What is the outlook for getting the tumor taken care of?

Stay strong and I hope things improve.
Thanks Lonny
I love my bench I made with your brackets.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Guys
I appreciate the kind words.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Bud, hope everything resolves for you soon! I’m sidelined myself this year. Cancer has come back and therapy has left me with little strength and no stamina for the mountains or the long drive there and back. Now that the wolf poison treatment is over, I’m attempting to get better for some local deer hunting and be prepared for next year. My long time hunting buddy and best friend had a heart attack 3 weeks ago so he’s not elk hunting either. But we’ll be back!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
WAM I hope the best for you. I have seen both a Neurosurgeon and Ortho doctor this week. The Ortho thinks I have two issues one I may have torn my meniscus on my good knee. I also need a knee replacement on the other. Unfortunately some health issues the past couple years have pushed that back.
This coming week I have 2 MRI scheduled, one on my knee and my neck. I am in need a another neck fusion.
The neurosurgeon is setting me up for a MRI of the brain, he said he doesn’t like the fact a new legion has shown up. He is also going to do a steroid injection in my hip. He said I have a disc pushing on a nerve causing some of the leg pains.
I am a mess.
I really am hoping to take my grandson as that is the most important thing to me.
Took my wife to Wyo for antelope and had a good time. Issues have really restricted hunting the last few years.
I am hoping to get back to a good place but seems like that is a ways off

Last edited by 338reddog; 10/19/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stay in the game 338, get your treatment done and get your grandson out there! It'll make great memories for both of you.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sorry to hear this, get well soon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.