Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Some of you guys have seen the worst of the worst.
When I was young, my grandparents lived south of San Diego CA.
Several times I went to Tijuana Mexico...I can remember as a young boy wanting to kiss the ground when I crossed back into the USA.
We live in the best place on the planet.
What is the worst, most disgusting place you have ever been to?

Yes about that. I grew up in San Diego. Tijuana is a for sure stinkhole. In the 60's after turning 18 we'd go there on a Fri or Sat night, you could drink at age 18 and see things in the bars you couldn't see above the border. The town was pretty much wide open. Police and federales were and still are corrupt. Horrible poverty on the edges of town, people living in cardboard shacks, the smell of sewage. It was awful. Even back then there was a steady stream of migrants sneaking across the border, "wetbacks". About once a month we'd go surfing further south and pass through during the day. Some good waves but you had to be very careful down there and definitely not wind up in jail. Only good thing was the beer....back then at the distributors above Ensenada a wooden case of 24 cost $3.75 and you'd get $2.00 back on the bottles and case. Mexico is crappy sh*tty corrupt 3rd world country with awful music and culture.little to justify it's existence. Only thing good is the food, fishing and beer. It could be a decent country if it wasn't full of Mexicans.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Karachi Pakistan , Naples Italy , Chitcago Ill

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Amsterdam Holland. Sitting at an outside cafe for lunch, watching rubbers float by in the canals. NASTY.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Huntz
Karachi Pakistan ....

Ditto for me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've been to some unpleasant places. Places I wouldn't want to go to again.

You mean like the hardware store that sells T1-11 and $700 shower pans?

When you provoke then let everyone else take up your agenda you show the forum what a coward you are. You are not near as clever as you think you are.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RicG
Amsterdam Holland. Sitting at an outside cafe for lunch, watching rubbers float by in the canals. NASTY.

Yes. And even in the early 70's it was a doper's paradise and a large red light district. Another place I'd never want to go again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by prkguy
I used to have to inspect properties for the state in and around the Detroit area. Trust me there are areas that are very bad no BS. Lots of very nice expensive neighborhoods areas but lots of crap mixed in as well just like any major city I suppose. Yes walleye fishing on Detroit River is world class no doubt.

If I were you, I would look at your own side of the state as a [bleep] hole. Benton Harbor

Lol…I’ve heard Benton Harlem was rough. No first hand knowledge except for a fuel stop once on my way to Chicago for work.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pampa to Dumas Texas on route 87 comes to mind. I have nothing against Texas or Texans, but driving that route to New Mexico was an eye opener.

Any place in the Bronx, NY.

Tijuana for sure. The streets smelled like piss, because people were pissing anywhere they wanted to.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Some of the Detroit townships, a few neighborhoods in Manila, a few neighborhoods in. Africa. There are some chitty places

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In this country, Detroit or Baltimore. I’d probably give the nod to Baltimore because of their rat population. Outside the US, Haiti. None of the Latin American countries come close to Haiti. Misery and hopelessness on an unbelievable scale.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hmmm... The worst? Been to a lot of the places mentioned. Northern Mexico from Texas to the Pacific. A bunch of reservations, places where they'd kill you for the clothes on your back, much less if they thought you might have any money in in the pockets. Different times different places could be much worse. Just time of day can make some of them pretty dangerous.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty much any Indian rez is a schit hole. Some are a lot worse than others.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was in Tijuana in April. Rode around in an armored van. Rosarito was ultimate destination.

Pretty much the worst.

After that - areas of St Louis, Del Rio area and Elk Grove Village. Course the staff scrubbing blood off the hallway carpet and walls may skew that. Could have just been that hotel.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't see myself willingly going to those places but I do read my food labels and refuse to buy imported crap from the third world.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Schitt-Cago followed by Schitt Louis

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Huntz
Karachi Pakistan ....

Ditto for me.
Another vote for Karachi, Pakistan. Djibouti not far behind.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Juarez

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Djibouti
Somalia
Uzbekistan
Honduras

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sweden was a beautiful country when I went there in the late 90's.

Now it sounds like it may be on its way to being on this list

----------------------

Sweden’s prime minister has said the Scandinavian country has failed to integrate many of the immigrants who have settled there over the past 20 years, creating a nation of “parallel societies … living in different realities”.

Unveiling a series of measures to tackle organised crime after violent riots over the Easter weekend that left more than 100 police injured, Magdalena Andersson said Islamism and rightwing extremism had been allowed to fester in Sweden.

“Segregation has been allowed to go so far that we have parallel societies in Sweden,” the Social Democrat prime minister told a news conference. “We live in the same country but in completely different realities. We will have to reassess our previous truths and make tough decisions.”

“Integration was poor, and alongside, we have experienced intense immigration. Our society was too weak, while money for the police and social services too little,” Andersson admitted.

Sweden has experienced soaring crime rates, including murders, sexual assaults, and rape, all tied to the countries growing migrant population.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yes, Cairo, IL., is bad news. Even worse is the nearby Future City.

When goose hunting we would stay in Cairo and then travel through Future City to get to the fields. Homes built out of scrap lumber, roofs made out of flattened beer and soda cans. I recall stopping to wait for a funeral procession to pass. A casket made out of weathered barn siding drawn by a mule.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,318
Posts18,487,346
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.